The other side's POV

The other side's POV

This is a discussion on The other side's POV within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought this article was interesting. The arguments are completely baseless and irrational, but that's news I reckon. http://www.amhersttimes.com/index.ph...2651&Itemid=27...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The other side's POV

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar

The other side's POV

I thought this article was interesting. The arguments are completely baseless and irrational, but that's news I reckon.

http://www.amhersttimes.com/index.ph...2651&Itemid=27
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Clueless. Obviously didn't even have a clue about the requirements to get a CCW or the training levels of some officers. Not suprised though, head in the sand like always.

Assistant Administrator
    <sigh>

. I would leave the police work to the police, and they would leave the squirrel hunting to me. The notion that 38 states would have “concealed carry” laws in 2006 would have seemed insane, a regression to a more primitive idea of who we are.
    Does this guy know anything about response times, and the cops not actually being set up just to protect his butt, or anyone else's! As for regression - well - total horse puckey.

What’s worse, by granting this right to individuals, the law strips the public of its right to occupy public spaces without the threat of being shot.
    Oh right - <nudge> - has he ever heard of criminals - ya know, those folks who go anywhere anytime, often armed?? Has he no way to see armed good-guy-citizens as just that - good guys and responsible. Maybe he has not realized about legal ramifications - matters that for sure deter most all from frivolous gun toting and shooting.

Oh well - can't get thru thick heads and uninformed emotion - not often.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm so glad there wasn't a "Reply to the Writer" button....probably would have started with a non-PC line...like "Are you an idiot?"

Quote: No one is safer if gun-carrying civilians believe their rights entitle them to pretend they’re cops

Talk about naive. So society would be better if only the police/gov't had guns? Washington DC

Not to mention, as a military officer, I take offense to the term "gun-carrying civilians"...

More importantly, AS A CITIZEN...I take offense to the term "gun-carrying civilians"...

/rant off

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I didn't mean to get you guys all riled up. I just think it is important to keep in perspective the arguments that we are up against so that we can deal with them in a calm and collected manner. It is good to keep your senses dulled (in a manner of speaking) to the opposition so that you don't overreact and play into their hands.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Reminds me of what one of my less politically correct friends always says.."anyone that doesn't believe in gun ownership should be taken out and shot".
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I asked one of the state coalitions opposed to these laws whether it would attack them in the Legislature this year. The answer was no. It is too busy trying to defeat a “shoot first” bill, which would give gun owners the right to fire away instead of trying to avoid a confrontation. The way I see it, Minnesota is only one step away from requiring every citizen to carry a gun and use it when provoked.
    This is the problem .

Its called the "Castle Doctrine", not “shoot first” bill! The Castle Doctrine isnt a sneaky way for people to comit murder! Believe it or not, people are acountable for their actions.

Senior Moderator
    I read the article, and tried to see the issue from her viewpoint, but I never completed advanced Yoga, and so sadly I am unable to place my head up my own posterior bodily orifice.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Talk About Clueless?...

Why would ANYONE come to the aid of an airhead like this...getting mugged...oh well!

I would advise her ...call Domino's rather than 911...that is...if you want someone on the scene quickly!

And...there are a LOT of people who believe this crap...

For me and mine...I'll dial 1-911!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    ...srfl don't read the article....you'll just get really, really mad.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Well.............From Amherst, one of the bastions of idiocy, liberalism and academic mumbo-jumbo. What's not to expect from a college town newspaper?

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    Reminds me of what one of my less politically correct friends always says.."anyone that doesn't believe in gun ownership should be taken out and shot".
    And there's a problem with that?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Hmmm. I guess it's time to ask Dr. Phil what he thinks about this sort of thing - NOT!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

By focusing so obsessively on an individual’s rights — in this case, the purported individual right to bear arms in the library — all other rights are shoved aside.
    What other entity, besides an individual, can have a "right" in the true meaning of the word?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    ...srfl don't read the article....you'll just get really, really mad.
    It didn't make me angry, per se. It does bring the sheep mentality into a lamentably clear view.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links