Ted Nugent's message to Obama - Page 3

Ted Nugent's message to Obama

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent's message to Obama within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What about farrakhan's speech where is the investigation?...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Ted Nugent's message to Obama

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    What about farrakhan's speech where is the investigation?
    ErnieNWillis, niks and stevez like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Since we try to adhere to the rule against discussing partisan politics, all I can say is an amazed, "really" to the part about
    "abusing the constitution."
    says the guy who thinks speaking bad of the charlatan in office is seditious, people like this contributer think nothing of stealing your rights away from you
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    The "chop their heads off" was obviously a figure of speech given the context. He was using the Braveheart analogy, or am I imagining things?
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

VIP Member
    Ted talks his mind.

I see nothing criminal in Nugents statement. I interpret his comment to refer to his fear of gun confiscation under a second term, and his intent to not comply. ??Who knows. Not a threat to Obama imo. Just not politically correct, so what.If is not a threat, its protected FREE SPEECH imho...yeah really ...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    says the guy who thinks speaking bad of the charlatan in office is seditious, people like this contributer think nothing of stealing your rights away from you
    Let's keep it real, apvbguy. Hopyard is asking for substantive evidence of abuse of the Constitution by President Obama as stevez implied, although he has yet to reply; and you shoot a low blow.
    As to the evidence, two examples come to mind. First is Fast and Furious. The AG is stonewalling. We're going to hear more as truth will out his island of denial will erode. Second is Obama's ridiculous statement to the Supreme Court that their raking Obamacare over the coals is "unprecedented", "I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress." AG Holder also had to answer to federal judges for that one.
    Let's see if we can think of others, OK?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Let's keep it real, apvbguy. Hopyard is asking for substantive evidence of abuse of the Constitution by President Obama as stevez implied, although he has yet to reply; and you shoot a low blow.
    As to the evidence, two examples come to mind. First is Fast and Furious. The AG is stonewalling. We're going to hear more as truth will out his island of denial will erode. Second is Obama's ridiculous statement to the Supreme Court that their raking Obamacare over the coals is "unprecedented", "I'm confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress." AG Holder also had to answer to federal judges for that one.
    Let's see if we can think of others, OK?
    it would be wise on your part to limit your comments to what you have knowledge of, here is where your boy accused ME of sedition, people like him are trying to limit free speech, this is the tyranny of the ignorant

Originally Posted by Hopyard
    Yes-- Absolutely. If you tell lies you are committing libel. That is not free speech.
    We have tolerated it since the beginning, and paid a high price for it as well.

And since you called me a syncophant, on no basis whatsoever as you do not know a thing about me,
    it is clear that you are quite willing to libel others.

We can't have good governance when everyone with a keyboard spreads libelous lies.

Here is part of the text:

SECT. 3. And be it further enacted and declared, That if any person shall be prosecuted under this act for the writing or publishing any libel aforesaid, it shall be lawful for the defendant, upon the trial of the cause, to give in evidence in his defence, the truth of the matter contained in the publication charged as a libel. And the jury who shall try the cause shall have a right to determine the law and the fact, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

VIP Member
    apvbguy, you're losing me on the separators of your reply to my reply to you. I see that you are quite emotional about something that Hopyard wrote. But he isn't going to silence you even if he wanted to, though you are probably not scoring plus points with the mods. All I'm saying is keep the discussion within the lines.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I'm pretty sure the Constitution can suffer and persevere through any and all assaults or abuse from the generations.

I have faith, though. My wife tells me that she will visit me even if I don't know who she is. And she trusts that I would visit her in same. We are the people.

Uncle Ted is starting to make me yawn.

VIP Member
    I'm not saying that you're a lackadaisical patriot, but you sound like a sleepy guy, Doghandler. It doesn't matter if it's the HUAC making careers at the expense of innocent Americans, Lyndon Johnson's usurping war powers, Ollie North selling arms to Iran to support a fight in Central America that congress voted down, Slick Willy with lying to congress about adultery while in office, W. Bush with the Patriot Act. Clearly, Obama cares more for Obamacare than for 2A.
    In my life, abuse of the Constitution calls for active, intelligent response. Americans are supposed to be vigilant to abuse of our government. Yeah, you could say we'll be here until the end, whatever that means.
    I agree that TN spoke with more hyperbole than substance. Maybe he thought that we could fill in the blanks. I guess you're saying that he's sounding a false alarm. If we can't know, then whom?
    shooterX and Doghandler like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Losing respect for Ted, inciting violence with his comment about being dead or in jail. Wow!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Make no mistake: opponents of the Constitution and your second ammendment rights hate you for your position not for the words you use to defend it. I'm content to let Ted be Ted. Although I may not use the same words he chooses I am confident we both have our muzzles pointed in the same direction.

I agree with Ted Nugent 100% and I like the way he said it. The days of PC have to stop and we need to take our country back. God Bless America!!!!

Rich
    niks and stevez like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    [QUOTE=21bubba;2234096]
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post

Yep.
    Care to enlighten those of us who don't know what you're talking about?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Losing respect for Ted, inciting violence with his comment about being dead or in jail. Wow!
    I took it as since he thinks BO will be coming for our guns, he would either die or go to jail trying to keep them; not be out trying to kill our president.

You know what they say about ASSuming?

By the way, people hadn't used violence to stop what they perceived an oppressive rule we very well may still be answering to British Parliament.
    accessbob likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links