Ted Nugent's message to Obama - Page 5

Ted Nugent's message to Obama

This is a discussion on Ted Nugent's message to Obama within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Toorop Hopefully Uncle Ted gets a visit from the Secret Service and then water boarded. You don't threaten our POTUS or national ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Ted Nugent's message to Obama

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Hopefully Uncle Ted gets a visit from the Secret Service and then water boarded. You don't threaten our POTUS or national security. Uncle Ted is nothing but a coward and an Un-American idiot who brings shame to our nation with his history of sleeping with underage girls, drug use, and stupid comments. I don't understand why everyone thinks threatening the lives of our senior officials is funny.
    Threatening their lives? I didn't hear any threats at all in that video.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Threatening their lives? I didn't hear any threats at all in that video.
    It is an implied threat. Same as his concert footage using profanity and unchristian language.

It is an implied threat. Same as his concert footage using profanity and unchristian language.
    I took it as since he thinks BO will be coming for our guns, he would either die or go to jail trying to keep them; not be out trying to kill our president.

How does profanity and unchristian language have any relevancy to this discussion?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Ahhh...I see. Much like the implied threat Obama made to the Supreme Court?
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nugent= Draft dodging scum. My father and ALL 5 of his brothers fought or served for Ted's right to say anything he wants. I served active duty in the Air Force, and then the Army during the first Gulf War. My brother was in the Marines in the 80's and after was in the National Guard, and ran a Route Clearance Platoon in Afghanistan, where he was shot at every day.

Sad that ole Ted was too much of a coward to pick up a rifle---maybe he's French.
    Toorop and 21bubba like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Nugent= Draft dodging scum. My father and ALL 5 of his brothers fought or served for Ted's right to say anything he wants. I served active duty in the Air Force, and then the Army during the first Gulf War. My brother was in the Marines in the 80's and after was in the National Guard, and ran a Route Clearance Platoon in Afghanistan, where he was shot at every day.

Sad that ole Ted was too much of a coward to pick up a rifle---maybe he's French.
    I've never been in the armed forces, and while I do appreciate your service dearly, do you think that I do not have a right to speech or that I do not love my country?

I took it as since he thinks BO will be coming for our guns, he would either die or go to jail trying to keep them; not be out trying to kill our president.

How does profanity and unchristian language have any relevancy to this discussion?
    I took it as he said he wants to cut their heads off.

Well as a reasonable person, I would not like to hear that kind of talk regarding my politicians and I don't think it makes him look reasonable. It makes him look crude and unreasonable and like someone who cannot get his point across without veiled threats or vulgarity.

I took what he said as "I will be in jail for an assassination attempt or dead because I failed" rather than rhetoric. I hope the Secret Service investigates as we don't need rhetoric like that. Look at the rhetoric that inspired Gerard Laughner and made his crazy act up enough to shoot Congresswoman Garbrielle Giffords. We don't need that kind of talk in our politics. Combine this with things he has said in the past and you have the beginnings of a threat to national security.
    Hopyard and AZJD1968 like this.

I've never been in the armed forces, and while I do appreciate your service dearly, do you think that I do not have a right to speech or that I do not love my country?
    You don't make fun of the French for losing a war or call them cowards for surrendering like "Uncle Ted" does. And we have a volunteer military now, when "Uncle Ted" got his draft notice, he made sure he would not be able to go because he didn't want to and claimed to be mentally ill or crazy. He let someone else go and serve in his place while he stayed here and got high and slept with underage women. What a disgrace he is.

I don't care if you've never served or what your speech/opinions are: If you're a citizen in this country I will support your right to say anything you want. I may disagree, but I will support the right to free speech. I have no problem with Ted expressing his opinion, I just don't think he has any moral fiber on which to stand. No doubt there are many millions of non-veterans who love this country. Ted, IMO, isn't a good choice to speak for gun owners. I don't believe he is doing us any favors. Ted is out for Ted--I'm sure he sold plenty of CD's after the NRA convention.
    21bubba likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

So you think part of that quote is figurative and the other is literal? Sounds to me like you're making a death threat out of a metaphor.
    ^^Thank you for saving me the trouble of typing this^^

I took it as he said he wants to cut their heads off.
    If you take it out of context, which you did, then yeh.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Nothing implied about "Rev" Jesse's threat on Obama. I don't recall hearing about him getting a visit from the USSS.

Eddie Vedder get a visit when Bush was Pres? or Alec Baldwin?

Let's listen to John Kerry threaten to kill Bush @2:40
    With a smile on his face.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    ... Look at the rhetoric that inspired Gerard Laughner and made his crazy act up enough to shoot Congresswoman Garbrielle Giffords. We don't need that kind of talk in our politics. Combine this with things he has said in the past and you have the beginnings of a threat to national security.
    What rhetoric was that exactly? I seem to remember Loughner was just plain crazy, not driven by any specific "side of the isle" or beliefs. He had personal issues with Ms. Giffords. And anyway, TN is an entertainer(debatable) not a politician. He is entitled to say as many crazy things as he wants as long as he doesn't threaten the president (which we will leave to the SS to determine if there is a concern). Although, all Ted needs to do is have a few prostitutes with him when they come to investigate and he should be fine.
    Last edited by BigStick; April 18th, 2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    People on both sides of the isle jump to conclusions before they understand the entire issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Although, all Ted needs to do is have a few prostitutes with him when they come to investigate and he should be fine.
    Yeah, or maybe a 14 year-old girl....Oh, I'm sorry, that was back when Ted was ONLY 30!!!! I wonder what fathers on DC would think about Ted doing their 14 year old daughter???
    Toorop likes this.
    SOLD my guns.

VIP Member
    Here's what our forefathers would have done with TN and very many others who have mouths too big
    for our country's own good.

The following was once our law, and it needs to be reinstated, perhaps with minor modifications to our present day sensibilities about freedom of speech.

SECT. 2. And be it further enacted, That if any person shall write, print, utter, or publish, or shall cause or procure to be written, printed, uttered, or published, or shall knowingly and willingly assist or aid in writing, printing, uttering, or publishing any false, scandalous and malicious writing or writings against the government of the United States, or either House of the Congress of the United States, or the President of the United States, with intent to defame the said government, or either House of the said Congress, or the said President, or to bring them, or either of them, into contempt or disrepute; or to excite against them, or either or any of them, the hatred of the good people of the United States, or to stir up sedition within the United States; or to excite any unlawful combinations therein, for opposing or resisting any law of the United States, or any act of the President of the United States, done in pursuance of any such law, or of the powers in him vested by the Constitution of the United States; or to resist, oppose, or defeat any such law or act; or to aid, encourage or abet any hostile designs of any foreign nation against the United States, their people or government, then such person, being thereof convicted before any court of the United States having jurisdiction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars, and by imprisonment not exceeding two years.

SECT. 3. And be it further enacted and declared, That if any person shall be prosecuted under this act for the writing or publishing any libel aforesaid, it shall be lawful for the defendant, upon the trial of the cause, to give in evidence in his defence, the truth of the matter contained in the publication charged as a libel. And the jury who shall try the cause shall have a right to determine the law and the fact, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

Section 3 is critical, and some of Section 2 needs to be altered, but if we are to once again
    have sensible political discussions based on fact instead of Cable Company lies and
    mega Hype, and if we are to have a modicum of restraint from hyperbolic speech which borders on the insane,
    and if we are to rid ourselves of lunatics who say the most outlandish things to harm us all, and claim to be patriots
    though they are none of the sort, we need to revisit
    the Sedition Act of 1798.

It has been repeatedly called unconstitutional but there never was a Supreme Court decision
    against it.
    Last edited by Hopyard; April 18th, 2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: grammar fix.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links