Defensive Carry banner

Nothing has been rushed about the new Wisconsin gun rights law

801 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  SFury 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The Wisconsin law was over 20 years of working for it, twice vetoed by a Liberal Governor. Even though that Governor carried a 38.
Not even a year into it they are working to repeal it . And have made it clear when they get a new Governor it will be gone.

#4 ·
Really? Why do you keep saying the same thing...

Yes, some want to repeal the law. Someone always wants to trample on others.

If Democratically controlled houses passed the bill along, then how much support do the illogical naysayers actually have? Stop screaming fire when there is no chance at the CC law being repealed.

All we have to do is keep electing pro-gun candidates and all will be well. You sound like some of the NRA people who have been blowing some things way out of proportion in the last decade. Take a chill pill, and be vigilant.

#5 ·
I like how they don't even know which amendment covers gun ownership.

People who choose to legally carry concealed weapons should know how to use them. This is not a First Amendment issue. It is a safety issue.

#8 ·
Regardless of whether one feels Act 35 will be repealed if the present Governor is voted out is really not the issue.

The issue for all of us is not to let our guard down and just because we have Act 35 all is good. We need to keep in mind that the 2nd amendment/open/concealed carry is and has been under attack. This is a battle that will never end in America. The Brady Group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton (when it fits their agenda) are not giving up. While the NRA has done a lot of good for the cause however they can not do it all. We have to do whatever we can in helping desensitize America to the fact that armed law abiding citizens are not criminals and one does not need to "fear".

After reading many of the posts on the various threads on this forum and other info via the internet the time has come for us to go on offense. We have been on defense far too long. I believe if there was a nationwide open carry day once a month it would help to desensitize America. It might also get law enforcement agencies come up with a workable policy when getting "man with a gun" calls besides "throwing the person to ground and cuffing them as so presently do.

I understand the plus sides to concealed carry(CC). However no one knows one is concealed carrying (yes that is a big reason for CC). With CC the anti gun people that shop in various business establishments are not "afraid" due to the fact that they do not see any weapon.

I am just speaking for our cause(our 2nd amendment rights and not the self defense issues) with what I am saying. Concealed carry is a defense move. Open carry is an offense move and why I suggested it. If you think about it CC is no different then the military "don't ask, don't tell". Even the CC laws in some states say you do not have to tell an officer you are carrying unless they ask. Isn't it time we "came out" at least once a month.

#10 ·
Smitty901 is the boy who cried wolf.

He needs to understand how the legislative process works. We have many great teachers in the state that can explain it clearly. I know my 7th grade civics teacher did back in the early 90s.

Like I said, stay vigilant, and we can keep the issues we have to face at the state level to a minimum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.