Negroes With Guns - Page 2

Negroes With Guns

This is a discussion on Negroes With Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMO...Love / Hate Relationship.....................similar today between historically oppressed peoples....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Negroes With Guns

IMO...Love / Hate Relationship.....................similar today between historically oppressed peoples.

You know... I'm not even going to touch this one with a ten foot pole...

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    You know... I'm not even going to touch this one with a ten foot pole...
    Then why comment? I found it to be a very interesting article.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I kept writing a comment, deleting, writing, deleting, then figured best not mess with it. This can be a touchy subject. I found the article to be great though, but I have my opinions why what Ann proposes will never happen.

I kept writing a comment, deleting, writing, deleting, then figured best not mess with it. This can be a touchy subject. I found the article to be great though, but I have my opinions why what Ann proposes will never happen.
    Ah well then on that account we can agree...but I do find that touchy subjects need to be touched upon.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

It's like finally agreeing to talk about the elephant in the room.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    and there is so much more truth that many do not want to discuss or are afraid the light will shne in the dark......
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Adding to this tidbit... Lincoln was the first Republican President and he gave what to the Blacks??? Back then, the VP could be of another party and so it was that Andrew Jackson, Democrat, became President after Lincoln was assassinated.

It has always fascinated me to see the southern states so pro Democratic... when in reality, they were kept down by the very party they support...

Reminds me of the saying that to keep control of the masses, keep them illiterate and in need of handouts and they will follow their masters...
    You have to remember how different the parties were then, Dems were the "conservative" Party.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Okay I'll bite. The reason why we won't see droves of new NRA members, as Ann suggests in the article, is the differences in our societies belief in individual responsibility versus societal responsibility. The vast majority of anti-gunners who took to the streets in protest over the Florida shooting case have completely given up their personal responsibly to protect themselves and their loved ones. In their view it is societies fault that the shooting happened, not an individual one. Those of us on this forum obviously believe in individual responsibility, that it is up to ME to keep my family safe. I do not lay that burden on someone else's shoulders. I do not look to others to provide for my well being or my families. If someone is threatening me or mine, I will take up arms in defense, not cry out in the streets about how victimized I am and how this is all societies problem. I don't believe this is easily divided into ethnic groups either, because this is a state of mind, not a color of skin issue. That's why I hesitated to post on this thread.

John123 is correct - our society has become one of not accepting responsibility for one's actions. There's always an excuse or someone else to blame.
    shooterX and wmhawth like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

What mano3 says:

Fault.jpg
    mano3 likes this.

A brief story....I used to hunt waterfowl in a state park in Conn. back in the early '70s.....the local chapter of the Audabon Society had the park closed to hunting as they were opposed to it as well as huge anti-firearm proponents....the state closed the park under pressure.
    One evening back then while sitting watching the TV news....I see that the Conn. Chapter while on a photo safari in Africa was attacked by armed bandits in the bush....one fella from Conn. was shot dead, some injured and all robbed and left out in the African Bush at thier mercy.....Point is....their interview on the local news went something like this......."Where were the men with the guns to protect us" they kept repeating to the reporters.

I just laughed........
    beararms likes this.

Thanks Mano. Bill Cosby spoke the truth on the subject of responsibility. He also pissed A LOT of people off, but he was right. Some people love playing the professional victim role, but the more professional victims we have the more lopsided our society becomes, as it is now. I would love to see a better armed society, for then it soon becomes a polite society.
    mano3 likes this.

Okay I'll bite. The reason why we won't see droves of new NRA members, as Ann suggests in the article, is the differences in our societies belief in individual responsibility versus societal responsibility. The vast majority of anti-gunners who took to the streets in protest over the Florida shooting case have completely given up their personal responsibly to protect themselves and their loved ones. In their view it is societies fault that the shooting happened, not an individual one. Those of us on this forum obviously believe in individual responsibility, that it is up to ME to keep my family safe. I do not lay that burden on someone else's shoulders. I do not look to others to provide for my well being or my families. If someone is threatening me or mine, I will take up arms in defense, not cry out in the streets about how victimized I am and how this is all societies problem. I don't believe this is easily divided into ethnic groups either, because this is a state of mind, not a color of skin issue. That's why I hesitated to post on this thread.
    Not only do they expect safety from a 3rd party, but there is an overwhelming animosity from them against those that actually do take safety into their own hands. They just plain do not know how to 'live and let live'. As I've seen stated many times around here, something along the lines of "Don't question my choice to carry a gun, and I won't question your stupidity not to".
    John123 and beararms like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    yup, all kids should carry guns to defend themselves from adults.
    ive always hated ann coulter and i always will. maybe "hate" is to strong a word, but i dont think i have ever agreed with her or heard/read anything from her that didnt offend me in some way or another.
    You're probably not going to enjoy much of what a lot of us have to say around here then. Welcome to the forum.
    mano3 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links