Negroes With Guns

This is a discussion on Negroes With Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Edward7 yup, all kids should carry guns to defend themselves from adults. ive always hated ann coulter and i always will. maybe ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Negroes With Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    yup, all kids should carry guns to defend themselves from adults.
    ive always hated ann coulter and i always will. maybe "hate" is to strong a word, but i dont think i have ever agreed with her or heard/read anything from her that didnt offend me in some way or another.
    All I can keep thinking after reading this post of yours is "The Truth Hurts...Some".

The truth can set you free. Search for it....devour it, learn it, spread it. Find it no matter where it comes from and don't think that just because those you "admire" say it...it is true.
    Last edited by Spirit51; April 20th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    You are intentionally pushing the line after being warned by the moderator, that is what you have done.
    just so i dont do it again, how did i push the line beyond arguing for the other side of this topic? again, if liberals arent welcome to talk, ill be quiet.

Let's keep this thread On Topic folks.

I'm just as guilty of tugging it slightly off topic and instead of closing this thread, lets keep it in the context of the original article posted.
    Spirit51 and Rock and Glock like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

JD
    Administrator
    Keep this on topic of firearms legislation. Until there is more legitimate info Re: Zimmerman we're not going to rehash the same cluster of a topic over and over again...

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    It's a shame that most folks don't know that the first gun control laws were meant to keep them from blacks, wonder how some of them might feel if they knew the truth.
    Spirit51, msgt/ret and Pistology like this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    It's a shame that most folks don't know that the first gun control laws were meant to keep them from blacks, wonder how some of them might feel if they knew the truth.
    You are so right that it would surprise them, but it has been engrained in them that Republicans, Conservative and People with a love of Country and God are against them. The "Bad Guys".

The truth of history is not taught in our schools or institutions of higher learning.

If only people would get rid of the old ideas and realize that there are good things to be learned from Conservatives too. Learn the TRUE History of our Country. But I won't be holding my breath. I can only teach my children, grandchildren and those who will listen. My daddy taught me...all I can do is pass it on.

This was a excellent article by Ann. I am going to pass it on to my circle.
    TheShadow likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Adding to this tidbit... Lincoln was the first Republican President and he gave what to the Blacks??? Back then, the VP could be of another party and so it was that Andrew Jackson, Democrat, became President after Lincoln was assassinated.
    Ummm... please, Lincoln's VP was Andrew JOHNSON. Andrew Jackson was a whole 'nother story.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Ummm... please, Lincoln's VP was Andrew JOHNSON. Andrew Jackson was a whole 'nother story.
    Good catch Gasmitty.
    Rock and Glock and shooterX like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Wow....a powerful tidbit from history right there.
    You're probably employing the literary understatement, but it's not a "tidbit" if it is the root cause to our current position with regards to 2A.

Adding to this tidbit... Lincoln was the first Republican President and he gave what to the Blacks??? Back then, the VP could be of another party and so it was that Andrew Jackson, Democrat, became President after Lincoln was assassinated.
    As corrected, above, VP Johson was Republican or more accurately National Union Party - same as Lincoln. And the losing candidate as VP went out with the 12th Amendment (1804) and VP Aaron Burr.

It has always fascinated me to see the southern states so pro Democratic... when in reality, they were kept down by the very party they support...

Reminds me of the saying that to keep control of the masses, keep them illiterate and in need of handouts and they will follow their masters...
    Post-war "Dixiecrats" refused to vote for Republicans out of protest for treatment during Reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    ...Republicans, Conservative and People with a love of Country and God are against them. The "Bad Guys".

The truth of history is not taught in our schools or institutions of higher learning.

If only people would get rid of the old ideas and realize that there are good things to be learned from Conservatives too. Learn the TRUE History of our Country. But I won't be holding my breath. I can only teach my children, grandchildren and those who will listen. My daddy taught me...all I can do is pass it on.

This was a excellent article by Ann. I am going to pass it on to my circle.
    Good things to learn like, "don't spend other people's money and make wise choices with your own."

The NRA's proud history of fighting the Klan has been airbrushed out of the record by those who were complicit with the KKK, Jim Crow and racial terror, to wit: the Democrats.... [G]un control is always a scheme of the powerful to deprive the powerless of the right to self-defense.
    Go Ann.

In the preface to "Negroes With Guns," Williams writes: "I have asserted the right of Negroes to meet the violence of the Ku Klux Klan by armed self-defense -- and have acted on it. It has always been an accepted right of Americans, as the history of our Western states proves, that where the law is unable, or unwilling, to enforce order, the citizens can, and must act in self-defense against lawless violence."
    Civil rights hero Robert F. Williams gives voice to my signature line 46 years before the Supreme Court and 160 years after Blackstone's observation. Cool cat. Coulter whets my appetite to learn more of this hero.
    Spirit51 and shooterX like this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

A fine article. Ayoob once wrote of minorities being armed. He spoke of the high crime rate areas where the majority of those living there are minorities. He asked, "Who better to be armed than the honest people who live in these places?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links