Irony Alert - NAACP weighs in on what they say is a "Stand Your Ground" case against

This is a discussion on Irony Alert - NAACP weighs in on what they say is a "Stand Your Ground" case against within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The NAACP has lost its way. I have a coworker who is pretty proactive and stops a lot of cars. He stopped a black female ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Irony Alert - NAACP weighs in on what they say is a "Stand Your Ground" case against

The NAACP has lost its way. I have a coworker who is pretty proactive and stops a lot of cars. He stopped a black female for speeding and for whatever reason she decided to call the NAACP and complain about him. The NAACP called my captain and started railing at him because the officer in question is out of control, stopping blacks for no reason, and doing all sorts of "mean" things. They said they wanted him punished for his out of control behavior. Guess what the punchline is?

Apparently the person that originally called the NAACP failed to mention to them that the officer in question is also black. When my captain told them that, they told him to disregard their complaint.

It seems that since he was black, it was OK for him to be an out of control cop (he isn't out of control), but the NAACP seemed to believe he was and once they found out he was the "right color", they no longer wanted him punished.
    The Old Anglo and Bubbiesdad like this.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    The NAACP has lost its way. I have a coworker who is pretty proactive and stops a lot of cars. He stopped a black female for speeding and for whatever reason she decided to call the NAACP and complain about him. The NAACP called my captain and started railing at him because the officer in question is out of control, stopping blacks for no reason, and doing all sorts of "mean" things. They said they wanted him punished for his out of control behavior. Guess what the punchline is?

Apparently the person that originally called the NAACP failed to mention to them that the officer in question is also black. When my captain told them that, they told him to disregard their complaint.

It seems that since he was black, it was OK for him to be an out of control cop (he isn't out of control), but the NAACP seemed to believe he was and once they found out he was the "right color", they no longer wanted him punished.
    That definitely sounds like the good ole NAACP we all know and love!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Florida adopted a law 10,20,life,, 10yrs If gun used in crime,,20 If fired, Life if a death accures. I don't make laws I just follow them ; )
    H/D
    Very excessive.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

The NAACP is not about equal rights in reality they are as hypocritical as our Government. The NAACP is doing one thing well which is keeping racism alive so they have a purpose.

They wouldn't have any problem with a Stand Your Ground but only if your are Black Law.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Naacp,What a self serving joke. Please flush that toilet.

There is no self-defense argument... it you leave the situation, and then return with a gun. Self-defense, is out the window.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Seems she didn't want a way out of a bad relationship. She wanted revenge.

There are women's shelters everywhere. Free money and education to get started. Job placement programs abound. There are ways out of a bad relationship if someone really wants.

Missed opportunities and then returning doesn't equate to a self defense scenario on most cases.

Definitely a sad ending for this woman. If only people will stop and think things through with a calm head, it doesn't have to end that way.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links