Defensive Carry banner

CNN: Florida Stand Your Ground Poll

2K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Lindy1933 
#1 ·
www.cnn.com/us/

Near bottom of page. Mostly news for liberals, but let's weigh in anyway.

#6 ·
Voted!

This is one that the DC membership should hit hard...then CNN will be forced to take it down (they don't like losing polls).

#7 ·
Just voted: Here's the current stats:
Quick vote
Would you favor a "stand your ground" law in your state?
Read Related Articles
This is not a scientific poll
No 48% 67519
Yes 44% 61948
Don't know 8% 11509
Total votes: 140976
This is not a scientific poll

#8 ·
I don't waste my time on those polls. There are millions of hits to CNN.com everyday and only about 28ooo folks have voted. Nobody pay attention to these. Just a fun diversion for folks to do at lunch time (if they even find the poll buried at the bottom of the 'US' page

#13 ·
Very true. I have a family member that had never heard of the 'stand your ground' law, but was telling me that it needed to be repealed. I asked them if they knew what the definition of the law was, and they had no clue. 'Just another open mind waiting to be told what to think.

#15 ·
Iv'e discussed this with ignorant posters on other forums. None of them have actually read the law. Most want to repel it as they believe you can walk up to somebody start a fight and shoot them if they fight back. Which clearly is not true.

776.041 Use of force by aggressor. —The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) ...
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, ..

#17 ·
Voted still 60 v. 40 the wrong way.

#19 ·
They probably noticed the right answer gaining ground so they decided enough was enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.