The Battle of Athens, TN 1946...A little known history lesson...

This is a discussion on The Battle of Athens, TN 1946...A little known history lesson... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Subject: The Battle of Athens, Tenn. 1946 Here is a very interesting piece of Am. Hisory that not many people know about........ The right to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By First Sgt

Thread: The Battle of Athens, TN 1946...A little known history lesson...

The Battle of Athens, TN 1946...A little known history lesson...

Subject: The Battle of Athens, Tenn. 1946

Here is a very interesting piece of Am. Hisory that not many people know about........

The right to defend yourself from ANY person, or government, even your own.

The second amendment and what it was meant for.

If you believe in the 2nd amendment this is a must see and why the framers added it to the Constitution.

Take a few minutes for this History lesson.

-
    This is a film production, but the incident really did happen. Athens is about 20 or 25 miles north Cleveland , Tenn.

Please watch this to the end. This is the real reason why we have the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States ..

A couple of years ago someone I know from Tennessee recounted a conversation with an old man who had been a boy at the time of the Battle of Athens. His father had taken a part in it. The man remembered how his mother had been up all night worrying about her husband. In the morning the man said that his father came home, put his shotgun behind the kitchen door and sat down to his breakfast, and no one in the family ever said another word about that night.

You can also google "Battle of Athens" for more information. Never heard about this in history class. Pretty amazing. About 14 minutes long. You gotta watch it.

Be sure to view in full screen – I never knew about this nor did I know a movie had been made on it.

My concern is how do we fight the technology when they are trying to have people vote by way of the internet!!!!!

Every election would have fraud!!! Same as it is now with anonymous donors thru the internet from foreign interests.

Battle of Athens

Battle-of-Athens

Here is an excellent written account of the events as well:

http://constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm
    gunthorp likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Athens,TN

Lived in TN all my life, been to Athens a ton of times and never heard this history lesson. Of course the Government schools I went to never taught this not even in Tennessee History. Thanks 1st SGT a lesson we all should know.

The first time I ever went to Athens Tennessee, My Father pulled me out of Middle school to go see the President Reagan speak on a campaign stop in I guess in 1984. it was amazing to actually see the President and hear him speak. Being a little guy I don't remember much about the speech. I do remember the security on the rooftops and the helicopters that the President rode on.

This was a lasting memory that I hope to be able to do with my Kids someday.

mkh
    Heard about this a few years ago. They say that those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Heck, most people don't even know our history any more.

JD
    Administrator
    Running here: The Battle Of Athens

Links