Will you let them take them? - Page 3

Will you let them take them?

This is a discussion on Will you let them take them? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mlr1m See, they don't actually go door to door searching for firearms like some of those tin foil hat paranoid types try ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Will you let them take them?

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    See, they don't actually go door to door searching for firearms like some of those tin foil hat paranoid types try to claim is going to happen. Think of it as more of a voluntary system similar to the way our voluntary tax system presently works. The government does not go to your door in the middle of the night and force ably collect your owed taxes. You voluntarily hand it over to them, much the same way the guns will be turned over.

See all of this hand wringing is totally unnecessary. It will be peaceful and totally voluntary, just like income taxes.
    I hope we all feel better now.

Michael
    /sarc

Yep. that's just how it worked at Waco.

/sarc off
    beararms and Tzadik like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    When I have heard this question before, I have often wondered who would be the "collectors". LEO? Military? Our fathers, brothers, son and daughters? I don't see it.
    If I were the evil type that wanted the general public disarmed...I would use the U.N. Blue Helmets. This is why any "deal" Hillary is making with the U.N. gives me concern. Just saying.
    If the situation was bad enough and resources were in short supply. I can imagine there would be enough who would obey the orders if that meant they could feed their families and supply them with their other needs.
    ericb327 and beararms like this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    As a law abiding citizen, I will abide by the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The government does not go to your door in the middle of the night and force ably collect your owed taxes. You voluntarily hand it over to them, much the same way the guns will be turned over.

See all of this hand wringing is totally unnecessary. It will be peaceful and totally voluntary, just like income taxes.
    I hope we all feel better now.

Michael
    In case you are being serious, if you don't pay your taxes, they DO come for you with an ARREST warrant sometimes. Think it doesn't happen, ask Wesley Snipes, who went to prison for tax evasion.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    I tried to, and obviously failed very badly, to respond above (the above post to this post - is that redundant?). ROGER! Got it. Thanks.
    Total all out bans of firearms are #1 unconstitutional and #2 a violation of some states (and an ever growing number each session) laws. So why do you presume that this thread is a violation of rule #10. A citizen has the right and a duty to resist illegal activity from the government especially when it is blatant and outright illegal. You people need to man up and grow a pair. Who is running this country us or the people we elect into office?
    beararms and Crowbait like this.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'll give you a hint, it's no longer 'us'.

I don't think the people of this country would let it happen; thus, it probably won't. Still, it is a scary prospect that if the guns were gone, only the BGs and authorities would have them...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

That's like who knows who's putting all the votes on the TV screen. Just like the republican run off going on now. Who for sure knowns that Romney is getting all the votes they say he's getting over the others republicans running also. Its just numbers put on the screen for us to see. I think it's decided higher up ladder then us. About like everything else we have no control over.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    How about we avoid this by getting people elected who treasure our Rights and Freedoms (like the second) as much as we do. Time to fight stupid with voting power.
    I have seen this posed on other sites. All I can say is that my ancestors gave me this Country with my Freedoms and Rights...I plan to hand it off to my grandchildren the same.
    Yep. Voting power that is nothing but a term for "Panem et Circenses".
    beararms likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I hear you but what is said and done are two different things

beararms likes this.

I hadn't ever watched that video before. Pretty scary. I'm not completely sure how I would react to that. I know my guns would be taken, but I don't know. I might make them take my life or at least beat me down.
    The reward for work well done is more work.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Guns? No, I'm sorry, I used to have some guns, but they were lost in a Tragic Boating Accident.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Thank GOD for the Oathkeeper Organization.

I would love to know the numbers of their membership.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    While I agree we must be vigilant to protect our rights, these "Chicken Little, The Sky Is Falling" threads seem a little over the top. Torture to take my guns away? In the last six years, gun rights in my state (Ohio) have increased twofold, if not more.

About six years ago, Ohio passed our CCW law, which has in fact been loosened lately, not tightened up. Doesn't seem like they are clamoring to take anything away. Keep a watchful eye, certainly. Paranoia and hysteria? No.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

That's a scary video...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links