Will you let them take them?

This is a discussion on Will you let them take them? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mlr1m The government does not go to your door in the middle of the night and force ably collect your owed taxes. ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Will you let them take them?

Originally Posted by mlr1m
    The government does not go to your door in the middle of the night and force ably collect your owed taxes. You voluntarily hand it over to them, much the same way the guns will be turned over.

See all of this hand wringing is totally unnecessary. It will be peaceful and totally voluntary, just like income taxes.
    I hope we all feel better now.

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    In case you are being serious, if you don't pay your taxes, they DO come for you with an ARREST warrant sometimes. Think it doesn't happen, ask Wesley Snipes, who went to prison for tax evasion.
    Actually its worse than you think. They will hunt you down and kill you over taxes if they decide it is in their interest. Just ask Gordon Kahl. Opps forgot they killed him.
    The point is the government still calls it a voluntary system. It will work the same with guns. Its completely voluntary so long as you comply.

Michael
    beararms likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    While I agree we must be vigilant to protect our rights, these "Chicken Little, The Sky Is Falling" threads seem a little over the top. Torture to take my guns away? In the last six years, gun rights in my state (Ohio) have increased twofold, if not more.

About six years ago, Ohio passed our CCW law, which has in fact been loosened lately, not tightened up. Doesn't seem like they are clamoring to take anything away. Keep a watchful eye, certainly. Paranoia and hysteria? No.
    Has gun rights really increased. Or, did the same State that took your rights away just decide to give some of them back? Huge difference. Kind of like a mugger taking ten dollars away from you but feeling sorry for you and giving half of it back. Then claiming that he gave you five dollars.

Michael
    beararms and Badey like this.

This is a ridiculous thread.... This is a pro gun forum. what do you think everyone will say? I love how people just like to "stir the pot"

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I hear you but what is said and done are two different things
    So wrong on so many levels. With all the chaos going on, to disarm the citizenry was just leaving them prey to the criminals.

And to not even give receipts, and in some cases, destroying the firearms???

If that's how they treat citizens when they have guns, imagine how they'll treat us once we are disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by swelly61 View Post
    This is a ridiculous thread.... This is a pro gun forum. what do you think everyone will say? I love how people just like to "stir the pot"

No silly is mentioning a Glock on a thread discussing fine firearms. AKA 1911's.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by swelly61 View Post
    Not trying to stir anything but folks' opinions on the possibility of our guns being taken.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

But paying taxes is voluntary! You "volunteer" by participating in commerce and earning an income or owning property.
    If you have no income you owe no income taxes. If you own no property you owe no property taxes. If you don't purchase any goods you pay no sales taxes.
    The kind and amount of taxes we owe is up to each of us.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    But paying taxes is voluntary! You "volunteer" by participating in commerce and earning an income or owning property.
    If you have no income you owe no income taxes. If you own no property you owe no property taxes. If you don't purchase any goods you pay no sales taxes.
    The kind and amount of taxes we owe is up to each of us.
    But owning a gun is voluntary. If you don't own one, they can't come take it.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    But owning a gun is voluntary. If you don't own one, they can't come take it.
    By that logic, so is speaking. If you don't speak, they can't come shut you up.

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    By that logic, so is speaking. If you don't speak, they can't come shut you up.
    And don't forget, to exercise your right to remain silent you have to tell them that's what you are doing.

I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States Of America,To obey all lawful orders from my Superiors,to protect her from all ENEMIES Foreign or Domestic.I have not rescinded that oath,IMHO to disarm the American People goes against everything this great nation was built upon,I hope I never get forced to make that decision
    beararms and jace33 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The people who keep saying it will never happen, we are just being paranoid, are either ignorant or brainwashed.

"It will never happen here" is what they said is England, and then Australia. Sure, they won't outlaw guns tommorow. And they won't outlaw all guns at the same time. If we let them, it will go piece by piece. Registration, then reasonable restrictions, then tight restrictions "for our own good" and tightening restrictions until they are all gone. Yeah, we have the 2A, but we have seen what some of our politicians and Judges think about that old document that really doesn't mean what it says if you are smart enough like they are to truly understand it.

Is it likely to happen any time soon? No, but it doesn't hurt to talk about it and discuss how to prevent it. There are very rich organized groups of people in power that have made it very clear that they desire to take away all of our guns. If we do nothing, they will eventually achieve that goal.
    mano3, beararms and DC like this.
    Walk softly ...

And where in the constitutions of Australia and Great Britain is their equivalent to our second amendment? When (and how many times) did their highest courts affirm their individual rights to possess firearms?

As far as the judges and politicians here, we voted them into office, we can vote them out too. The judges previously had the freedom to interpret the second amendment as they saw fit. Now that SCOTUS has said that it is an individual right every judge in this country is required to apply that interpretation whether they like it or not. And any laws restricting weapons will be judged based on that interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States Of America,To obey all lawful orders from my Superiors,to protect her from all ENEMIES Foreign or Domestic.I have not rescinded that oath,IMHO to disarm the American People goes against everything this great nation was built upon,I hope I never get forced to make that decision
    Our politicians take an Oath saying the same thing regarding protecting the Constitution. They claim that because we have a Supreme Court to decide Constitutional issue they no longer have to worry that responsibility.

Michael

Here's hoping that none of us are stupid enough to try to resist a gun grab by a government backed police or military force showing up at our door. We all know the end result of that and that will only take another patriot out of the fight. What we need to do is get off our butts and make sure the proper candidates are elected to office.
    mcp1810, Spirit51 and mano3 like this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links