Will you let them take them? - Page 5

Will you let them take them?

This is a discussion on Will you let them take them? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mano3 With all the talk of possible riots and different ways the government might try to take our guns, the big discussion ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Will you let them take them?

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    With all the talk of possible riots and different ways the government might try to take our guns, the big discussion at work has been, 'Would you give up your guns when the official knock comes at the door?'

I'm talking about a real deal total ban - do you fight, give-up or hide?

Or, do you think there'd be another American Revolution when we saw the 'writing on the wall'?
    If there was no revolution, I think I'd either hide or fight...
    Are you kidding me? Time for revolution is over. Too many willing to succumb and already have. "Real deal"? What is dat? We're history like it was already written now. Think more about what should have happened yesterday when you wouldn't support it. Think less of today since it's no longer under our control. Think about what you might have done if you weren't in fear of our government coming down on you. Now is too late for all of that even if there is a slight sense of hope. Hope don't change things...action does. If you missed out on all of the above...see a doctor and get a prescription for your depression and feel happy. Hide? I don't know you if anyone asks.

But sir, I gave up guns the same time I gave up meat, sex and alcohol.

Nearly half of Americans households receive some sort of aid from the government. Would they give that up by rebelling from those giving it to them? Or, would they trade in their guns for the comfort of that aid?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by LAFLA View Post
    Here's hoping that none of us are stupid enough to try to resist a gun grab by a government backed police or military force showing up at our door. We all know the end result of that and that will only take another patriot out of the fight. What we need to do is get off our butts and make sure the proper candidates are elected to office.
    I am not advocating resistance (obligatory disclaimer), but if it is to the point that guns are banned, what is it going to matter if we have some live patriots who do nothing and watch their property and rights being taken away?
    beararms likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    A sobering video
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Gee,I used to have some but then I had this terrible boating accident.
    I'm really sorry for crashing into your boat while on my way to my favorite fishing spot; I too lost all my weapons in that accident. Maybe we can have a beer and talk about it! I did get the GPS coordinates before both boats went down, if you need them.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    And where in the constitutions of Australia and Great Britain is their equivalent to our second amendment? When (and how many times) did their highest courts affirm their individual rights to possess firearms?

As far as the judges and politicians here, we voted them into office, we can vote them out too. The judges previously had the freedom to interpret the second amendment as they saw fit. Now that SCOTUS has said that it is an individual right every judge in this country is required to apply that interpretation whether they like it or not. And any laws restricting weapons will be judged based on that interpretation.
    English common law protected the right to arms, and the English Bill of Rights was intended to do the same, but big surprise, the politicians and judges "interpreted" those rights away. Granted, their BOR was not worded as strongly as ours, but look at all the restrictions we have now. How do they fit in under "shall not be infringed"?

You are right, Australia did not have protection of arms built into their constitution, but their example shows how politicians will not let any crisis go to waste in exploiting death and suffering to promote a political agenda. Their federal government had no power at all to regulate firearms until 1996 after a mass shooting that initiated a new push for gun control.

Firearms represent and bestow power. Those who want more power will continue to try to take yours away. Bottom line. They will not let any document keep them from this goal. It would be best if we just didn't elect these people, but sadly a large number of voters are uninformed or ignorant. Therefore, it is not unreasonable to discuss the possibility of the government moving towards a ban of firearms. Besides, most of us are on here because we think about the "what if" sittuations. This is a very big "if" but justified by the potential impact it would bring.
    mano3 and beararms like this.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    This is not illegal to state nor against the forum rules...

I say loudly: Molon Labe
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

"Guns, officers? Why, I divested myself of such hateful tools years ago! No, I do not recall to whom they were sold, but I assure you I used the funds to support anti-gun legislation!"

Never give up, never surrender, never back down. Like my grandfather always said: fight for what you think is right or you have already lost.
    PFC (Prepared For Chaos) Live by it, or die when it happens. I'm ready, are you?
    "I have not yet begun to fight" - John Paul Jones 1747*1792- United States Naval Academy 1845-1995

Quote Originally Posted by hrufrdr1 View Post
    "Guns, officers? Why, I divested myself of such hateful tools years ago! No, I do not recall to whom they were sold, but I assure you I used the funds to support anti-gun legislation!"
    Aside from being able to say that you pulled one over on the Man what good would this do you? Would you not have still lost the freedom to use them?

Michael

Think of it this way...do you really think officers would go door to door? Especially to there loved ones houses to claim guns? Do you think the National Guard would forsake its state and go door to door demanding your guns? Not saying it will ever happen but I highly doubt it will happen, I assure you 99% of them military you do nothing and 99% of leo would do nothing. Then you get the 1% who are tools to the gov... Lol like they would succeed.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    Think of it this way...do you really think officers would go door to door? Especially to there loved ones houses to claim guns? Do you think the National Guard would forsake its state and go door to door demanding your guns? Not saying it will ever happen but I highly doubt it will happen, I assure you 99% of them military you do nothing and 99% of leo would do nothing. Then you get the 1% who are tools to the gov... Lol like they would succeed.
    Thus my fear of what "deals" Hillary is cooking up at the U.N.. Our fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, bothers, sisters or others may not....but I bet a foreign "Blue Helmet" would have no such problem.
    beararms likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I guess my sarcasm didn't come through in written form...

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Thus my fear of what "deals" Hillary is cooking up at the U.N.. Our fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, aunts, uncles, bothers, sisters or others may not....but I bet a foreign "Blue Helmet" would have no such problem.
    Lol true, UN is a fat joke though. Armed American citizens would prevail.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links