Defensive Carry banner

NAACP defends lawbreakers, wants self defense laws changed

2K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  phreddy 
#1 ·
Officers, public discuss recent spate of shootings | GoUpstate.com

I don't think ths was Sheriff Wright's best performance. I give him kudos for showing up, but we cannot give up any ground in this fight.

The NAACP wants to ignore the similar thread in each of the three cases. They all started with someone breaking the law.

#5 ·
Wasn't too good for anybody.

That whole article is so poorly written it's hard to follow. Maybe I need more coffee this AM.
Yeah- it's a pretty terrible article. But, what I could gather; the people shot were maybe brothers- and the guy who shot them was a convicted felon. The felon wasn't charged, but he had a gun.

Why wasn't the felon, who shot people NOT in SD, charged for two homicides AND possession of a firearm by a felon? (Based on the article) The shooter witnessed the two breaking into his apartment, and then proceeded to shoot them both in the head.

Sorry, but I see quite a few reasons to charge him- felon with a gun, NOT in his home while it was being broken into. Castle Doctrine doesn't cover that.

#7 ·
Wasn't too good for anybody.

Yeah- it's a pretty terrible article. But, what I could gather; the people shot were maybe brothers- and the guy who shot them was a convicted felon. The felon wasn't charged, but he had a gun.

Why wasn't the felon, who shot people NOT in SD, charged for two homicides AND possession of a firearm by a felon? (Based on the article) The shooter witnessed the two breaking into his apartment, and then proceeded to shoot them both in the head.

Sorry, but I see quite a few reasons to charge him- felon with a gun, NOT in his home while it was being broken into. Castle Doctrine doesn't cover that.
I was wondering the same thing. :blink:

#8 ·
Let me get this straight.....two burglars are shot and killed...and it is the homeowner's fault.....an armed robber is shot and killed.....and it is the CCW and the gun at fault....and a person "squatting" in a home is shot....and it is the owner's fault. Hmmm...

I will be the first to say that persons not trained in dynamic entry or building clearing should never enter a building where they think a person is lurking. It is dangerous enough for several trained police to clear a building safely, let alone an untrained homeowner.

That said, if you are in a place you have the right to be, carrying a weapon you have the right to carry, and you have to use deadly force to defend yourself or another, well, as I have heard it so eloquently said, "Sucks to be you if you are the Bad Guy committing the crime."

I just wish the Police Chiefs had the intestinal fortitude to tell the people, "Maybe you should stop excusing your child's/family members criminal behavior by saying he 'made a bad decision' or some other such pile of horse hockey and put the blame where it belongs! If they had not been robbing or burglarizing that day or night, they would be alive today!!!"

Yeah, THAT'S not gonna happen......

#9 ·
There were three different incidences mentioned in the artilce.

One: two masked men enter a waffle house, one armed. Tells people to get on the ground or he will kill them. CWP holder shoots armed BG
Two: A couple go check on an empty house they are selling due to Real estate agent telling them they think someone is in it. When they try to open the door, tresspasser answers it, grabs at owners, owner shoots.
Three: man(felon) and his girlfried come back to her apartment and see two guys trying to break in. He grabs her gun from the glove compartment, confronts bg's and shoots them.

I do have some questions about stories two and three, but I trust our sheriff. The first story is cut and dried. This is the story that the news article seemed to spend the most time on.

I listed the incidents in chronological order. In the story they are reported Three, One, Two.

#12 ·
I'm sorry, but I didn't see where any actual elves needed defending. ;-p
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

On topic...don't rob, don't squat, don't break in...death rate drops considerably.
What a coincidence!

I wish a much larger portion of our society were able to define the phrase "personal responsibility."

#14 ·
So, let me see if I've got this straight...

If my kid robs a Waffle House at gunpoint and he shoots you, then....

"He's a good kid who just got mixed up with the wrong crowd, but was trying to straighten his life out."

"He never meant to shoot anybody. He just got scared."

And if you are lucky enough to get off the first shot, then....

"You took my boy away from me."

"He never meant to shoot anybody."

"You never said 'stop' or anything, you just gunned him down."

OK. I think I've got it now.

#25 ·
God forbid I'm never in an armed confrontation, but especially if the assailant is black... The NAACP and the media will villify you, just like George Zimmerman... I feel like this country is going to crap.

Reactions: Armey
#30 ·
It is the same mentality that existed on the Bo Morrison case in which his family called for the prosecution of the homeowner even though there was evidence that Bo Morrison was an aggressor. The majority of these people are looking for ways to avoid the blame on themselves and instead want to after the gun.

#32 ·
I like sheriff Wright. Wish there were more sheriff's like him. I remember when the news came out about the two holding up the Waffle House and the concealed carry holder trying to stop it and shooting one of them. Now they are going to go back and revisit that and possibly charge him because "daddy says his boy didn't do that". Wah! His boy shouldn't have been in the commission of a crime when it happened.

As for the first story about the guy the shot the two others in the head... what was a convicted felon doing with a gun in the first place? Sheriff Wright said he couldn't charge him. Well he can charge him with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. I think he slipped here.

It took some guts for him to show up and put up with their finger pointing and accusations.

#37 ·
Now they are going to go back and revisit that and possibly charge him because "daddy says his boy didn't do that". Wah! His boy shouldn't have been in the commission of a crime when it happened.
In NC, they have started a program over reviewing and possibly reversing death penalty convicitions if it can be shown that race was a factor in the original trial. Granted, it goes from death sentance to life without parole, but both of these are examples of a trend with a seriously slipperly slope that leads to nowhere good. Society can not afford to start excusing criminal behavior based upon race, or other such factors.

#36 ·
There are way too many Americans who think that shooting a violent criminal is unacceptable. I blame this on generational brainwashing throught the media and progressive political ideology. A disturbing trend that needs to be reversed before it takes over our laws and legal system.

Reactions: wmhawth
#38 ·
The NAACP is a special interest lobbying organization, just like the NRA, the Brady Bunch, MADD, and a host of others. The NRA looks out for gun owners, while the others do what they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.