not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the

This is a discussion on not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Watching that really spiked my blood-pressure. I've experienced first-hand what it's like being singled-out and taking heat from state and federal officials. I've heard folks ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the

VIP Member
    Watching that really spiked my blood-pressure. I've experienced first-hand what it's like being singled-out and taking heat from state and federal officials.

I've heard folks say that "you don't have to worry about a corrupt big government, its laws are still enforced by folks like you and me who would never bear down on their fellow citizens".

Bull hockey. Employees who want to keep their jobs will do what they're told to do. And they'll generally do anything that they're told to do.

Ted can afford the legal representation to protect himself. Most of us cannot. We talk about what we'll do, the day when 'the man' comes knocking down your door. Well that day is today - they just might not have come to your door yet.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I'm optimistic about getting "the punks" out of office. I am at a loss of what to do about the punks who voted them in.
    Yea...that is the Scary part...??? He still has a fairly loyal following, that's the part I don't get.
    I understand being "fooled" once, but I don't understand hanging on to get more of the same???
    Bark'n, Spirit51, RichB70 and 1 others like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh yes...poor poor Ted.

I have NO respect for this jerk. His loud mouthed thoughtless remarks seem to be the message 'wing nuts' want to hear. His violent suggestive remarks both recently and in the past are NOT the way to get things done. He is a fool and spews hatred. You don't like the current leaders? Fine, then vote for someone else.

What's to like about Ted? Even the military cancelled his up coming concert at Fort Knox due to recent comments. Romney is wisely distancing himself from this nut job. He openly admitted avoiding the draft during Vietnam and said if they put a rifle in his hands the first person he would shoot was LBJ.He's a real patriot isn't he? He has gone on to suggest shooting other political leaders in the past as well not just Obama.

A sportsman and a great hunter? FAIL. He's a hypocrite.

On the video he cries how they are picking on him for shooting a buck on his show 'Spirit of the Wild'. He didn't do anything wrong did he? The other side of the story that he doesn't tell is... California Fish and Game wardens who watched the broadcast noticed that it showed Nugent killing a very young buck which had been attracted by commercial bait. Both the killing of such a young deer and the use of bait are crimes under California state law. On August 13, 2010, he pled no contest in Yuba County to two misdemeanors: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill. He was fined USD $1,750 by the court and is banned from hunting in California until June 2012. In April 2012 Nugent signed a plea bargaining agreement to plead guilty to two misdemeanors for illegally taking a bear after shooting one earlier at a bait station. He will be fined $10,000, banned from hunting in Alaska and on Federal land for one year and must complete two years on federal probation.

WHAT....HE PLEAD GUILTY??? He didn't say that on the video did he?

How about 'canned hunts'? A real sportsman he is. Nugent has said, "I understand the criticism from those who say canned hunting violates the ethic of fair chase," though he still operates the facility, and refers to it as "high fence hunting". Nugent was interviewed in October 2011 by Field & Stream magazine regarding "canned" hunts. At Sunrize Acres he personally guides customers on a hunt for trophy bull bison ($5,000), Russian boar, or white-tailed deer ($1,000 each).

Under age marriage? Not a problem for Ted... In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".

"What goes around comes around" and Ted is no exception. He talks high and mighty and thinks he is above the law and cries like a child when he gets caught.

I have NO respect for this loud mouth hypocrite.
    Sig 210, 21bubba and Hopyard like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post

"What goes around comes around" and Ted is no exception. ...
    You don't like Ted. I don't blame you - there's plenty not to like. I'm not a Ted fan either. Heck, there's plenty to not like about me either for that matter.

The point is, how will you feel about it when it is you that is under the microscope? How well will you hold up when you find out that you've broken a law that you were not aware of? Don't think it is a realistic possibility? There's enough obscure environmental law out there to bust every property owner in the United States.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Oh yes...poor poor Ted.

I have NO respect for this jerk. His loud mouthed thoughtless remarks seem to be the message 'wing nuts' want to hear. His violent suggestive remarks both recently and in the past are NOT the way to get things done. He is a fool and spews hatred. You don't like the current leaders? Fine, then vote for someone else.

What's to like about Ted? Even the military cancelled his up coming concert at Fort Knox due to recent comments. Romney is wisely distancing himself from this nut job. He openly admitted avoiding the draft during Vietnam and said if they put a rifle in his hands the first person he would shoot was LBJ.He's a real patriot isn't he? He has gone on to suggest shooting other political leaders in the past as well not just Obama.

A sportsman and a great hunter? FAIL. He's a hypocrite.

On the video he cries how they are picking on him for shooting a buck on his show 'Spirit of the Wild'. He didn't do anything wrong did he? The other side of the story that he doesn't tell is... California Fish and Game wardens who watched the broadcast noticed that it showed Nugent killing a very young buck which had been attracted by commercial bait. Both the killing of such a young deer and the use of bait are crimes under California state law. On August 13, 2010, he pled no contest in Yuba County to two misdemeanors: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill. He was fined USD $1,750 by the court and is banned from hunting in California until June 2012. In April 2012 Nugent signed a plea bargaining agreement to plead guilty to two misdemeanors for illegally taking a bear after shooting one earlier at a bait station. He will be fined $10,000, banned from hunting in Alaska and on Federal land for one year and must complete two years on federal probation.

WHAT....HE PLEAD GUILTY??? He didn't say that on the video did he?

How about 'canned hunts'? A real sportsman he is. Nugent has said, "I understand the criticism from those who say canned hunting violates the ethic of fair chase," though he still operates the facility, and refers to it as "high fence hunting". Nugent was interviewed in October 2011 by Field & Stream magazine regarding "canned" hunts. At Sunrize Acres he personally guides customers on a hunt for trophy bull bison ($5,000), Russian boar, or white-tailed deer ($1,000 each).

Under age marriage? Not a problem for Ted... In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".

"What goes around comes around" and Ted is no exception. He talks high and mighty and thinks he is above the law and cries like a child when he gets caught.

I have NO respect for this loud mouth hypocrite.
    "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".

At least he is speaking out. That's more than most are doing.
    Does he have a checkered past? Of course he does, as do most of us, in one way or another.
    If every gun owner, NRA member, GOA member spoke out the way he does, we would have zero gun control, and would be facing none in the forseeable future.
    Just my $.02

Now I'm out of here before I end up getting more points, and posts deleted, and threads pulled.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You don't like Ted. I don't blame you - there's plenty not to like. I'm not a Ted fan either. Heck, there's plenty to not like about me either for that matter.

The point is, how will you feel about it when it is you that is under the microscope? How well will you hold up when you find out that you've broken a law that you were not aware of? Don't think it is a realistic possibility? There's enough obscure environmental law out there to bust every property owner in the United States.
    Under the microscope? I think not. He puts it out on national TV himself!

If I've broken a law I was not aware of I would then know it's wrong and not do it again. Ted doesn't seem to get that concept. For example... baiting animals is illegal. He ignores the law and does it anyway. Not once but over and over again and then,when he gets caught, makes a scene about it on radio or TV crying he is being picked on and blames Obama. Any good sportsman/hunter knows the laws of proper tagging when you shoot a deer. Ted got caught not tagging the deer properly and again,according to him, he didn't do anything wrong. Oh...poor poor Ted. Obama is picking on him.
    Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.

DC
    IMO, the subject matter in this video isn't about what Ted has done wrong in his past (oh yeah, we're all perfect aren't we)...it's about the illegal Government.

I'm glad to see so many "awake" people here posting their concerns...it's about banding together and speaking out against this corruption.

VIP Member
    Under the microscope? I think not. He puts it out on national TV himself!

If I've broken a law I was not aware of I would then know it's wrong and not do it again. Ted doesn't seem to get that concept. For example... baiting animals is illegal. He ignores the law and does it anyway. Not once but over and over again and then,when he gets caught, makes a scene about it on radio or TV crying he is being picked on and blames Obama. Any good sportsman/hunter knows the laws of proper tagging when you shoot a deer. Ted got caught not tagging the deer properly and again,according to him, he didn't do anything wrong. Oh...poor poor Ted. Obama is picking on him.
    Not a Ted fan, but have to disagree with you on that. Whether it is legal to bait varies from state to state, as well as with different species. Jst as hunting deer with dogs is legal in some states, and not in others.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Not a Ted fan, but have to disagree with you on that. Whether it is legal to bait varies from state to state, as well as with different species. Jst as hunting deer with dogs is legal in some states, and not in others.

Interesting that YOU know that the laws vary from state to state but Ted, the great sportsman that he is, who has his own his own hunting show, does not know to check this silly little detail.

As you point out these hunting laws do vary and are controlled from state to state. These laws are NOT controlled by federal government. However, who does he blame? Obama. Did he lay any blame or even mention Sarah Palin? After all, she was governor of Alaska at the time of the incident. This makes her a direct connection to the corruption in government he so vehemently hates and points out in this video.
    Hopyard likes this.

Interesting that YOU know that the laws vary from state to state but Ted, the great sportsman that he is, who has his own his own hunting show, does not know to check this silly little detail.

As you point out these hunting laws do vary and are controlled from state to state. These laws are NOT controlled by federal government. However, who does he blame? Obama. Did he lay any blame or even mention Sarah Palin? After all, she was governor of Alaska at the time of the incident. This makes her a direct connection to the corruption in government he so vehemently hates and points out in this video.
    I can tell by your unreasonable hate of the man...you didn't really listen to it. He said that even the Judge didn't know about that obscure "law" in that one little part of that area. Neither did the area's guides. The Feds are the ones pursing him. As for the California problem...he was hunting in a area with natural apple and acorns on the ground. He didn't "bait" it, nature did. If it had been some other citizen (one you liked) maybe you would have listened better and got all the actual facts. Instead you went on a envious and hate filled rant about his past. Maybe you should listen to it again and instead of thinking about Ted....think Jon Stewart, Bill Mahr or other liberal.
    NY27, Stubborn, tkruf and 1 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

:beer:
    I'm going to watch and enjoy!
    Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I can tell by your unreasonable hate of the man...you didn't really listen to it. He said that even the Judge didn't know about that obscure "law" in that one little part of that area. Neither did the area's guides. The Feds are the ones pursing him. As for the California problem...he was hunting in a area with natural apple and acorns on the ground. He didn't "bait" it, nature did. If it had been some other citizen (one you liked) maybe you would have listened better and got all the actual facts. Instead you went on a envious and hate filled rant about his past. Maybe you should listen to it again and instead of thinking about Ted....think Jon Stewart, Bill Mahr or other liberal.
    If Ted said it...it must be true. Is that it? The video is your source of information? BTW... This has nothing to do with being a Liberal or Conservative. It's about Ted being a liar and a poor sportsman.

The real truth is...

The deer was killed in El Dorado County toward the end of deer hunting season last fall but brought to Yuba County. Two co-defendants, Mitchell Neil Moore and Ross Albert Patterson, live in Yuba County.

Moore was a photographer on the Outdoor Channel show. Patterson, who pleaded no contest to taking an animal with bait, actively spread bait called "C'mere Deer." His family owns the El Dorado County property where the hunt took place.

Two deer were killed after being baited. This comes from Deputy District Attorney John Vacek. Judge James F. Dawson ordered all three men to pay the fines by Oct. 1

Sorry Spirit51 it wasn't nature after all... but nice try.

Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse

by Ted Nugent

Not a day goes by where an American outdoorsman doesn't confide in me that due to the increasingly complex, illogical hunting and fishing regulations across the nation, that it would not surprise them that they have unintentionally violated a game law at some point in time. Other outdoorsmen routinely express their frustration about regulations that serve no purpose and cannot possibly be explained in terms of wildlife management.

America is increasingly drowning in just such strange, goofy regulations and requirements. As logic crusader John Stossel recently exposed, our federal government releases roughly 80,000 pages of new regulations each year—confusing, ambiguous, weird illogical regulations that serve no meaningful purpose other than to feebly attempt to justify bureaucracies already off the rails. It's way past bizarre.

The "you don't need to read it, you just need to sign it" health care bill argued before the Supreme Court was almost 2,000 pages long of extraordinarily complex rules and regulations. Sarcastically, Supreme Court Justice Scalia stated that reading the bill was a violation of the 8th Amendment’s cruel and unusual punishment clause.

Regrettably, state hunting regulations have also been ravaged by the over-regulation beast. In Alaska, the hunting regulation book is 128 pages long. The Alaska trapping regulation is 48 pages.

Alaska is not alone. Numerous other states have seen incredible expansion of their hunting regulations over the past few decades. In Texas, the summary of hunting and fishing regulations is 85 pages. The hunting regulations in California are roughly 140 pages long.

Even with an increasing mountain of often confusing and complex hunting and fishing regulations to abide by, sportsmen have a legal and ethical obligation to know and abide by these regulations, no matter how goofy they may be. I have said this for decades and will continue to do so as we fight to make them sensible.

I have hunted in Alaska for almost 40 years. It is a spectacular, beautiful place that offers incredible big and small game hunting cherished by sporters from around the globe.

In 2009, I returned again with my sons to Alaska to hunt black bear. What I was unaware of is that the specific region where I hunted had a new and unprecedented requirement that a bear hunting tag was considered to be "filled" even with a non-lethal hit on the animal. For sixty years, every "tag" regulation in every state and Canadian province has declared that you tag the animal upon taking possession of the animal.

The first arrow I shot on that hunt was obviously a non-lethal shot where the arrow literally glanced off the animal's rib, as seen clearly on stop action video. The bear leapt, stopped, looked around, and slowly ambled off, confused but unhurt by the disruption. After diligent effort by my son and me, we were convinced that this bear was alive and well. We then continued our hunt and ultimately killed a beautiful black bear.

I filmed the entire hunt including the first non-lethal arrow and put it on my television program Spirit of the Wild on Outdoor Channel for tens of millions of viewers to witness. Airing the hunt on television proves beyond all doubt that I had no willful intention to violate any hunting regulation.

Was I negligent in not knowing the Alaska bear hunting rule for the specific region I hunted that year? Absolutely. For my negligence, I have been charged with a violation and I pled guilty. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only person ever charged with violating this new, unheard of law. Lifetime AK hunters, guides, outfitters, even the resident judge at my hearing were unaware of such an unprecedented regulation.

While I disagree with Alaska’s requirement that a tag is considered to be "filled" even on a non-lethal hit, that was the requirement at the time of my hunt. Had I known of that requirement, I would not have hunted that region because I fundamentally disagree with it, and I certainly would not have hunted another bear.

I have promoted the grand, honorable hunting lifestyle all of my life and will continue to do so. Hunting, fishing and trapping are the epitome of true conservation.

What I also pledge to American outdoorsmen is to work to repeal onerous, unscientific, counterproductive rules and regulations that make no sense such as the seven states where hunting is banned on Sunday, making 50% of the season illegal for the average hunting families in those states. Idiotic laws such as these are a hindrance to real conservation and the critical need for recruiting new hunters. Such arbitrary laws serve no scientific purpose that benefits the management of wildlife value whatsoever.

The outdoor lifestyle cannot be preserved for future generations of sportsmen by constructing such a labyrinth of confusing, unscientific and oftentimes counterproductive regulations and rules. Reversing this trend is my focus.

While I have never intentionally violated a hunting regulation, ignorance of the law is no excuse, and I am truly sorry, and have paid dearly. There is even less of an excuse for ignorant laws.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

If Ted said it...it must be true. Is that it? The video is your source of information? BTW... This has nothing to do with being a Liberal or Conservative. It's about Ted being a liar and a poor sportsman.

The real truth is...

The deer was killed in El Dorado County toward the end of deer hunting season last fall but brought to Yuba County. Two co-defendants, Mitchell Neil Moore and Ross Albert Patterson, live in Yuba County.

Moore was a photographer on the Outdoor Channel show. Patterson, who pleaded no contest to taking an animal with bait, actively spread bait called "C'mere Deer." His family owns the El Dorado County property where the hunt took place.

Two deer were killed after being baited. This comes from Deputy District Attorney John Vacek. Judge James F. Dawson ordered all three men to pay the fines by Oct. 1

Sorry Spirit51 it wasn't nature after all... but nice try.

So Wikipedia is your source? I read the entire thing and it does NOT paint him to be the huge monster you want to see. Here it is for anyone who wants to see it. Ted Nugent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just posted his article....from the "horse's mouth". I still respect him for being a musician, a sportsman, and a conservative pro gun activist.
    tkruf likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Whether Pro or Con for any idealogy, an extremist is still an extremist, and will attract attention as such.
    Spirit51 and tkruf like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links