not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the - Page 3

not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the

This is a discussion on not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet Whether Pro or Con for any ideology, an extremist is still an extremist, and will attract attention as such. Wise and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: not good for Ted on YouTube, The U S A is going down the

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Whether Pro or Con for any ideology, an extremist is still an extremist, and will attract attention as such.
    Wise and very true words. I am sure Nugent would agree, but he put a "target" on his back standing up for ideals that many of us here share.
    DontTreadOnI and ccman like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    So Wikipedia is your source? I read the entire thing and it does NOT paint him to be the huge monster you want to see. Here it is for anyone who wants to see it. Ted Nugent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just posted his article....from the "horse's mouth". I still respect him for being a musician, a sportsman, and a conservative pro gun activist.
    Wrong again.

My source for the post you refer to is taken from 'Outdoor Life'.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/new...lack-bear-alas
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse

by Ted Nugent

Not a day goes by where an American outdoorsman doesn't confide in me that due to the increasingly complex, illogical hunting and fishing regulations across the nation, that it would not surprise them that they have unintentionally violated a game law at some point in time. Other outdoorsmen routinely express their frustration about regulations that serve no purpose and cannot possibly be explained in terms of wildlife management.

America is increasingly drowning in just such strange, goofy regulations and requirements. As logic crusader John Stossel recently exposed, our federal government releases roughly 80,000 pages of new regulations each year—confusing, ambiguous, weird illogical regulations that serve no meaningful purpose other than to feebly attempt to justify bureaucracies already off the rails. It's way past bizarre.

The "you don't need to read it, you just need to sign it" health care bill argued before the Supreme Court was almost 2,000 pages long of extraordinarily complex rules and regulations. Sarcastically, Supreme Court Justice Scalia stated that reading the bill was a violation of the 8th Amendment’s cruel and unusual punishment clause.

Regrettably, state hunting regulations have also been ravaged by the over-regulation beast. In Alaska, the hunting regulation book is 128 pages long. The Alaska trapping regulation is 48 pages.

Alaska is not alone. Numerous other states have seen incredible expansion of their hunting regulations over the past few decades. In Texas, the summary of hunting and fishing regulations is 85 pages. The hunting regulations in California are roughly 140 pages long.

Even with an increasing mountain of often confusing and complex hunting and fishing regulations to abide by, sportsmen have a legal and ethical obligation to know and abide by these regulations, no matter how goofy they may be. I have said this for decades and will continue to do so as we fight to make them sensible.

I have hunted in Alaska for almost 40 years. It is a spectacular, beautiful place that offers incredible big and small game hunting cherished by sporters from around the globe.

In 2009, I returned again with my sons to Alaska to hunt black bear. What I was unaware of is that the specific region where I hunted had a new and unprecedented requirement that a bear hunting tag was considered to be "filled" even with a non-lethal hit on the animal. For sixty years, every "tag" regulation in every state and Canadian province has declared that you tag the animal upon taking possession of the animal.

The first arrow I shot on that hunt was obviously a non-lethal shot where the arrow literally glanced off the animal's rib, as seen clearly on stop action video. The bear leapt, stopped, looked around, and slowly ambled off, confused but unhurt by the disruption. After diligent effort by my son and me, we were convinced that this bear was alive and well. We then continued our hunt and ultimately killed a beautiful black bear.

I filmed the entire hunt including the first non-lethal arrow and put it on my television program Spirit of the Wild on Outdoor Channel for tens of millions of viewers to witness. Airing the hunt on television proves beyond all doubt that I had no willful intention to violate any hunting regulation.

Was I negligent in not knowing the Alaska bear hunting rule for the specific region I hunted that year? Absolutely. For my negligence, I have been charged with a violation and I pled guilty. To the best of my knowledge, I am the only person ever charged with violating this new, unheard of law. Lifetime AK hunters, guides, outfitters, even the resident judge at my hearing were unaware of such an unprecedented regulation.

While I disagree with Alaska’s requirement that a tag is considered to be "filled" even on a non-lethal hit, that was the requirement at the time of my hunt. Had I known of that requirement, I would not have hunted that region because I fundamentally disagree with it, and I certainly would not have hunted another bear.

I have promoted the grand, honorable hunting lifestyle all of my life and will continue to do so. Hunting, fishing and trapping are the epitome of true conservation.

What I also pledge to American outdoorsmen is to work to repeal onerous, unscientific, counterproductive rules and regulations that make no sense such as the seven states where hunting is banned on Sunday, making 50% of the season illegal for the average hunting families in those states. Idiotic laws such as these are a hindrance to real conservation and the critical need for recruiting new hunters. Such arbitrary laws serve no scientific purpose that benefits the management of wildlife value whatsoever.

The outdoor lifestyle cannot be preserved for future generations of sportsmen by constructing such a labyrinth of confusing, unscientific and oftentimes counterproductive regulations and rules. Reversing this trend is my focus.

While I have never intentionally violated a hunting regulation, ignorance of the law is no excuse, and I am truly sorry, and have paid dearly. There is even less of an excuse for ignorant laws.
    Again he doesn't tell the whole truth and conveniently leaves part of the story out. The 'Lacey Act' is NOT a new law at all. In fact, it's the oldest law on the books governing wildlife. Introduced into Congress by Representative John F. Lacey of Iowa, the act was signed into law by President William McKinley on May 25, 1900.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Wrong again.

Ted Nugent Pleads Guilty to Illegally Shooting and Transporting a Black Bear in Alaska | Outdoor Life
    Then you must WRITE for it, because your post is almost word for word. Demonize Ted all you wish. I saw nothing that changes my mind about the man. I am finished with this. When someone comes in throwing "bombs" for reactions...it gets old and boring. Bye bye
    Stubborn, TheShadow and tkruf like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Let's get this straight for Ted's detractors and supporters.

Yes, he is a target, and a mighty big one because of his outspoken ways.

The Anti-gun crowd wants to take him down. He would be a wonderful head mount on the wall of PETA or Nancy Pelosi.

The Liberal pants wetting government hounds that hate his stance on the Second Amendment and hunting want to take him down.

However, this is the treatment every last one of you WILL receive if you ever become outspoken and stand up and make noise for Pro-Gun, Pro-Hunting issues on more than a very local level.

You will have every skeleton in your closet, as well as your family's closet dug up and paraded around the town square. You will have reporters trying their best to catch you in ANY compromising position. Your words will be parsed, and your opinions vilified. You will be "investigated" and pressure WILL be brought to bear on those around you to sell you out for thirty pieces of silver, or for nothing when they are threatened with arrest and prosecution, or going free if they "testify" against you.

This is called tyranny supported by the media and political hacks and those scum willing to go along with it.

And if this was a Liberal that was an honest person receiving the same treatment from conservatives because they were vocal, I would be the first to defend them also and their right to their opinions and living their lives free of government, media and political harassment.

Guys, love him or hate him, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his harassment is real, and it is coming from very high up, and if it ever turns on you, may God have mercy on your soul, because I doubt that you will have the funds to defend yourself in court and in the media.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    "First they came for Ted Nugent, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't Ted Nugent.

Then they came for Sig35seven, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't Sig35seven.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me"

WHEC724, Stubborn, OD* and 2 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I, mostly, like Uncle Ted b/c of what he's done for conservation, kids, and Wounded Warriors, but anyone who hunts as much as he does and in as many different areas as he does knows that there are general regulations and regulations specific to geographic areas within each state. All hunters are responsible for knowing those individual regulations. Every year I read the deer regulations front to back before I hunt. The regulation concerning the wounded bear is in bold and with a colored background in the Alaska hunting regs and there was, apparently, a huge uproar when it went into effect. Claiming no one knew about it is flat out wrong and a huge mistake, saying that the judge didn't know anything about it is irrelevant as he would have no reason to unless he hunted that particular hunting unit. I have huge doubts that the guides didn't know about it; if they didn't, they should probably lose their license. The reason Ted got tagged is b/c he publicized and made money off of breaking a hunting regulation. If you flaunt something like that in a law enforcement agency's face, you're gonna get prosecuted. The feds were probably the ones going after him b/c he crossed state boundaries. If they didn't, they would be accused of ignoring the fact that a famous celebrity broke the law. It's most likely not a stupid law as the F&G dept is probably trying to increase the population of bears in that area. Instead of crying poor, poor me, STHU and go on. The reason he is (probably) the only one ever prosecuted under the regulation is that anyone/everyone else guilty of the violation had the good sense to shut up. The same with the illegally killed spike buck - whether it was baited or not, shooting spikes in that area is illegal. Uncle Ted, again, broadcasted and made money from violating a hunting regulation. If he'd stop putting the F&G dept's in the situation of "do we prosecute or not", he wouldn't have these types of problems - of course, he wouldn't have as much to complain about either. How many times have people on this board commented on the stupidity of criminals recording their crimes on video and then posting them on youtube? There's no difference here. Makes me wonder what else there is to the story of the 3 legged oryx .......
    Last edited by nedrgr21; May 1st, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Wrong again.

Ted Nugent Pleads Guilty to Illegally Shooting and Transporting a Black Bear in Alaska | Outdoor Life
    Outdoor Life? Might as well been from the Sierra Club or Huffington Post.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

This is what Sig wrote.

"Under age marriage? Not a problem for Ted... In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock"."

This is directly from the Wikipedia article.

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock"

Is it not the same?? Do I need to show more? At least acknowledge your sources.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Sig wrote:
    How about 'canned hunts'? A real sportsman he is. Nugent has said, "I understand the criticism from those who say canned hunting violates the ethic of fair chase," though he still operates the facility, and refers to it as "high fence hunting". Nugent was interviewed in October 2011 by Field & Stream magazine regarding "canned" hunts. At Sunrize Acres he personally guides customers on a hunt for trophy bull bison ($5,000), Russian boar, or white-tailed deer ($1,000 each).

Directly from Wikipedia:
    Nugent owns a hunting ranch near Jackson, Michigan, called Sunrize Acres. Anti-hunters claim this fenced facility offers "canned" hunts. Nugent has said, "I understand the criticism from those who say canned hunting violates the ethic of fair chase," though he still operates the facility, and refers to it as "high fence hunting". Nugent was interviewed in October 2011 by Field & Stream magazine regarding "canned" hunts.[38] At Sunrize Acres he personally guides customers on a hunt for trophy bull bison ($5,000), Russian boar, or white-tailed deer ($1,000 each).[39

Sig wrote:
    On the video he cries how they are picking on him for shooting a buck on his show 'Spirit of the Wild'. He didn't do anything wrong did he? The other side of the story that he doesn't tell is... California Fish and Game wardens who watched the broadcast noticed that it showed Nugent killing a very young buck which had been attracted by commercial bait. Both the killing of such a young deer and the use of bait are crimes under California state law. On August 13, 2010, he pled no contest in Yuba County to two misdemeanors: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill. He was fined USD $1,750 by the court and is banned from hunting in California until June 2012. In April 2012 Nugent signed a plea bargaining agreement to plead guilty to two misdemeanors for illegally taking a bear after shooting one earlier at a bait station. He will be fined $10,000, banned from hunting in Alaska and on Federal land for one year and must complete two years on federal probation.

Directly from Wikipedia:
    Criminal convictions

In September 2009, Nugent embarked on a hunt near Somerset, El Dorado County, California. He was accompanied by a guide and a cameraman, filming for his Outdoor Channel show "Spirit of the Wild." The video taken appeared in an episode of the show first broadcast on February 9, 2010. California Fish and Game wardens who watched the broadcast noticed that it showed Nugent killing a very young buck which had been attracted by commercial bait. Both the killing of such a young deer and the use of bait are crimes under California state law. On August 13, 2010, he pled no contest in Yuba County to two misdemeanors: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill. He was fined USD $1,750 by the court and is banned from hunting in California until June 2012. In April 2012 Nugent signed a plea bargaining agreement to plead guilty to two misdemeanors for illegally taking a bear after shooting one earlier at a bait station. He will be fined $10,000, banned from hunting in Alaska and on Federal land for one year and must complete two years on federal probation.[41]

BTW...these are the ONLY Criminal Convictions he has. No drugs. No lying in a Court of Law or to Congress. No DUIs. No taking Campaign money and hiding a illegit kid and Mistress from a dieing wife and public. Given the crimes we know of from Politicians and Celebrities....this ain't nothing. In the article he wrote that I posted...He admits his guilt and has paid for it.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

In Texas a, 17 year old can be sexually active with anyone they want, and marry with parental consent, and don't tell me Texas is a progressive state with progressive laws. We have some of the most ridiculous laws still on the books because of the religious Blue Laws from the past.

Yes, the mores have changed a bit with time, and he may have been older than her, but come on, no one will say today that this was a child molesting issue if she was 17 when the relationship began. I am not up on all of that story so am speaking from ignorance and admit it freely. All I have at this moment is the above articles to go by until I can research it myself. If I am wrong, please correct me and I will stand corrected.

But dirt is dirt, and slinging it and spinning it is an art form that is well orchestrated.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    They are after Uncle Ted, who's next ?.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    So let's all holler and scream about all the terrible things that have and are being done to ted. The worthless piece of draft dodging excrement. He was and is a waste of oxygen.
    Sig35seven likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You don't like Ted. I don't blame you - there's plenty not to like. I'm not a Ted fan either. Heck, there's plenty to not like about me either for that matter.

The point is, how will you feel about it when it is you that is under the microscope? How well will you hold up when you find out that you've broken a law that you were not aware of? Don't think it is a realistic possibility? There's enough obscure environmental law out there to bust every property owner in the United States.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sig35seven, is obviously from the school of, "as long as it ain't my ox being gored"

People in this country need to wake up,,

Time for pettyness is over.
    Oh Ted did this, Ted didn't do that, STOP WHINING.!

"We must all hang together, or we will surely all hang separately"
    - Benjamin Franklin
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    In Texas a, 17 year old can be sexually active with anyone they want, and marry with parental consent, and don't tell me Texas is a progressive state with progressive laws. We have some of the most ridiculous laws still on the books because of the religious Blue Laws from the past.

Age of consent in Mi. is 16.^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links