Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder - Page 19

Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

This is a discussion on Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Holder in contempt; 17 Dems cross aisle for bipartisanship In a historic vote Thursday afternoon, the House of Representatives voted 255-67 with one member voting ...

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

Holder in contempt; 17 Dems cross aisle for bipartisanship

In a historic vote Thursday afternoon, the House of Representatives voted 255-67 with one member voting “present” to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal Contempt of Congress for not providing subpoenaed documents relating to the Operation Fast and Furious investigation by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Holder in contempt; 17 Dems cross aisle for bipartisanship - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Pistology, beararms and CIBMike like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    The truth is out there and it will come out, we just have to allow it time without closing our minds to it in advance.
    Don't forget Rep. Issa's words following the vote.
    I greatly appreciate the ongoing efforts of Senator Chuck Grassley, his staff, and other Senators on the Judiciary Committee who have pressed the Obama Administration for the full truth. Senator Grassley began this investigation and has been a full partner throughout it. I must also recognize the hard work done by many of my colleagues here in the House – without their efforts the Justice Department’s stonewalling would have succeeded.

“My message to my colleagues and others who have fought for answers: We are still fighting for the truth and accountability – for the family of murdered Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, for whistleblowers who have faced retaliation, and for countless victims of Operation Fast and Furious in Mexico.
    Now, let the IG and DOJ see that the investigation shall continue with full participation of elected representatives of the citizens.
    LkWd_Don likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Don't forget Rep. Issa's words following the vote.

Now, let the IG and DOJ see that the investigation shall continue with full participation of elected representatives of the citizens.
    I think you are omitting a step which isn't going to happen.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...-101-1984.html

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...c-101-1984.pdf
    Last edited by Hopyard; June 28th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Anyone know the names of the 17 Democrats who voted in favor? Kudos to them. And let's also ID the two Republicans who voted against.

Nice copout by the Dems who walked out. Is that what your constituency voted you in for?

I think this is good news. They think they are above it all and cant be touched. I hope they find the evidence to prosecute. I'd like the be the guy to arrest him. I'd show him my CCW permit.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Seriously, the Cartels have hundreds of millions of dollars, and can buy boatloads of full auto weapons directly from South American despots that want US Dollars. Why would the Cartels buy semi's from some schmoo running them across the border for pocket change?

The entire premise is flawed. Somebody in BATFE is stupid, ignorant, arrogant, looking for a promotion, camera time, or whatever, but the espoused premise shows about as much thought as is capable by a sack of rocks. The upstream actions appear to be based on arrogance and hubris. Ill conceived and poorly executed and now Congress critters want answers. I hope they get them.

I didn't believe or trust Carney before he took his current role. Nothing has changed.

My Congressman has already notified his constituency he will vote to hold Holder in contempt. My BIL has also mentioned to me he thinks the DOJ OIG is full of a bunch of political hacks. He is well connected on the outside, and has a vastly different world view however.

I am 10 or 15% into Alexander Hamilton. Just enough to really begin enjoying it. You're correct. Politics in the "old days" was rough and tumble on a whole different level.
    Thank you Rock and Glock , voice of common semse if this was just about cartell violence selling a thousand rifles to a group that has the reasources to buy just about whatever the want isn't going help or prove much.
    The easy way is always mined.

P95
    Thanks for posting.

Well they voted and Holder pretty much says so what. Can't touch me. Move on.
    Hopyard likes this.

If i had not read hundreds of articles and reports related to Fast and Furious her trash might be believable. The Katherine Eban article is full of lies and distortions designed to appeal to the uninformed. Watched Eban on TV the other day: She does not have a clue.
    beararms and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Nice copout by the Dems who walked out. Is that what your constituency voted you in for?
    I read yesterday that a large majority, if not all of those Dems were members of the CBC, doing it in protest on the alleged racial aspect of holding Holder in contempt.

Gotta love a racecard.
    iblearning likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I read yesterday that a large majority, if not all of those Dems were members of the CBC, doing it in protest on the alleged racial aspect of holding Holder in contempt.

Gotta love a racecard.
    Last ditch effort. Why do they need to fix a color to criminal acts. Is it the Dems live in a different reality? Solve the problem if there was no cover up or illegal activities, just surrender the requested documents and be done with it. Unless they have been destroyed = coverup. Just didn't know = stupidity = not fit for office on either options. Someone's guilty of something. Just how high up does it go? The behaviors are of a guilty administration with no sence of consideration for the families of the dead. They think they are above it all and don't work for us any longer. They work to promote their own causes. I believe this was a direct assault on getting more gun control by blaming straw purchases made by directive of this administration, except it wasn't to be know the administration was making those purchases Problem is they just couldn't play in a situation where they couldn't control the rules and got busted. Like Howie Long putting a hit on a high school player. Dems wouldn't walk if Holder was white. Race card, what a joke, that dog won't hunt. Keep walking. Take your Legos and go home. I just heard Holder accused Issa of playing politics over public safety. Really? Leave my second amendment alone.
    iblearning likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Let the CBC do what it does, but we will not discuss race here.

The 17 Dems that voted for Contempt may have: 1) Believed that was the correct answer or 2) Wanted air support for re-election and realized not voting, or voting against it, might shorten their illustrious careers. I vote (2) as cynicism reins. It doesn't matter either.

It passed, and we'll see where it goes now.
    Hopyard likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Last ditch effort. Why do they need to fix a color to criminal acts. Is it the Dems live in a different reality? Solve the problem if there was no cover up or illegal activities, just surrender the requested documents and be done with it. .
    I'm sorry, but it is not the way things work. The Executive must protect his prerogatives. They all
    do, from both parties. We don't have one arm of government--- we have 3; as some discovered
    yesterday to their dissatisfaction.

The furor over giving the papers is nonsensical. NO President would give up what Congress is
    asking for. And The House knows that. They know that they can easily spin the motives, to make
    principled adherence to Constitutionally mandated Separation of Powers look like "cover up."

Of course if one is inclined to take an open minded read of the Eban article, the cover up and other
    allegations disappear.

Finally, three cheers for R&G's post #283.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I went looking for an answer to the question about who the 17 Democrats were that voted to hold Holder in Contempt and came across the 270 page report to Congress that the vote was based on.

Here is a link to it. It takes a long while to download. Be patient.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CRPT-11...112hrpt546.pdf

EDIT: Here is a link to the Vote.. Democrats are listed in italics on the list.
    Altmire, Barrow, Boren, Boswell, Chandler, Critz, Donnelly (IN), Hochul, Kind, Kissell, Matheson, McIntyre, Owens, Peterson, Rahall,
    Ross (AR) and Walz (MN)

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll441.xml
    beararms likes this.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

Sponsored Links