Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

This is a discussion on Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Email sent...

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree250Likes

Thread: Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

Email sent
    Stubborn likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I for one do not want to see holder forced to resign, I would prefer he be prosecuted for contempt, fined, jailed and removed from office in disgrace.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well, that will not happen. President Obama doesn't care about public image, and will protect his buddy that he appointed. Flagrant abuse of power, or just an ineptitude on a grand scale alone of an appointed friend would cause most politicians to at least try and save face by firing said appointed friend.

I don't really care how Holder is removed for office, I just care that he gets removed. I wish Rep. Issa the best of luck in his battle against Holder.
    oneshot likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Well, that will not happen. President Obama doesn't care about public image, and will protect his buddy that he appointed. Flagrant abuse of power, or just an ineptitude on a grand scale alone of an appointed friend would cause most politicians to at least try and save face by firing said appointed friend.

I don't really care how Holder is removed for office, I just care that he gets removed. I wish Rep. Issa the best of luck in his battle against Holder.
    Please see QK's post 12. I don't want to have to jump in here to explain why you are wrong especially in your
    penultimate sentence.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Why do folks start these political threads?
    I get in such a mental bind here. I don't want to sit silent and I really don't want to
    get into the fray.

Stubborn, give it a break please.
    "Hop", I'm really surprised by your stance on this.
    Being a former Federal Agent yourself, I am shocked that you are not outraged by this.
    These guns showed up at the murder scenes of two Federal Agents.

I am not attacking this from a political angle.
    I honestly don't give a fat rats butt what party Holder belongs to.
    In my opinion he should be charged, at the very least with "complicity" in the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, and from the facts as I understand them, conspiracy charges would be in order.

Republican, Democrat, Liberitarian, or Independent, doesnt matter
    What Holder did, and what he allowed to happen on his watch was criminal.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    @Stubborn; IMO it is a political thread and little more.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Hop, you of all folks are crying about a political thread LOL. You are one of he folks that jumps right in. If the mods don't like it they will close it. You don't need to post two times that it is political in nature.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Hop, you of all folks are crying about a political thread LOL. You are one of he folks that jumps right in. If the mods don't like it they will close it. You don't need to post two times that it is political in nature.
    I do not ever start such threads. I have never started a political discussion here. What I am saying is that
    if we don't want this board to be political, which is the position that is officially taken, responsibility lies with
    the person who starts the thread or makes the first political post. After that, it is inevitable that others will
    salute the comment or oppose it.

I'm trying to keep my mouth shut on the merits of the charge, but you can already see from post 23 how this is going to
    end up.
    Andrew Jackson

Well sir, I'm afraid you and I are going to have to "agree to disagree" on this one, but then we've done that before. Lol
    You and I obviously don't see eye to eye on politics and most political matters, we never have, and probably never will, but that's OK...that's what make this country so great.
    But honestly when politics are set aside, most of the time we seem to come down on the same side of most issues, with more in common than differences.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Barney Fife's version of Fast and Furious:

"Hey kid, why don't you go ahead and steal that pack of gum on the counter? Run on outside, chew a piece, then I'll come in and catch you... You'll give back the pack but get a stick of gum out of it, and I'll get the credit for catching you! That sounds reasonable, right? It's a Win-Win situation!"

ATF: an expensive solution that's in a continual search of a problem....

Distinguished Member
    The great uncertainty of all data in war is a peculiar difficulty, because all action must, to a certain extent, be planned in a mere twilight, which in addition not infrequently — like the effect of a fog or moonlight — gives to things exaggerated dimensions and unnatural appearance. - Carl von Clausewitz
    Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious are strategic products of a Drug War. This war is not an internet debate or anything that fits into a kid-glove parlour box. It's a real war with drug terrorists who mostly belong to blood-money "cartels".

We fight this war on several fronts. Arguably, our new military legacy in Iraq and Afghanistan is to fight rabid religious extremists in the aftermath of 911. In Afghanistan, two drug facts emerge. 1) "[M]ore than half the income of Afghanistan derive[s] from the opium trade". And, 2) Currently, spanning two US presidential elections, our country is spending $800M / year to eradicate opium in Afghanistan with over half of that in payment to farmers to plant alternative crops.

The Drug War is a bipartisan attempt to control the behavior of otherwise law-abiding citizens. It is analogous to prohibition in the 1920's. The gang wars of prohibition are a miniature of the global drug conflict that the US sponsors more than any country. But we see the same distortions of society and corruptions of some opportunists in power.

In spite of the failures of Wide Reciever, efforts at gun walking continued to grow.

The setting of Fast and Furious is our southwestern border. Federal agents are responsible for violating federal and international arms laws by endorsing illegal straw purchases. Over several years. The discovery of F&F guns at the murder scene of US Border agent emphasizes the duty of citizens to demand a full accounting of the feds' illegal activities.

The feds don't have much to show for al of this. They aren't even explaining it. The law should be blind to the political party in power. But Americans are due a clear explanation and our lacking one exacerbates the casualties of a war that many of us oppose. And it's contemptible.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post

The setting of Fast and Furious is our southwestern border. Federal agents are responsible for violating federal and international arms laws by endorsing illegal straw purchases. Over several years. The discovery of F&F guns at the murder scene of US Border agent emphasizes the duty of citizens to demand a full accounting of the feds' illegal activities.

The feds don't have much to show for all of this. They aren't even explaining it. The law should be blind to the political party in power. But Americans are due a clear explanation and our lacking one exacerbates the casualties of a war that many of us oppose. And it's contemptible.
    BAM! There it is. Thanks "Pistology"
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Well sir, I'm afraid you and I are going to have to "agree to disagree" on this one, but then we've done that before. Lol
    You and I obviously don't see eye to eye on politics and most political matters, we never have, and probably never will, but that's OK...that's what make this country so great.
    But honestly when politics are set aside, most of the time we seem to come down on the same side of most issues, with more in common than differences.
    You are absolutely right with your above comments. We'd probably get along great if we stayed away
    from politics.

We have House rules @ Chez Hopyard: No Politics, No Religion, No Football.
    Stubborn and DontTreadOnI like this.
    Andrew Jackson

^^^^^^^what Pistology said^^^^^^^^^^

In YOUR opinion is not the opinion of the majority. This has to do with a political attack attempt on our 2nd Amendment Rights. I am shocked you don't see it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links