Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder - Page 23

Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

This is a discussion on Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bullet1234 My regrets & sympathies are with Brian Terry's family,,,, we all need to remember On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent ...

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    My regrets & sympathies are with Brian Terry's family,,,, we all need to remember

On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian A. Terry was conducting operations as a member of the Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) in the Nogales, Arizona area of operations. Agent Terry’s team encountered five individuals, at least two of whom were armed with AK-47’s, in the “Peck Well” area near Rio Rico, Arizona. These individuals were border bandits who were awaiting a drug load north of the Arizona-Mexico border. Agent Terry was mortally wounded during the exchange of gunfire and succumbed to his injuries on December 15, 2010. The weapons found at the scene of Agent Terry’s murder were later disclosed to be part of an ATF program named, Operation Fast and Furious. His murder is still currently under investigation as is the ATF for this reckless program that let guns walk.

It is not or should not BE FORGOTTEN,,,,, HE WAS DOING HIS JOB,,,,, if only the DOJ would DO THEIR JOB.
    And what exactly makes you think they are not, or have not? Be specific. Don't just regurgitate political
    commentary or accusations you read on a blog. Where is the evidence that they have not done their job?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I think you are confusing civilian police investigation methods with internal investigations.
    No, I am not. Police investigations of any nature have no requirement of being cursory and generally do not maintain any form of discretion, the only thing kept confidential is the evidence being collected till it is properly provided during the discovery phase of trial, to the defense.

Now, FBI/NSA background checks for things like Government Security Clearances are required to disclose who they are conducting the background check on with those they are interviewing as it is absolutely necessary to confirm that the person they are talking with in fact knows the person they are collecting background information on, or the harvested/collected information would be worthless. But that does not permitted them to disclose anything more than what will achieve that goal.

Inquiries to determine the validity of a lodged complaint at any Office be it Government or Corporate are required to comply with US Code when it comes to Whistleblower protections. Remember that whistleblower protections are there to protect lower level employees from retribution of superiors and a potential of abusively applied coercion from peers at the behest of supervisors. These complaints are generally not criminal in nature but require extremely greater confidentiality than even a criminal prosecution would because of the Whistleblower protection act. Example: Sexual innuendo in the work place is an illegal act as it is considered as being sexual harassment. But is not a criminal act that the police could be called in on to make an arrest of the offensive party.

I'm sorry but if you are not intentionally trying to twist the issue, then the only result left is that you must be trying to justify wrong doing.

EDIT: That was probably a poor choice of putting my final statement there. As there is not evidence in what we were discussing of wrong doing being a fact.. I should probably say that it appears to be justifying a potential for wrong doing in that it is giving a wrong impression of what can and cannot be done in a whistleblower case.
    Last edited by LkWd_Don; July 3rd, 2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: corrected statement see EDIT:
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

VIP Member
    Sorry, LkWd, I'm not following you at all. If you are trying to assert that the IGs lack credibility or
    investigatory power, we'll just need to disagree.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sorry, LkWd, I'm not following you at all. If you are trying to assert that the IGs lack credibility or
    investigatory power, we'll just need to disagree.
    That is not remotely what I am saying and will suggest that you review what I have said, as well as your replies to understand what it is that I am saying.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LkWd_Don View Post
    That is not remotely what I am saying and will suggest that you review what I have said, as well as your replies to understand what it is that I am saying.
    OK, I guess this thread has about run its course anyway, as you and I seem to be talking past each other.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Resurrecting this thread with a little media update:

Exclusive: Five ATF officials found responsible for Fast and Furious - latimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Contained in that article is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Republican congressional investigators
    Two more final reports, they said, will deal with “the devastating failure of supervision and leadership” at the Department of Justice and an “unprecedented obstruction of the [congressional] investigation by the highest levels of the Justice Department, including the attorney general himself.”
    In all fairness, the fact that these are Republican congressional investigators, investigating a known democrat should raise some questions in and of itself.

Far too often if one party is doing something wrong and then is investigated by itself.. no wrong doing will be found (example Newt Gingrich 1999).. Likewise, far too often even if a party is not doing anything wrong and is investigated by the opposing party, wrong doing will be found.

This shows why the Political Parties should be banned from Public Lime-light, stripped of all their power, funding and influence. That our system of Government should negate/repeal all laws designed to give preferential treatment to any political party while returning our Electoral College System back to the way our Founding Fathers authored it.

House Oversight moves on civil action v. Eric Holder

Congressman Darrell Issa and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform ramped up its effort to get thousands of documents from Attorney General Eric Holder Monday when a civil action was filed in Washington, D.C. federal court to force Holder to hand over the papers.

House Oversight moves on civil action v. Eric Holder - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

After all that political noise congress is reduced to suing in federal court.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    After all that political noise congress is reduced to suing in federal court.
    wonder what side the judges are on?

This just keeps getting better...

Grassley, Issa zero in on dual employment of F&F figure

Three weeks after this column first revealed that a major figure in Operation Fast and Furious was likely to retire soon, the two men leading Capitol Hillís investigation of the scandal are now asserting that he is working in the private sector while still drawing a government paycheck.

Grassley, Issa zero in on dual employment of F&F figure - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Public has a right to know

Inspector General report on Fast & Furious should be released

The long-awaited Inspector Generalís report on Operation Fast and Furious is now in the hands of Justice Department officials, but because President Barack Obama promised his would be a transparent administration, that report should be turned over to House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and to the American people.

Inspector General

Oh, drat. Another delay.

IG appearance before House Oversight delayed to Sept. 19

The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform announced Monday that a long-anticipated appearance before that body by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been put off to Sept. 19.

IG appearance before House Oversight delayed to Sept. 19 - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Looks like the sacrificial lambs have already been cut from the flock and are, even as we speak, being marinated. Gents, we are never, EVER going to know the depth of incompetency or the lofty heights of accountability that Fast & Furious truly represents. The powerful will throw loyal underlings to the wolves while disavowing any knowledge or responsibility. Supporting documents will strangely vanish. Careers will be MADE by careful misdirection & skillful deceit. Careers will be RUINED by hints of honesty & good character. The very guys we most WANT in the seats of government power will be quietly vanquished into obscurity. The very guys we most NEED to go to prison will laugh at our simple gullibility. Good men die so rotten men can prosper. It's not intelligence that's lacking, there are triple-sharp players in this game. What's lacking is anyone with a combination of both the courage to tell us the truth & the evidence to prove it. If that person can wade the swamp of serpents and get to dry ground, I'll support HIM or HER...for President!
    msgt/ret, zacii and OD* like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Well said ghost tracker, I'm with you.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson. Always remember our military. Me

Links