Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

This is a discussion on Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Below is the email I just recieved from GOA along with a link to send a pre-written letter/email to your Representative asking him/her to support ...

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree250Likes

Thread: Rep. Issa Pushing Contempt Order Against Eric Holder

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar

Below is the email I just recieved from GOA along with a link to send a pre-written letter/email to your Representative asking him/her to support Rep. Darrell Issa...

Gun Owners of America

-- Time to double-down and get Speaker Boehner behind this effort

Rep. Darrell Issa has now finished making his case for holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.

Holder, who once stated he wants to see kids brainwashed into supporting gun control, has presided over a Justice Department that helped smuggle thousands of illegal guns into Mexico, all for the purpose of justifying greater restrictions upon firearms in the U.S.

This Fast & Furious scandal has resulted in the deaths of more than 300 Mexican nationals, plus two U.S. federal agents.

Issa has published a pair of documents that makes the case for pinning contempt charges on Holder and has sent them to every member of his Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Issa’s case is based, in part, upon the fact that Holder’s Justice Department “has yet to provide a single document for 12 out of the 22 categories contained in the subpoena schedule.” In many cases, documents provided by the Department have been completely or mostly blackened out.

Sources on Capitol Hill believe that Issa has the votes to push a contempt citation out of committee. However, it is unclear whether House Speaker John Boehner is supportive of such a citation.

Fox News reports “that Boehner and House Republican Leader Eric Cantor do not want to deal with a contempt citation against Holder because ‘it’s off message for them.’”

Well, gun owners need to help Boehner see that this is “on message” for him. This is a quest for justice, as Eric Holder needs to be held accountable for the lies, deceptions and dead bodies left in the wake of Fast & Furious.

Already, more than 100 congressmen have called for Holder’s resignation. Holding Eric Holder in contempt could bring a fine of $1,000 and a year in jail.

ACTION: Please ask your Representative to urge House Speaker John Boehner to get fully behind a contempt citation against Eric Holder.
    Click here to send a prewritten message to your Representative http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/a...ertid=61275876
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

I had a good laugh yesterdaywhen I heard the story about Roger Clemen's new trial. Holder was asked if the cost of a second trial was worthy to the Justice Dept. He responded that, yes it is, because lying to Congress is very serious. The irony.

VIP Member
    Why do folks start these political threads?
    I get in such a mental bind here. I don't want to sit silent and I really don't want to
    get into the fray.

Stubborn, give it a break please.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Email sent!
    Stubborn likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let's keep this non-partisan and acknowledge that all of the facts are yet to be determined and that this is a non-partisan issue and thread.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

Eric Holder has shown himself in the past as not being a friend of the Second Amendment.

Eric Holder is at war with gun owners' rights | Washington Examiner

His methods and motivation for his slow response to congress and their request for documentation in regards to the Fast and Furious investigation may appear to some to be suspect.

Fast and Furious was suppose to show the link between the US and illegal guns being smuggled into Mexico. This would add fuel to the attempts to restrict 2-A rights if proven to be factual.

It now appears that the US government was infact allowing and assisting in the transportation of firearms illegally into Mexico under the cover of an ongoing federal investigation.

Numerous firearms allowed to enter Mexico during Fast and Furious were lost track of and have since turned up at the scene of violent crimes in Mexico.

All the facts need to be made known to the congressional bi-partisan committee investigating the allegations of possible misconduct by the US government agencies involved in Fast and Furious.

The sooner this occurs the faster this will all be put to rest in one way or another.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    As a GOA member, I just did that tonight and passed it along to my gun owning contacts. :)
    Stubborn likes this.

Distinguished Member
    GOA member, and Email sent.

The facts are that the Justice Department, under Holder, helped to smuggle thousands of guns into Mexico resulting in the deaths of over 300 Mexican nationals and two US agents. Holder is accountable to assist in the investigation. He isn't. There will be justice, I expect.
    It's obvious, to me, what this is really about: a scheme that blew up in their face. This gun owner is saying, "not in my name". As Ted Nugent might say, "May heads role by November's vote count".
    Stubborn and DontTreadOnI like this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Done!
    Stubborn likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Done and done.
    Stubborn likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Done. Thanks for posting, Stubborn.
    Stubborn likes this.

Administrator
    Just PLEASE keep it all DIRECTLY 2nd Amendment ~ FIREARMS ~ Fast & Furious related.

No off the cuff Liberal, Democrat, Obama comments.

Stay ON TOPIC to the thread.
    Hopyard and Rock and Glock like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    I had a good laugh yesterdaywhen I heard the story about Roger Clemen's new trial. Holder was asked if the cost of a second trial was worthy to the Justice Dept. He responded that, yes it is, because lying to Congress is very serious. The irony.
    We are well past irony. We have entered hypocrisy.

Done.. I am always up for reminding those in our Government that We the People are fed up with their meddling in our Rights.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

Done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stubborn likes this.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Links