Notice !!!

This is a discussion on Notice !!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Before it was over, I had sold my Dentist an M4-2000 Suppressor made by AAC. He's already talking about a 22 suppressor. We are doing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Notice !!!

Before it was over, I had sold my Dentist an M4-2000 Suppressor made by AAC. He's already talking about a 22 suppressor. We are doing the paperwork Monday after work.
    Here I thought they only suppressed firearms whodathunk that Dentists can use them to quiet little girly screams coming from grown men
    Stubborn and Hopyard like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by saywhat View Post
    For what it is worth - I found this...maybe they aren't telling the truth - just thought it was worth mentioning...

Veterans can lose their weapons permit if they answer yes to three questions in a medical exam-Fiction!

A spokesperson at the Veterans Hospital told TruthorFiction.com that all patients are protected by doctor/patient confidentiality and any information taken by the Veterans Administration (VA) is never shared with any outside agencies. The only exemption to the case would be if a hospital were asked to assist in a criminal investigation.
    I'm at the local VA at least 4 times a year and I've never heard those questions...

However they do ask EVERY time if I've fallen down recently.

And if I would like to quit smoking yet (always with a snarky attitude, no matter which nurse)
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Q: Do you have guns in your house?

A: Why do you ask? Are you planning on breaking in and robbing me?
    Doghandler, phreddy and GunGeezer like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

The VA medical staff never ask me any questions regarding guns or gun ownership.
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Gosh, let's just hope we don't ever get a gov't-controlled healthcare system. That would open the door to restrict firearms as a prerequisite for healthcare, once they determine that guns are bad for you.

GunGeezer likes this.

I hear more and more about vets are a danger as far as govt is conerned....If true..how funny.
    we train them to use them as tools and MAKE that training mandetory for them...then they get out and their own govt they fought for does not want them to protect themselves or have all the civil liberties they fight for! True or not......its lame.......

My 2 cents as I read the VA portion. Again whether true or not how I feel/think of it.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Gosh, let's just hope we don't ever get a gov't-controlled healthcare system. That would open the door to restrict firearms as a prerequisite for healthcare, once they determine that guns are bad for you.

When Obama-care first came on the scene and the Gov't healthcare debate began I often told people if they really wanted to know what it would be like, just ask a vet!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Over the past couple of years or so I've gotten numerous emails forwarded to me about the issue of gun questions on VA, doctor, medicare, etc. forms and that you can lose your guns if you answer certain questions wrong at the VA, etc. I refer all the people that send that crap to me to snopes. Can anyone say paranoia????

It is all BS in my humble opinion. My doctor already knows I own guns--he's asked me about obtaining a CHL himself--knows I've shot in competition, knows I carry concealed, and knows I ride a Harley. So what? But I've never seen a question about guns on any of the "questionaires" I've had to fill out annually. And I'm on medicare. If I ever do see a question of that nature, I'll answer "None of your *not-suitable-for-this -forum* business"!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Like it or not, I too, am a retired veteran, and have been asked those same questions during a VA physical. I learned in the military, the less you tell them the better off you are. When I was on active duty, I worked in a highly secured environment, and it was common knowledge if you had answered yes, to any of those 3 questions, you would be immediately re-assigned to an less stressful job, and probaby marked for life.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    I hear more and more about vets are a danger as far as govt is conerned....If true..how funny.
    we train them to use them as tools and MAKE that training mandetory for them...then they get out and their own govt they fought for does not want them to protect themselves or have all the civil liberties they fight for! True or not......its lame.......

My 2 cents as I read the VA portion. Again whether true or not how I feel/think of it.

Wow! Let's see now, we have a president who passed a national health-care law yet he smokes. We have congresspersons who employ armed body guards but are anti-gun. Yet, we are surprised when we find hypocrisy rampant in our government.

VIP Member
    My last surgeon bought a Kimber from me. My primary care physician knows what the thunk on the floor is when I drop my pants. He asked me if I wanted to try a free sample of some blue pills. He called it a permit to carry on.

If the government knows you own something, they can take it away.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links