Notice !!!

This is a discussion on Notice !!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have a gun in your house? Now you know to keep some things to yourself. True information...read to the end. FYI Just passing this along ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Notice !!!

Notice !!!

Have a gun in your house?
    Now you know to keep some things to yourself.
    True information...read to the end.
    FYI Just passing this along for your information:
    I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation.. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your damn business!!
    So it is out there! Here are comments from two other people: I have also been asked if we keep guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask. Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't.
    My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions. Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack. The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else. It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (As they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!
    From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions: 1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone? The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.
    Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists.
    Whether you are a gun owner veteran or not, YOU"VE BEEN WARNED !
    If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.
    Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. - Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

More of that to come, as we trade our rights ,for the promise of safety for all... I also bristle at the intrusion of the cameras at intersections, and find myself making un-Christian like gestures when I notice them.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; May 4th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
    oneshot likes this.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Well, since I have a carry permit, I'd guess that the government is already reasonably sure that I have firearms in the house. They don't need my doctor to ask me for them, but thanks for the warning.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

This was received in an e-mail. It is three different cases. The one concerning the ccw was not denying the ownership of guns. Just concerned about how answering a question wrong can get you revoked.

Thank you for the info! I'm passing it along.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by Kibb View Post
    This was received in an e-mail. It is three different cases. The one concerning the ccw was not denying the ownership of guns. Just concerned about how answering a question wrong can get you revoked.
    Thanks for the clarification. The way it was posted, I thought it was something that actually happened to you. I tend to take "the government's coming to get your pistols" e-mails with a grain of salt. I'm more worried about the Obama administration taking all my money than all my guns.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    ..We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. - Patrick Henry
    As someone who has spent the last 6 months extensively reading colonial, revolutionary war, and early American
    history and biography, I really don't care much what Patrick Henry thought about anything.

We live in different times and have different problems.

We'd all be a lot better off if we stopped thinking with the
    terminology, language, euphemisms, slogans, and attitudes of the American revolutionary era. We need to stop
    that before we talk ourselves into a world of hurt. It isn't 1776 or 1798 folks.

From Wikipedia concerning Patrick Henry: "By 1798 however, he supported President John Adams and the Federalists; he denounced passage of the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions as he feared the social unrest and widespread executions that had followed the increasing radicalism of the French Revolution. "

In other words, even American revolutionaries had limits to their "revolutionary zeal" and were
    capable of some moderation.

See my signature line.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

This was received in an e-mail.
    Don't take offense to this. You may have spent 6 months reading all that jazz, but you should of spent 6 more seconds reading my last post. I don't know if it was your intention to quote me under the impression I was quoting Patrick Henry. I was just passing the email along and his quote was previously attached. 😉

As for this question on various forms and other questions that have no business being on forms the simply solution is to answer it with N/A.
    MleeC likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

No POLITICS, no BASHING. Please read Rules 2, 4 and 9.

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.
    We also discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one. Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; May 4th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    Hopyard and AZJD1968 like this.

Senior Moderator
    Well...I went to the Dentist today to get one of my beloved molars removed due to a cracked root which caused and abscess.

Its true, I was stressed. My jaw hurt.
    Did I feel threatened? Yeah I did. With all that crap in my mouth I thought I was going to drown in my own spit.
    Did I want to harm someone? Only for a brief second when pain shot through one of my nerves, causing me to lose contact with the chair except for my heels and the back of my head. I'll admit that I wanted to reach out and slap the nearest one.

It wasn't all bad though.

Before it was over, I had sold my Dentist an M4-2000 Suppressor made by AAC. He's already talking about a 22 suppressor. We are doing the paperwork Monday after work.
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

My dentist uses IV sedation for procedures like that. He can remove half your head and you won't care.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Ok, so just don't answer any of those questions. What can they do? Refuse to treat you? So what. Doctors are a dime a dozen. Just leave them blank or if asked verbally, just say I refuse to answer. My dentist is pro 2A, a hunter, owns guns. It's great....we talk guns every time I go there. He doesn't care if I come in armed either. I've been to the doctor several times, I don't remember any of those questions being asked or seeing those ?'s on any form.

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    For what it is worth - I found this...maybe they aren't telling the truth - just thought it was worth mentioning...

Veterans can lose their weapons permit if they answer yes to three questions in a medical exam-Fiction!

A spokesperson at the Veterans Hospital told TruthorFiction.com that all patients are protected by doctor/patient confidentiality and any information taken by the Veterans Administration (VA) is never shared with any outside agencies. The only exemption to the case would be if a hospital were asked to assist in a criminal investigation.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    This one comes up from time to time. In fact, this very same email was discussed in another forum I frequent a few weeks ago (link)

My favorite response was:
    If a nurse asks me if I have guns in my house I will respond by asking her (as deadpan as I can muster) how many times she had sex last week.
    phreddy and GunGeezer like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links