House to vote on Trayvon Amendment - Page 2

House to vote on Trayvon Amendment

This is a discussion on House to vote on Trayvon Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mlr1m The Feds have used the purse to force States to pass laws in the past. If our State Governments had a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: House to vote on Trayvon Amendment

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The Feds have used the purse to force States to pass laws in the past. If our State Governments had a pair they would immediately stop sending any tax monies back to D.C.. They should refuse to cooperate with Federal agencies until the attempted blackmail has ceased.

Michael
    That was exactly how the Federal Government shoved the 55mph national speed limit down everyone's throats back in 1974
    They threatened to withhold federal highway funds from the states that refused.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would love to see the rationale that says the victim of aggression has a DUTY to retreat rather than face that threat head on.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The Feds have used the purse to force States to pass laws in the past. If our State Governments had a pair they would immediately stop sending any tax monies back to D.C.. They should refuse to cooperate with Federal agencies until the attempted blackmail has ceased.

Michael
    ^^^This^^^

"Dumber and Dumberer"
    shooterX, Spirit51 and JDE101 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    "Dumber and Dumberer"
    If that doesn't describe the majority of Congressmen and Women I don't know what does!
    bmcgilvray and Spirit51 like this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    From the Washington Times May 8, 2012:

House Democrats said Tuesday they will offer an amendment to push to overturn stand-your-ground self-defense laws in states like Florida.

The amendment, which would withhold some grants from states that have such laws, will come as part of the House's debate on the Commerce Department spending bill.

"'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted. Federal money shouldn't be spent supporting states with laws that endanger their own people," said Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the two Democrats who are offering the legislation. "This is no different than withholding transportation funds from states that don't enforce seat-belt laws."

Florida's law, which allows residents to use force in response to an attack without first having to retreat, has come under scrutiny after the nationally-polarizing death of teenager Trayvon Martin. George Zimmermann, a neighborhood watch volunteer, has been charged with murder in the case.
    the title has it all wrong, the house is not voting on this because the democrats cannot initiate a thing in the house, the republicans are in the majority and control what makes it to a vote and what doesn't.
    in typical fashion the democrats are trying to ignore proper procedure and ignore the whole process of how a law is enacted. I will not go into giving a complete civic lesson now but let if suffice to say that unless the republicans allow this nonsense to proceed it shall remain a circus like act for the media to peddle to the ignorant masses.

it is a shame that the schools don't teach basic civics anymore, so few know how our government is supposed to function, if they did they wouldn't tolerate the garbage the left offers as governance.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Talk about stepping on State's rights!
    it's known as the tenth amendment, it's been trampled upon for many years
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Ellison is a two-bit liberal with his own agenda to stump for. Minneapolis 'voters' who elected him should be embarrassed, but I doubt they even understand how government actually works, much less what this creep is doing on their behalf.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Ellison is a two-bit liberal with his own agenda to stump for. Minneapolis 'voters' who elected him should be embarrassed, but I doubt they even understand how government actually works, much less what this creep is doing on their behalf.
    are these the same voters that sent the clown franken to the senate?
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    That was exactly how the Federal Government shoved the 55mph national speed limit down everyone's throats back in 1974
    They threatened to withhold federal highway funds from the states that refused.
    And the .08 BAC, a direct result of MADD lobbying efforts.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member
    The media has so much sway aver the general public it is scary! A portion of the people believe EVERYTHING they read or hear. Most news is biased to suit the views of the producers and these people never even consider another point of view. Gee, look who they elected pres. last time. 'Nuff said.

Good luck with that....
    paching likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    First of all, how is killing 3 times as many scumbags a bad thing?

And if you want to take away grant money, fine. The state is saving A LOT of money by not having to have trials and then house these drains on society anymore.

Second, I love how it is in the name of Trayvon, when his attacker is on trial for MURDER. Clearly the law did not just give him blanket immunity to "shoot first." So how does this even apply to the TM/GZ case? These guys just make me shake my head and sigh/chuckle to myself.
    MleeC likes this.
    Walk softly ...

I think it would be found unconstitutional if it ever passed....... "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness" , and the 2nd amendment rights...........

So... only the BG can show up with a gun ? Seems that's where we were before, and it didn't work out too well.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

"'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted.
    So have crimes and as long as people are defending their families and themselves I won't shed a tear for the perps.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links