How are Gun rights God-Given and Inalienable?

This is a discussion on How are Gun rights God-Given and Inalienable? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article says it all. Our right to keep and bear arms precedes the Constitution of the United States. How are gun rights God-given and ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: How are Gun rights God-Given and Inalienable?

This article says it all. Our right to keep and bear arms precedes the Constitution of the United States.

How are gun rights God-given and inalienable? | The Daily Caller
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Good article. However...the constitution is involved in a lot of red tape these days. Your actual rights are always subject to change without notification. We truly believe in man now.........even God is now subject to change.

I believe Jesus told Peter to sell his cloak and buy a Glock...
    Ram Rod, GunGeezer, tkruf and 6 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I believe Jesus told Peter to sell his cloak and buy a Glock...
    Aye...that would be the lost book of Gaston between Ezekiel and Revelations. Not completely transcribed at this time, but being diligently worked on. Keep the faith is all you need to know at this point. In the near future there will be a savior come to absolve you of all sins and free you from the evil of man.
    rstanek, RETSUPT99 and Guest1 like this.

Gun rights are not God-given and inalienable. The writer is a nincompoop and he and those like him give all of us a bad name. Whatever rights we in this country come from the Constitiution. The only "natural" rights are rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    Last edited by keboostman; May 10th, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    Gun rights are not God-given and inalienable. The writer is a nincompoop and he and those like him give all of us a bad name. Whatever rights we in this country come from the Constitiution. The only "natural" rights are rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    Try again. "Among these" means including but not limited to. My right to defend my life and liberty are given by God, not the Constitution which only enumerates these rights.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Sorry RetSup, God meant a 1911, for he said " let your peace be " steel".
    RETSUPT99, OD* and carracer like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Verily, verily I say unto thee, go forth and SIG no more.
    RETSUPT99, JoeK, OD* and 1 others like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    liked the article anytime we can talk guns and god gonna be a great day tomorrow
    miklcolt45, RichB70 and carracer like this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

No way is a having a weapon God given. Seems to me (if one goes along with there being a God) when God created all of this there were no guns.

The founding fathers gave us that right and wrote it in the most simplistic way so it was easy to comprehend. However the Supreme Court and federal/state legislators made it complicated an murky. The federal government is the worst offender of the 2nd amendment.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Administrator
    In the Old testament Moses (the "Commander" of the Israelite people) was an abbreviation for John Moses Browning.
    Not sure but, I think that Old testament was written in 1911 BC.
    The people of Israel were wandering in the desert for .45 days and .45 nights.
    Moses came down from Mount Sinai...got really mad...and smashed the tablets containing The Four Sacred Gun Safety Rules when he saw that his people were idolizing a Gold Plated Colt.
    Which were only ever supposed to be fashioned from Blued Steel.

I know my Bible History.

Well he did rule with a Rod of iron, and not polymer:)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    Gun rights are not God-given and inalienable. The writer is a nincompoop and he and those like him give all of us a bad name. Whatever rights we in this country come from the Constitution. The only "natural" rights are rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    You are correct, there are no "gun rights" technically speaking.

The rights that you speak of, "life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are not even granted by God, they were coined in the Declaration of Independence, you know, they document that basically told the King of England to go suck pond water.Or maybe you didn't know since you stated them as "natural rights".

On the other hand, the gift of Life is to be defended at all costs and the Bible consistently implores one to protect it.Since it would be natural to assume that it was to be protected, then it would be natural to use whatever the common weapon was, whether it be a rock, a stick, a sling, a bow, a sword, a gun, it shouldn't matter as long as the tool to help keep that life was sufficient.

As for Liberty, keeping that liberty would assume that one would defend himself from those that would enslave him. Its an unfortunate fact that some people have to be killed so that we stay free, because they would stop at nothing to take slaves or just kill us for the simple reason that they can have our stuff.

On to the pursuit of happiness. If some tyrant were harassing me or my family, at some point in time I would cease to be happy. Only when that harassment ceased, could I continue on with my happiness. That might include killing the offender if he were too stupid to understand anything but death. I might continue on with happiness when his rotting corpse happened to fertilize the ground that I was raising flowers on.

As for being a nincompoop for stating his opinion, well, thats just a difference of opinion.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    Moses came down from Mount Sinai...got really mad...and smashed the tablets containing The Four Sacred Gun Safety Rules when he saw that his people were idolizing a Gold Plated Colt.
    And all this time I thought that the golden calf eventually morphed into the Colt Pony used on all Colt products because he SHOT the heck out of the golden calf, blowing it into smithereens and the people that knew it as a calf all died after 40 years of walking around the desert, and the people only had crude hand drawn examples painted on camel skins that eventually wore out after being carried in camel packs for so long, which caused a new drawing to be made, of a rampant Colt, trying to jump a fence when Moses shot it.

I must have got my wires crossed. Thank you for clearing that up...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    Our constitution guarantees that the government will not take away our natural (or God given) rights. The other intent of the constitution is to limit the federal government in its ability to mandate what states must do or may do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    No way is a having a weapon God given. Seems to me (if one goes along with there being a God) when God created all of this there were no guns.

The founding fathers gave us that right and wrote it in the most simplistic way so it was easy to comprehend. However the Supreme Court and federal/state legislators made it complicated an murky. The federal government is the worst offender of the 2nd amendment.

God didn't create swords, either. Yet, he told his followers to go buy them (even if they had to sell their coats to afford them).

The right of self defense is intrinsic. The method and means are choices.
    tkruf, phreddy, Lotus222 and 1 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links