Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores - Page 3

Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores

This is a discussion on Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Eagleks We'll take Walker down here, we're not a buckle under for the Govt Employee Union state here. In fact, it's illegal ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    We'll take Walker down here, we're not a buckle under for the Govt Employee Union state here. In fact, it's illegal to have certain Govt Employee Unions here. Yes Fireman, Police, and similar can have "Associations", which are in essence Unions in disguise here, but .... they are extremely limited and didn't have the strangle hold on the State they seem to have in Wisconsin (even requiring the State to buy healthcare from a Union subsidiary that could set it's own price). Talk about some corruption.
    A guy who is not even from this state who gets it! The teachers union own insurance company has been raping tax payers for years by charging inflated rates because they had a monoply on the market. Low and behold now with the new law, school districts are saving all sorts of money that they are giving teachers raises all because they can now shop for the best insurance policies.

But some people in this state believe we would be better off with Doyle as gov. If you think Doyle would be better or vote for Barrett on June 5th, then surrender your CCW permit! You wouldn't have it if either of them were governor.

You can take Walker. You may want to wait until the FBI finishes their investigation on Walker for violating election laws first. He may end up bunking with Rod Blagojevich soon enough.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    It amazes me how people follow the NRA no matter what the say as if it was the gospel.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BWillis57 View Post
    If Gander Mountain isn't willing to support an organization which fights for our gun rights, then I'm going to spend my money elsewhere,
    um, what does fighting for gun rights have to do with today's NRA?

a group that has constantly pushed legislation that restricts guns in some areas and added language to bills to kill them because THEY didn't sponsor them isn't fighting for our rights, they are out for self promotion.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    You can take Walker. You may want to wait until the FBI finishes their investigation on Walker for violating election laws first. He may end up bunking with Rod Blagojevich soon enough.
    I may be wrong on this, but all the reports I heard, from the FBI and Walker, say he is not under investigation, but is cooperating with the investigation of his workers.
    Walk softly ...

If that is true, then he's violated another state law by setting up a defense fund for his role in his election campaign. You can only have a defense fund established if you are being investigated, or charged.

I have not seen anything released by the FBI about the investigation. Walker has made claims, yes, but his lips say one thing and his actions say another.

Everything will be sorted out in time.

Wow this got off track.
    But facts are Walker called for the investigation. Then of course a Rouge Liberal DA tried to play politics with it.
    Funny he did not look into Barret's no bid contacts for the city, but we won't go there.
    Back to the subject If Gander wants to hang with the Madison 99%ers and anti gun crowd that is their right.
    Just as it is my right to shop elsewhere.
    Union Walker supporter

Never been in a Gander Mountain Store. Never will either after hearing about this one.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Sorry I don't buy it's apolitical. Pick a side. Don't be " I can see both sides" type. The customer base is outdoors people, they support gander mountain. Kicking them out is choice. They need to grow a pair a pick a side.
    My guess, as you have pointed out, is to cater to both union and non-union outdoors men. I suspect the unions threatened to tell all it's members not to buy there and they will picket the stores. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think it's a shame the union is putting its members up against NRA members. No matter how you look at it, thats whats happening. Taking the middle of the road puts you in a cross fire. So now the unions are going to attack businesses for political gain. Talk about shooing yourself in the foot. If I was Gander I'd give the union the same finger I drive with. They made their choice and now they need to live with it. I haven't seen any Gander Mountains here in Missouri but if I did I wouldn't buy from them. If Cabellas or Bass Pro did that i wouldnt buy from them either. The NRA isn't perfect but I'd take the NRA to protect my gun rights over the Union leadership any day.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Wow. You don't understand the legislative process. Go back and take a high school civics course. It would be very enlightening for you. It will take a lot more change than the Governor to take away what was recently passed. Simple fact.

It's not that the NRA-ILA was kicked out permanently. It's that the anti-Walker sentiment is so great they canceled the WALKER specific events. That the events were to support Walker directly came from the NRA-ILA e-mail I received yesterday. Yes, they would have covered more than supporting Walker, but that is the main focus of the meetings.

Like it or not, this was a decision based on that fact. Walker has done many things, and many people dislike him for his actions.
    And many of us support him and will work to keep him.
    The teachers do not run this state any more.
    And bet you weapon They will repeal CC I am a Union member and this gets talked about at the Hate Walker meetings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links