Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores

This is a discussion on Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gander mountain appeased anti-gunners by kicking the NRA out of two Wisconsin stores. details at: Gander Mountain Kicks the NRA out of Wisconsin stores. « ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Gander Mountain kicks the NRA out of WI stores

Gander mountain appeased anti-gunners by kicking the NRA out of two Wisconsin stores.

details at: Gander Mountain Kicks the NRA out of Wisconsin stores. « The OODA Loop

This is not about the NRA--it is about Wisconsin Governor Walker. I think he needs to go, but irrespective, Gander Mountain has a right to be apolitical.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Agreed. It's not the NRA per se, they just don't want their stores to be politicized.
    rickohio and Sig35seven like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have bought many guns from Gander Mountain.I will not support them any longer if this is true.BOA,Gander.on the doodoo list.
    Crowman likes this.

I'm not a big fan of Gander Mtn. anyway. This makes me dislike them more.
    ANGLICO and atctimmy like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I agree that Gander Mountain has the right to stay apolitical. However, if that's what they wanted, then they shouldn't have held NRA / ILA meetings there in the first place. By hosting the NRA/ILA they have benefitted from the implied endorsement of the NRA, and brought in gunowners to their stores.

Whatever you think of Walker's union stance, I personally agree with it, Walker has been good to gun owners. We fought for 10 years in this state to obtain concealed carry, legislation with Walker supported and signed into law. By withdrawing their hosting of the NRA, Gander Mountain made a statement as political as if they allowed the event to proceed.

If Gander Mountain isn't willing to support an organization which fights for our gun rights, then I'm going to spend my money elsewhere, like Mill's Fleet Farm or Cabelas. This wasn't just a Pro-walker event it was about electing pro-gun representatives, which Tom Barrett is not.

From the Wall Street Journal Blog:
    "In 2004, he was elected mayor of Milwaukee, where he was taken on reform of the city’s troubled schools, championed gun control and fostered efforts to turn to the city into a hub of freshwater research and business."

Meet Tom Barrett, Wisconsin Gov. Walker’s Challenger - Washington Wire - WSJ

This is the same thing the NRA does everywhere. If Gander Mountain doesn't want to fight for our gun rights, then they don't deserve my gun money.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    How can they say they want to be "apolitical" when they have had NRA-ILA workshops at Gander Mountain in the past? The NRA-ILA is totally political.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    How can they say they want to be "apolitical" when they have had NRA-ILA workshops at Gander Mountain in the past? The NRA-ILA is totally political.
    So they were political in the past and are now becoming "apolitical". That is unless they are now allowing someone else to hold political events at their facilities.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So they were political in the past and are now becoming "apolitical". That is unless they are now allowing someone else to hold political events at their facilities.
    The problem is that it is hard to close that door once you open it. They are succumbing to political pressure to kick NRA-ILA out. This does not make them less of a target. It just makes them a bigger mark for next time. The anti-Walker forces know that Gander will cave.

I stopped buying firearms from Gander Mtn a few years ago when they wanted me to pay $250 for a Mosin Nagant, and then a few months later when they wanted me to pay $75 to transfer a firearm.

I went in the other day because I play with the stuff there, and go down the road to the new gun shop that is more than happy to special order almost anything (although they have an extremely impressive stock for only being open six months), and they were asking $1,100 for a base level Bushmaster. The clerk was even steering me towards that while I was playing with an SP6920 they had.

Did they completely forget what kind of person shops at their stores?

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    This is not about the NRA--it is about Wisconsin Governor Walker. I think he needs to go, but irrespective, Gander Mountain has a right to be apolitical.
    If he goes, are CC privliges will be chop to the point it wont be worth the card it is printed on...

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    If he goes, are CC privliges will be chop to the point it wont be worth the card it is printed on...
    Wow. You don't understand the legislative process. Go back and take a high school civics course. It would be very enlightening for you. It will take a lot more change than the Governor to take away what was recently passed. Simple fact.

It's not that the NRA-ILA was kicked out permanently. It's that the anti-Walker sentiment is so great they canceled the WALKER specific events. That the events were to support Walker directly came from the NRA-ILA e-mail I received yesterday. Yes, they would have covered more than supporting Walker, but that is the main focus of the meetings.

Like it or not, this was a decision based on that fact. Walker has done many things, and many people dislike him for his actions.

Big Box stores like Ganger Mountain, Cabela's & Bass Pro are wonderful to go look at and handle guns. Then you go to the mom & pop stores where you can get a reasonable price & get them to order you what you fondled elsewhere.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Sorry I don't buy it's apolitical. Pick a side. Don't be " I can see both sides" type. The customer base is outdoors people, they support gander mountain. Kicking them out is choice. They need to grow a pair a pick a side.
    64zebra likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Realistically though, a lot of those union thugs need to get their guns somewhere too. I think it is the union part, not the gun part that they are trying to distance themselves from, it is just hard to see that. We don't have them out here, but I will continue to not buy anything from them.
    Walk softly ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links