Congress moves to stop states from stepping on Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Congress moves to stop states from stepping on Second Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Law-abiding gun owners can run into serious trouble when on the move. Venturing into firearm-unfriendly states creates confusion about what individuals need to do to ...

Thread: Congress moves to stop states from stepping on Second Amendment

"Law-abiding gun owners can run into serious trouble when on the move. Venturing into firearm-unfriendly states creates confusion about what individuals need to do to abide by a confusing maze of regulations. Congress should act to prevent honest citizens from winding up behind bars because police are misinformed."

MILLER: Have gun, will travel - Washington Times

MILLER: Soldier wants his guns back, Congress up in arms - Washington Times
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I maintain two residences, one in a gun friendly state, Florida and the other in Illinois, not so much. I don't like to leave guns in a house that is vacant for extended periods of time so I take them with when traveling between houses. Although I have never been stopped, I am always nervous when I cross the border into the communist state of IL. Even having the guns unloaded and locked in a gun safe in my 5th-wheel makes me wonder if I would be vulnerable to harassment and prosecution by county commissars trying to make points. With greater numbers of guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens, than ever before, it's about time we get some consistent enforcement of federal laws without the confiscation, detainment and harassment that can turn a pleasure trip into ones worst nightmare.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Links