Just A Thought Aboiut H.R. 822

This is a discussion on Just A Thought Aboiut H.R. 822 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw comments on a post on facebook from the NRA-ILA about H.R. 822 (National Reciprocity Act of 2011) and how it is stuck in ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tkruf
  • 1 Post By BigStick

Thread: Just A Thought Aboiut H.R. 822

Just saw comments on a post on facebook from the NRA-ILA about H.R. 822 (National Reciprocity Act of 2011) and how it is stuck in the Senate. Some of the posts on it are from people that are against the bill because they say it's another step closer to gun registration. Now this has already been hashed out on many forums, even on this one, but I just had a thought concerning this matter.

One of the reasons some people are against H.R. 822 is because they say that their state has "higher" standards for people to get a concealed carry permit than some other states, and this is why they do not honor those states permits. They therefore should not be forced to honor a permit from other states which have "lower" standards for permit issuance.

WELL, WHAT IF: the great State of Virginia suddenly passed a State law and said that they are no longer going to recognize driver's licenses from New York anymore because they have a lower standard of testing for driver licenses, the people up there don't know how to drive, and we don't want them driving through our state. If we stop someone driving through Virginia with a NY driver license, we're going to arrest them, confiscate their car, and they'll never get it back. Maybe we'll let them plea bargain for a misdemeanor, but we'll keep their vehicle. How would Michael Bloomberg like that? Or Harry Reid for that matter. WHAT IF: several states said they would no longer recognize Nevada's driver license. Harry Reid would not be able to drive in those states. Now I don't think he would like that.

Just venting.
    NH_Esau likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Aside from believing that all CCW license/permit requirements go against the intent of The Constitution, I'm with you on this.

With one caveat: I'm all for MA (especially Boston) drivers to be required to have a non-resident DL to go anywhere outside of their state!

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    One more issue to divide a nation that is already coming apart on political, ethnic, socioeconomic, religious, and racial divides.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would add to your rant that driving is not a right, while the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    tkruf likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Sponsored Links