Grants aid rifle range at no cost to city of Casa Grande (Arizona)

This is a discussion on Grants aid rifle range at no cost to city of Casa Grande (Arizona) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I love to hear this kind of news.... Two grants will help finish another project for improving the Elzy Pearson Rifle Range, the Casa Grande ...

Thread: Grants aid rifle range at no cost to city of Casa Grande (Arizona)

DC Founder

Grants aid rifle range at no cost to city of Casa Grande (Arizona)

I love to hear this kind of news....

Two grants will help finish another project for improving the Elzy Pearson Rifle Range, the Casa Grande City Council was told Tuesday night.

Community Services Director Mary Johnson said the Arizona Game and Fish Department had offered a $25,000 grant if the same amount were matched by Casa Grande. That matching money, she said, would be an earlier $25,000 grant from Friends of NRA. Approval by the council was unanimous.

A memo from Johnson said the city intends to build a shooting and shade ramada and shooting benches on bays one and two, put in tiered bleachers, put up additional signs explaining the range rules and enclose the area with chain-link fencing.

"I want to compliment Parks and Rec for all the work you guys have done to get both grants so that this is being done without any expense to the city," Councilman Dick Powell said. Powell said many people use the range and "although I'm not one of them, I'm very impressed with what's going on out there."

Johnson said the grants were through combined efforts of her department, the Finance Department and Public Works Department.

"These projects come together and continue to get a great deal of activity out there. We want to continue to provide improvements and address safety and security."

Mayor Chuck Walton said "it ought to be noted, too, that not every community is blessed to have the Friends of the NRA make such a generous donation."

Johnson said the group is one of the largest fundraising NRA groups in the nation, "they're very well respected nationwide and they're very interested in programs for children and families and they're just great supporters and they're a great resource for myself, because I, like council member Powell, am not a shooter and I've learned a lot over the last few years about the enthusiasts and the good shooters that are out there. So, you're right, we have a great NRA group here locally."

Walton said that when the group's next fundraising event comes up, residents should "get their checkbooks out and support the local NRA, because they are one of the greatest fundraisers for the NRA in the United States, right here in Casa Grande, Arizona."
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I support at least one Friends of the NRA event each year and sometimes more than one as my schedule allows. It is nice to get together with like minded folks and talk about guns, hunting, shooting etc. In two weeks I'll be attending the event in Fairfax, VA. They always run a good event and having lived in the area for 21 years I know a fair few people around there as well. I always sign up at a sponser level of some sort. The club I was the President of before I moved always received $1000+ for our YHEC team and had in the past received much more for range improvements. I would encourage folks to support the FoNRA events in their areas.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Links