Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor

This is a discussion on Letter to the Editor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...1/15489904.htm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter to the Editor

Senior Moderator
    Well done!

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Assistant Administrator
    Lawful gun owners are among the most disciplined, responsible, safety conscious and courteous people. They are the single most law-abiding segment of our society.
    Here here!!!

I just wish we were not always tarred with the bad guy brush by the anti's.

Nice job Cory - says it all very nicely. If only ''they'' would listen, learn and apply logic
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Nice Letter...

why can't people understand this simple principle?

Politicians...I stand by my sig...below!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Thanks for posting the link to this cogent letter!

Added--assuming you are the author, congratulations are due as well. If you're not, congratulate the author for us!
    Last edited by falcon1; September 11th, 2006 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Additional information

JD
    Administrator
    +1 from your neighbor to the south

VIP Member
    Well written. We can hope the painfully easy logic penetrated a couple of minds. We can hope...
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

was anyone as suprised as I was w/ the 40% number? I'm in Northampton county (adjacent to the north of Bucks county) and I find it hard to believe that number. If it is accurate, then there should be a public campaign to get the other almost 60% .

I wish Northampton had that percentage of CCW.

DC Founder
    Great letter to the editor. We all should be doing the same thing every time someone attacks gun rights. Thanks!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thanks. The 40% figure was in the paper in an article about the AWB. I was surprised, too, but a lot of people in fact do have it; my dentist for one (which I found out yesterday at a picnic).
    Check out CCM next month for something interesting on writing Letters. This latest one was edited, but still maintained it's gist. Sometimes the editors ruin them and sometimes they actually improve them. I'd say that my original was better, but the hack-job wasn't too bad.
    I will say, though, that Bryan Miller now officially does not like me. He's the head of CeasefireNJ and blames everything on guns. He's not fun and has named me by name in several of his public rants. That, I must say, is fun.
    Responding to hysterics is crucial. It's lonely and seemingly futile, but I got an email today from someone who's had an old Letter of mine on his refrigerator for a few years now. It does make a difference. Stupid people suck, but they're not going away.

Assistant Administrator
    It's lonely and seemingly futile
    True enough but - each time we try it does at least shake up the sheep camp

Kudos for taking the time and effort Cory - we just have to keep pickin away
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Well written letter. And since you say he is "responding" to you by name, you have him worried! Keep up the good work.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I try as often as possible to bring up counterpoints whenever I see an article in the paper or other media that paints guns as evil. Unfortunately, it seems that todays's world is somehow instilling a sense of insurmountable fear and paranoia surroung guns. Just a few days ago, I was at a friend's house, we were all playing a board game and somehow the discussion got steered towards gun control. A few mutual "friends" of ours were there as well, and they started spouting off about how guns are the epitome of evil, how so-and-so's brother was killed in Iraq from a gun shot, etc. etc... So I simply asked, "When's the last time you saw a gun get up and shoot someone?"

They got all defensive and started arguing with me. Ed (a much better friend of mine, we were at his house) then slipped some comment about how he feels safer when hanging out with me because of it (he knows I carry). The others gave me this huge, wide-eyed stare, and asked me point blank if I had a gun on me. I shrugged and asked why it matters. The one freaked out and ran out of the house, and the other called me a terrorist and followed her out.

You just can't win anymore... :(

VIP Member
    Excellent letter. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I try as often as possible to bring up counterpoints whenever I see an article in the paper or other media that paints guns as evil. Unfortunately, it seems that todays's world is somehow instilling a sense of insurmountable fear and paranoia surroung guns. Just a few days ago, I was at a friend's house, we were all playing a board game and somehow the discussion got steered towards gun control. A few mutual "friends" of ours were there as well, and they started spouting off about how guns are the epitome of evil, how so-and-so's brother was killed in Iraq from a gun shot, etc. etc... So I simply asked, "When's the last time you saw a gun get up and shoot someone?"

They got all defensive and started arguing with me. Ed (a much better friend of mine, we were at his house) then slipped some comment about how he feels safer when hanging out with me because of it (he knows I carry). The others gave me this huge, wide-eyed stare, and asked me point blank if I had a gun on me. I shrugged and asked why it matters. The one freaked out and ran out of the house, and the other called me a terrorist and followed her out.

You just can't win anymore... :(

That has got to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. I have a friend who I have "spirited discussions" with every now and then, and when it comes to guns, it always seems to end with her deciding she doesn't want to talk about it anymore. One of these days, the logic will get through... maybe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links