Any thoughts on where this idea came from?

This is a discussion on Any thoughts on where this idea came from? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; QUOTE]I was talking with a guy at work today about buying ammo, and he made some comment about how you can only buy so much ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Any thoughts on where this idea came from?

QUOTE]I was talking with a guy at work today about buying ammo, and he made some comment about how you can only buy so much before the feds will come knocking and asking questions.[/QUOTE]

How do the feds know who bought how much? In most states you simply pay for the ammunition. Someone from the store loads your pallets of ammunition in your pickup using a fork lift. You head home noticing how heavy and unresponsive the truck is.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've purchased many 'thousands' of rounds of ammo without any problems...wait a minute...there are big black suburbans outside my home, sorry...gotta' go now!
    It's not the Suburbans you've got to worry about , it's the black silent helos.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

pretty sure thats a "no". The government usually can't keep track of their own tail end... Let alone who has how much ammo..
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

The RFID chip in the ammo box talks the the RFID chip in your DL, and they send a joint message to the Bureau of Ammunition Shopping Tracking And Records and Data Storage. (Figure the acronym for that one!)
    JDE101 likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Probably read it on the internet. You know everything you read on the internet is gospel, like this headline I came across....

Feds Buying Up All Surplus Ammo, Ordering Stores To Cease Sales?

That one was news to me and the post was from back in March.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBob View Post
    He probably heard it on eithr Fox News or from an NRA bulletin. They make up stuff like that to keep people entertained...
    They make up stuff like that to keep people AFRAID
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

OP, tell your friend he can take his tin foil hat off. How are they going to know how much ammo you are buying? I go buy ammo at Dick's or WallyWorld or Gander, etc., they don't know my name and address. Now if you ordered a semi-truck load of 5.56 or 7.62 and had it delivered to your house, someone might take notice.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Actually, it probably came from one of those news articles about someone's "arsenal" of three guns and "cache" of two thousand rounds of ammunition...

I don't know anyone who ones one gun that doesn't own at least three or four, and "two thousand rounds" of ammunition is generally referred to as "almost out", but according to the media...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member
    I generally budget between $150 and $300 each month for ammo purchases and we all know that it doesn't take too much range time to rip through that amount of rounds.
    I shoot a variety of calibers, but I really love to shoot rimfire for the sheer number of bangs-per-buck and my M&P 15-22 makes a lot of bangs on range day :) When I buy 22's, it's usually 5,000 or 10,000 rounds at a time and nobody even blinks at that. Most other calibers are at least 500 per order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links