History repeats itself - Venezuela bans private gun ownership

This is a discussion on History repeats itself - Venezuela bans private gun ownership within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A good test case of the viability of a gun ban. We'll see where the citizens of Venezuela are after the ban has been in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: History repeats itself - Venezuela bans private gun ownership

A good test case of the viability of a gun ban. We'll see where the citizens of Venezuela are after the ban has been in place 1yr, 5yrs, etc. Hopefully they'll come to their senses before too long. Incidence of crime ain't about firearms. They're about to find that out. May we never have to, here in the USA.
    oneshot likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Oh no the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    A good test case of the viability of a gun ban. We'll see where the citizens of Venezuela are after the ban has been in place 1yr, 5yrs, etc.
    I think we already know where this'll end up for Chavez's subjects........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Since when did the NRA work for everyone world wide? (National) rifle association? What is 'national'? Same as global? Much of the world need not know the term 'politician'. They know who rules and who kills those who won't obey.
    I think it's high time we let the rest of the world take care of themselves and us (U.S.....as in United?) take care of ourselves. Just one of those days I apparently have that feeling I reckon. Don't mind me....it will pass...but the 4th of July is coming up fast. Home is where the love is. We can always wish for someone else. Amen.
    When I think of a "grass roots" effort.......I'm not thinking of running barefoot through the plains of South Africa or the outback of Australia. Comprende?
    Talk to me more about history and where it should be.
    I doubt it the NRA does much outside the US, I'm sure they read the news. However, my point was made about our 2A situation, not any other country, and attempting to keep us strong by looking at our "neighbors", see what's happening to them, and prevent it from happening here. If we relax our 2A efforts we'll wake up one day without it. I hope that clarifies my post.
    Last edited by ppkheat; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

That's because Chavez's Doctor leaked he's in stage 4 of his cancer and not likely to live more than 2 more months, at most. They are preparing for the uprising they "should" expect to occur. They have a lot of ways to get and hide weapons there.... by the civilian population for an uprising. Within a couple of months, Chavez will be history.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Funny thing is..... it WILL happen here. Because everyone wants to believe that there is really a left and a right and that there is politicians and patriots.

What a joke and the worst part is ... everyone here probably thinks I am just a loon. Well i'll be laughing when everyone has computer chips implanted in their hands and guns are only in the hands of their slave master puppeteers.

Just a matter of time. The tree of liberty doesnt need blood of tyrants and patriots from time to time. It needs an ocean of blood to keep it alive at this point.

Heck the tree of liberty has probably been genetically modified to make it's own pesticides against patriot and tyrant blood by Conagra and Monsanto Corporations that everyone just keeps on paying their money to buying canned corn and cocacola.

Enjoy your lives while you remain plugged into the matrix.

I am going to live mine unplugged and free, maybe not legally, or physically but in my mind I know the truth about this world. Good luck in your google searches trying to prove im an idiot. The NSA is just recording your searches anyways.
    Stubborn likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Funny thing is..... it WILL happen here. Because everyone wants to believe that there is really a left and a right and that there is politicians and patriots.

What a joke and the worst part is ... everyone here probably thinks I am just a loon. Well i'll be laughing when everyone has computer chips implanted in their hands and guns are only in the hands of their slave master puppeteers.

Just a matter of time. The tree of liberty doesnt need blood of tyrants and patriots from time to time. It needs an ocean of blood to keep it alive at this point.

Heck the tree of liberty has probably been genetically modified to make it's own pesticides against patriot and tyrant blood by Conagra and Monsanto Corporations that everyone just keeps on paying their money to buying canned corn and cocacola.

Enjoy your lives while you remain plugged into the matrix.

I am going to live mine unplugged and free, maybe not legally, or physically but in my mind I know the truth about this world. Good luck in your google searches trying to prove im an idiot. The NSA is just recording your searches anyways.
    Loon or not, if the end goal is for people to drop collectivism from their thinking and observe basic negative liberties without going any further, then I like it. The idea of "gun rights" shouldn't even have to be anything special, since they should fall under basic property rights. After all, they are property like any other inanimate object. They shouldn't be treated any differently, and there should be no third party to interfere with any mutually voluntary transactions of any kind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links