Are your tax $s paying anti-gun lobbyists

This is a discussion on Are your tax $s paying anti-gun lobbyists within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Scandal! Cities pay anti-gun lobbyists ** SCANDAL! CITIES PAY ANTI-GUN LOBBYISTS By Jeff Knox May 25, 2012 Cities around the country have created staff positions ...

Thread: Are your tax $s paying anti-gun lobbyists

VIP Member

Thumbs down Are your tax $s paying anti-gun lobbyists

Scandal! Cities pay anti-gun lobbyists

SCANDAL! CITIES PAY ANTI-GUN LOBBYISTS
    By Jeff Knox
    May 25, 2012

Cities around the country have created staff positions for professional lobbyists whose primary function is to drum up support for anti-gun legislation, ordinances and regulations. Part of these lobbyists salaries are being paid by grants from do-gooder foundations like the Joyce Foundation, but the balance of salaries, benefits and support costs are being borne by you, the taxpayer.

An associate of mine in Florida named Sean Caranna was doing some research for his grassroots rights organization, Florida Carry, Inc., when he came across something on the agenda of the Orlando City Council that he immediately recognized as a serious problem.

The item was for the renewal of a contract for a city employee. That's mundane enough, but the job title of this particular employee was Mayors Against Illegal Guns regional coordinator, and the job description is to play an integral role in the coordination and planning of gun crime prevention and illegal gun-related initiatives, events and media opportunities in the city and in the region (the full council agenda and detailed information can be found on the City of Orlando website).

SNIP

I'm asking all of the members of The Firearms Coalition and all of my readers to help us locate these taxpayer funded anti-rights lobbyists. You can find a list of all of the participating mayors on the MAIG website and then launch your own investigation into any of them you choose.

SNIP

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

We also have the President illegally allocating funds to anti-gun lobbying. Congress should bring the President up on contempt charges for violating the laws they passed.

Links