"Stand Your Ground" Gets Lots of Ink In Tampa

This is a discussion on "Stand Your Ground" Gets Lots of Ink In Tampa within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A lengthy article, but worth a read. Florida 'stand your ground' law yields some shocking outcomes depending on how law is applied - Tampa Bay ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ericb327

Thread: "Stand Your Ground" Gets Lots of Ink In Tampa

VIP Member

"Stand Your Ground" Gets Lots of Ink In Tampa

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I'm three double Bourbons in. I'll read it tomorrow. Lol
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

People often go free under "stand your ground" in cases that seem to make a mockery of what lawmakers intended. One man killed two unarmed people and walked out of jail. Another shot a man as he lay on the ground. Others went free after shooting their victims in the back. In nearly a third of the cases the Times analyzed, defendants initiated the fight, shot an unarmed person or pursued their victim — and still went free.
    The new law only requires law enforcement and the justice system to ask three questions in self-defense cases: Did the defendant have the right to be there? Was he engaged in a lawful activity? Could he reasonably have been in fear of death or great bodily harm?
    they make it sound so easy to get off

Not a very level article. How about being upset at the application of the law, not the law itself. If the law is being misapplied, why not a single interview of a DA or judge? I found this article substandard. It appears the writers are more concerned with 'stirring the pot' than a true discussion on SYG law.

Links