Florida SYG Task Force meeting to be open for comment.

This is a discussion on Florida SYG Task Force meeting to be open for comment. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got in this my email today. I'm sure other Florida people did too. I didn't see it posted here. **Florida Alert: Task Force on ...

Thread: Florida SYG Task Force meeting to be open for comment.

Florida SYG Task Force meeting to be open for comment.

I got in this my email today. I'm sure other Florida people did too. I didn't see it posted here.

**Florida Alert: Task Force on "Castle Doctrine" to Allow Public Comment*
    *DATE:****** June 4, 2012
    TO:********** *NRA & Unified Sportsmen of Florida Members and Friends
    ***************** *USF Executive Directorr
    **************** **NRA Past President

The Governorís Task Force on Citizen Safety and Protection a.k.a.*the Governor's Task Force on the "Castle Doctrine / Stand Your Ground" law will hold its second meeting in central Florida.

DATE:****************************** June 12, 2012
    TIME:****************************** *9:00am - 5:00pm
    PUBLIC COMMENT:****Begins at 1:00pm
    PLACE:**************************** *NorthLand Church
    **************************************** ** 530 Dog Track Road
    **************************************** ** Longwood, Florida

The 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. meeting will take a one hour break at noon.* According to the Governor's office release, speakers will be allowed on a first come, first served basis.

The Florida Channel will stream the meeting online at*http://thefloridachannel.org
    *and hopefully on your local Florida Channel on*television as well.**

The task force was created following the shooting of Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch*member*George Zimmerman in Sanford.

National agitators, numerous state legislators and congressional representatives have been trying to undermine your basic right of self-defense by calling for the repeal of or damaging changes to Florida's "Castle Doctrine" law.

If you want to be heard on maintaining your self-defense rights and cannot attend the meeting in Longwood, you may send an e-mail to the Task Force to express your views.

THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS:**CitizenSafety@eog.myflorida.com

Anybody plan on going? I can't go but I've written an email.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

2. Remove Ads

I didn't know about the meeting until this morning when I saw it on the news. I've been looking this morning for a list of other upcoming meeting but can't find any. Are you aware of a list of scheduled meetings? I'd be interested in going. Although I didn't find out about this one until it was too late, I probably would have avoided it anyway since the Martins are having a rally and march prior to it. The news states they are delivering a petition with over 340,000 signatures to repeal the law, although I would guess a good number of those are out of state.

How'd you get othe email list to be notified of the meeting? Thanks for the email address for the task force, I'll work on that now.

The NRA sent it to me. I assume lots of others diid too.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

VIP Member
    Has there been any mention of when the task force will present their findings to the governor and if their findings will be published?
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thanks for posting, I sent an e-mail with my opinion and recieved an acknowledgement notice.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Links