Defensive Carry banner

Democrat to offer bill repealing 'Stand Your Ground' laws

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  apvbguy 
#1 ·
Here's the latest effort to roll back our right to defend ourselves. It's going nowhere but I'm guessing it will make a big splash on the MSM news while deflecting attention away from the bad economy and high jobless rate.

Democrat to offer bill repealing 'Stand Your Ground' laws

#2 ·
She is an absolute nut ball, she makes the news regularly with her comments that make her part of the redical race baiters in Congress along with Sheila Lee and Maxine Waters. She blames everything on racist Tea Party members. Its laughable but then somebody votes for her and it is not so funny...

#5 ·
There's nothing wrong with the law, unless you're a criminal. What's wrong is we don't prosecute these criminals in our revolving door justice system. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm hoping Zimmerman goes down hard. If he walks, start kissing your rights good-bye.

#8 ·
Every time a minority wannabe is killed in a drug deal, traffic accident or criminal act he/she is vilified in the media as a good kid, just turning their life around, happy-go-lucky or just trying to have some fun type. I can't believe there has been so much blame heaped on Zimmerman with so little evidence being that he is the only witness and none of the facts dispute his claims, so far. Of all the SYG cases sited by the media, this is the weakest example of abuse of the law because there is so little evidence other than the statements of the accused. What ever happened to the innocent until proven guilty part of the law. I don't give a whit about Zimmerman or Travon Martin but It galls me that the case has been blown way out of proportion and already tried in the liberal, anti-gun Florida media. Where's all that left-wing righteous indignation when elected officials are caught with their hands in the cookie jar?

#9 ·
that pig masquerading as a member of congress has absolutely zero credibility among her peers and the fact that she is a democrap in the REPUBLICAN controlled house means that the bill will never see the light of day, it is DOA

#14 ·
Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said eliminating such laws might have prevented February’s fatal confrontation...

Yeah, right...:banghead:

#15 · (Edited)
Sounds an awful lot like blackmail to me. The fed telling the states what laws they can pass,what laws they can't pass,what laws they must repeal,or we will hurt you economically. Sound like a typical liberal plan of complete control over their subjects. You do what we tell you or else. No wonder there was a war between the states. Getting close to needing another one.

#17 ·
Sounds an awful lot like blackmail to me. The fed telling the states what laws they can pass,what laws they can't pass,what laws they must repeal,or we will hurt you economically. Sound like a typical liberal plan of complete control over their subjects. You do what we tell you or else. No wonder their was a war between the states. Getting close to needing another one.
there is something known as the 10th amendment, too bad it has been trampled to death, if you allow them to trample one amendment why can't they trample them all?

#16 ·
I doubt that Zimmerman was thinking about the Stand Your Ground Law when Trayvon was pounding his head into concrete.....

They keep saying that you should not have the right to be the pursuer/instigator and then use the Stand Your Ground Law as a shield when you pop someone. Cute since there is still not sufficient evidence to conclude who attacked who in the Zimmerman case, but the evidence so far that has been released shows that Trayvon jumped Zimmerman as he was returning to his truck.

BTW, I see that John Edwards is off the hook as the Justice Department has dropped their criminal case for skimming millions off his campaign fund to support his mistress.....yet, the Florida prosecutor had George Zimmermans wife arrested for perjury for lying to a judge about their financial affairs at his bond hearing. I guess it just depends on who you are and what the agenda is and its ok to to be a crook. Prosecutor is now trying to discredit Zimmermans entire family.....just shows she knows she has a very weak case for Second Degree Murder. Desperation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.