Democrat to offer bill repealing 'Stand Your Ground' laws

This is a discussion on Democrat to offer bill repealing 'Stand Your Ground' laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's the latest effort to roll back our right to defend ourselves. It's going nowhere but I'm guessing it will make a big splash on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Democrat to offer bill repealing 'Stand Your Ground' laws

Here's the latest effort to roll back our right to defend ourselves. It's going nowhere but I'm guessing it will make a big splash on the MSM news while deflecting attention away from the bad economy and high jobless rate.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    She is an absolute nut ball, she makes the news regularly with her comments that make her part of the redical race baiters in Congress along with Sheila Lee and Maxine Waters. She blames everything on racist Tea Party members. Its laughable but then somebody votes for her and it is not so funny...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

love the comments section... honest abe and others in a free for all...

This bill isn't gonna see the light of day
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Her constituency must be some of the dumbest people alive.

There's nothing wrong with the law, unless you're a criminal. What's wrong is we don't prosecute these criminals in our revolving door justice system. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm hoping Zimmerman goes down hard. If he walks, start kissing your rights good-bye.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm hoping Zimmerman goes down hard. If he walks, start kissing your rights good-bye.
    Just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the law, unless you're a criminal. What's wrong is we don't prosecute these criminals in our revolving door justice system. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm hoping Zimmerman goes down hard. If he walks, start kissing your BUTTS good-bye.
    My hope is that justice will play out, and that all of the evidence will come forward. If he walks, we will have a Jackson and sharpton sanctioned race war.....
    phreddy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Every time a minority wannabe is killed in a drug deal, traffic accident or criminal act he/she is vilified in the media as a good kid, just turning their life around, happy-go-lucky or just trying to have some fun type. I can't believe there has been so much blame heaped on Zimmerman with so little evidence being that he is the only witness and none of the facts dispute his claims, so far. Of all the SYG cases sited by the media, this is the weakest example of abuse of the law because there is so little evidence other than the statements of the accused. What ever happened to the innocent until proven guilty part of the law. I don't give a whit about Zimmerman or Travon Martin but It galls me that the case has been blown way out of proportion and already tried in the liberal, anti-gun Florida media. Where's all that left-wing righteous indignation when elected officials are caught with their hands in the cookie jar?

that pig masquerading as a member of congress has absolutely zero credibility among her peers and the fact that she is a democrap in the REPUBLICAN controlled house means that the bill will never see the light of day, it is DOA

Who elects these characters.................anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Peers.

I dont understand your comment that Zimmerman go down hard.If he walks, how does that equate to kissing my rights good-bye? Are you saying he is guilty of murder and should pay the penalty for murder?
    paching likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    look at her district, it says it all, for over 20 years there has been sanctioned gerrymandering to create minority districts, districts drawn up where only black could win or only a hispanic could win. shameful!

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said eliminating such laws might have prevented February’s fatal confrontation...

Yeah, right...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sounds an awful lot like blackmail to me. The fed telling the states what laws they can pass,what laws they can't pass,what laws they must repeal,or we will hurt you economically. Sound like a typical liberal plan of complete control over their subjects. You do what we tell you or else. No wonder there was a war between the states. Getting close to needing another one.
    Last edited by RayBar; June 13th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links