MI House votes to eliminate permit to purchase

This is a discussion on MI House votes to eliminate permit to purchase within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One tiny step at a time. Now it goes to the Senate. NRA-ILA | Michigan House Votes Overwhelmingly to Repeal Permit-to-Purchase and Registration...

Thread: MI House votes to eliminate permit to purchase

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

MI House votes to eliminate permit to purchase

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Great news!
    I'm planning to move back to MI at the end of this month, and would love to NOT need to register my handguns with local LE.
    Any idea of the timeline (or likelihood) of this bill becoming law?
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Missouri did this but unfortunately I haven't had the occasion to take advantage yet. Way to go Michigan
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Hi all

I haven't posted here in a long time but wanted to share some updates.

I thought that most members would be interested in the latest developments of these bills. HB 5225, HB 5498, and HB 5499 would mandate total repeal of pistol registration and permit to purchase in our fine state. They have already passed the House, and they are in the Senate Judiciary Committee. If you want to read more about what these bills do or don't believe me, click the link to read a summary by the House Fiscal Agency: [Title] . As an added bonus, the bills mandate destruction of all records within 6 months.

I'm asking you (that's right, you there reading this post) to contact the Senate Judiciary Committee and ask them to vote yes on this bill.

How can you do this?

1.) Click this link to fill out a form to send an email to the committee and enter your name in support of the bill with the committee.

EmailMe Form - Help End Michigan's Handgun Registration!

2.) If you want to send a unique email or call the committee, click the link below to see their contact information.

Michigan State Senate: Judiciary

So far we have over ~120 individuals contact the committee to express their support for the bill.

3. If you're still interested you can read the NRA's opinion of the bill here
    NRA-ILA | Michigan House Votes Overwhelmingly to Repeal Permit-to-Purchase and Registration

I know this is an old thread but here's an update:

One more vote on these bills then onto Snyder. It sailed through the House and Senate Committee.

I haven't been posting this over here because I've been following it on Michigan specific forums but here is an easy link to email your reps if you live in Michigan.

EmailMe Form - Repeal Pistol Registration: Senate Floor Version

And here is a page showing how many emails we've sent so far:

https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/...zCpB8oddjIRa7q

Links