This article made me sick!

This article made me sick!

This is a discussion on This article made me sick! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yet another gift to Ohio's gun lobby: editorial | cleveland.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: This article made me sick!

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Every issue has two sides, otherwise it's not an issue. Nothing to get upset about. Remember what they say about opinions and a-h's.

I'll second that.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

They need a "Plain Dealer" dictionary so that you know that they have different definitions of terms than everyone else:

handgun lobby: the citizens of Ohio
    partisan: bi-partisan
    soften: simplify
    foolishly: prudently

I love the "A note from Elizabeth Sullivan" part. How many outright lies were in the original version?

The author is just another idiot that can't understand that relaxing gun laws affect LAW ABIDING citizens only. You know, the ones that just want to be able to defend themselves and family. Since people like this do their thinking via emotion vs logic, they fail to see that gun laws don't affect criminals because they don't care about law in the first place.

Such a basic jump in logic and some can't see past their emotions to grasp it.
    ericb327 likes this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Now blood will flow down the streets in every city of Ohio, right? Isn't that the arguement?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Such a basic jump in logic and some can't see past their emotions to grasp it.
    That's it in a nutshell right there, and I agree with these people on many other issues.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Heck I don't see a thing wrong with this, after all it had bi-partisan support. I mean anytime a bill is passed into law at either the state or federal level and five Republicans crossover and vote with all the Democrats that is always considered being bi-partisan. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Now blood will flow down the streets in every city of Ohio, right? Isn't that the arguement?
    I'm gonna start wearing pool floaties everywhere I go. Wouldn't want to drown in the blood of my compatriots as is predicted.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Moderator
    As to gifts to the gun lobby, Ohio's slope grows more slippery with every General Assembly session. This could have been predicted -- and was -- when then-Gov. Bob Taft foolishly signed a bill lifting Ohio's concealed-carry ban in January 2004. And a year ago June 30, Kasich, also foolishly, signed a bill allowing holders of concealed-carry permits to take their firearms into bars.
    The author has issues. I think he needs counciling.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Every issue has two sides, otherwise it's not an issue.
    ... other than the reality that widely-read, published opinions can indeed sway the minds of many regarding issues. A fear-mongering type piece, particularly one that goes as far as twisting any research its relying upon, can affect debate and ultimately policy. As well, the tough thing about editorials (as opposed to articles) is that they're generally one-sided, pumping a viewpoint at the expense of another. Once upon a time, some media sources would present side-by-side editorials when the issue was particularly polarizing and the original submission was a singular viewpoint, but sadly such honorable treatment of such issues is generally a long lost tradition. Haven't seen such a thing for years.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

As to gifts to the gun lobby, Ohio's slope grows more slippery with every General Assembly session. This could have been predicted -- and was -- when then-Gov. Bob Taft foolishly signed a bill lifting Ohio's concealed-carry ban in January 2004. And a year ago June 30, Kasich, also foolishly, signed a bill allowing holders of concealed-carry permits to take their firearms into bars.
    In the first year after Virginia allowed CC in restaurants and bars (No drinking alcohol while carrying) the violent crime rate decreased in those places.

Source: Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants | Richmond Times-Dispatch
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Everytime I read something like this or hear somebody like this opening their mouth...I'm reminded of the opening scene from the movie "The Green Berets".

That reporter comes up to the DUKE and starts questioning him on the war in Vietnam and saying bad stuff, the duke responses with, Have you ever been to SE ASIA? reporter replies with "NO", the duke looks at him and just says "I see" turns his back and walks away.

These people have no clue, they have most likely been programmed by a stellar liberal arts college, and have no understanding of how the word around them actually rotates. They are the type that if somebody comes up to them and punches them in the face their response is "thats Illegal" as they get hit over and over and over, they simple can't understand why sombody is hitting them because it is against the law. They are victims and will be victims the rest of their pointless lives.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    In the first year after Virginia allowed CC in restaurants and bars (No drinking alcohol while carrying) the violent crime rate decreased in those places.

Source: Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants | Richmond Times-Dispatch
    I believe Ohio has seen a drop in the last year (since legal restaurant carry began) as well.

Is'nt it funny how some think it's o.k to trash the 2nd amendment,but don't say any thing about trashing the 1st(No protesting around S.S.) and the 4th(unlawful entry and detainment).Hmmm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links