Most Gun Friendly State - Page 2

Most Gun Friendly State

This is a discussion on Most Gun Friendly State within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kentucky should be included because of our use of force laws. Kentucky recognizes all states permits....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Most Gun Friendly State

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Kentucky should be included because of our use of force laws. Kentucky recognizes all states permits.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Kentucky is a Constitutional carry state and OC state. If you get a CCDW License you just show it and you can buy guns without a background check. If you don't have a CCDW License the dealer just makes a phone call and you walk out of the store with your new gun.

Ky has no gun laws at all - They are a 2nd amendment state. It's also a - stand your ground state.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Kentucky is a Constitutional carry state and OC state. If you get a CCDW License you just show it and you can buy guns without a background check. If you don't have a CCDW License the dealer just makes a phone call and you walk out of the store with your new gun.

Ky has no gun laws at all - They are a 2nd amendment state.
    Kentucky is not constitutional carry, the reason. You need a permit. Kentucky does have "gun laws"!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

You DO NOT need a permit to OC in Kentucky or to buy guns. If you want to CC you go to the Sheriff's office and get one. I know - I have one and I OCed before that.

In Our CC class the instructor asked how many gun laws KY has. I answered - none. He told the class that I was right - KY has no gun laws - it's a 2nd amendment state.

The only restrictions are that you cannot be charged with a felony, and convicted, and have a gun and you cannot have one of you're been convicted of spousal abuse.
    Inspector71 likes this.

Ky has no gun laws at all - They are a 2nd amendment state. It's also a - stand your ground state.
    Same here (no calls). We accept ALL other state permits. With a CWL buying a gun not much harder than a pizza. Just the form.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    You DO NOT need a permit to OC in Kentucky. If you want to CC you go to the Sheriff's office and get one. I know - I have one and I OCed before that.

In Our CC class the instructor asked how many gun laws KY has. I answered - none. He told the class that I was right - KY has no gun laws - it's a 2nd amendment state.
    I enjoy visiting family in KY with my gun in tow. Never encountered the first problem with LEO or anyone else there.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I never have either - even when I OCed before I got my CCDW License. You can walk right by a LEO OCing here and they don't even say anything to you about it. I live in Murray.

I OC in Wal-Mart and they have never said anything to me about it or has any other business here in town.

A Kentucky State Trooper lives two houses from me and sometimes I walk for exercise and when I do I OC. He sees me and has never said anything to me about it.

Hey actapplied reciprocity( well kind of sort of )is not a problem WE get 29 states with our easy to get permit. Legal in bars and more places than most states allow.our problem is that the bordering states (5) ohio ny nj de md do not honor that is why we need national reciprocity bill s.2188 to pass in the senate. It has passed in the house already.We can get a florida nonresident and gain 7 more including de and ohio 2bordering states.

Hate to give the Brady bunch any credit, but their state rankings are one place to start when comparing the gun-friendliness of the states. Lower score = more friendly. Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    Any score of 4 or less would be a really friendly place.

South Dakota is one of the least restrictive states. Permitless OC (though I haven't seen anyone doing such in Rapid City), CC permit is quick, easy and cheap. No waiting, no purchase permits, we recognize all other CC permits, no state level NFA restrictions, and two ammo makers here in the Black Hills!
    PistolPat likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Why aren't more saying Montana? Any gun that is manufactured in the state, and remains in the state is exempt from any federal law.

Only a concealed carry permit is required in town, outside of town it is a true constitutional carry. Everyone here owns a gun, and your looked at funny if you don't (okay maybe all of montana except for the liberal cess pool of Missoula).
    hinkleid and PistolPat like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Kentucky scored a 2. I just love it.
    Inspector71 and PistolPat like this.

Montana scored a 2 also. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Why aren't more saying Montana? Any gun that is manufactured in the state, and remains in the state is exempt from any federal law.

Only a concealed carry permit is required in town, outside of town it is a true constitutional carry. Everyone here owns a gun, and your looked at funny if you don't (okay maybe all of montana except for the liberal cess pool of Missoula).

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kentucky.pdf

Add WA to the list. No classes to carry, must issue , OC OK. Even though Seattle and parts if the Eastside are liberal all laws must pass via the constitution. The rest of the state is very pro gun

Apparently the winners are Arizona, Alaska, and Utah with a tie of 0 points each but I'm still glad WV just has 4.
    "Death Overcomes All"
    "All it takes for Evil to triumph is for Good men to stand by and do nothing"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links