Defensive Carry banner

Most Gun Friendly State

20K views 84 replies 50 participants last post by  PistolPat 
#1 ·
I hope I've chosen the correct area to post this.

I've been looking around the Internet trying to see which state(s) are the most friendly towards conceal/open carry and handgun purchase. There are many variables to consider in order to make a decision. Each survey, poll, or article that I have found has only touched on this question. So I gave up on the scientific stuff, and figured I'd ask the folks who would know the most. I'm in Florida and the process of getting a CC permit is a pain in the *** but not when compared to the more oppressive states. Any responses will be entered into my prize of the month drawing which is held ..... :image035::image035:

#83 ·
The Brady bunch gives Florida a 97, but since that is based on 2011 information Florida is actually a 98. Brady gave them a point for some local control of gun laws and that is no longer true (actually was not true at the time either).

#84 ·
most gun friendly

By being friendly I take that to mean most places you can carry a firearm. Utah (sadly) the ONLY state upholding rights to allow guns where our most valued parts of our lives are, schools. Sandy Hook is an example where someone hell bent on evil by shooting kids left them completely at the mercy of the gunman. Sure with out a permit you cannot carry a chambered round but I have never seen or heard from those that do to have ever been stopped and checked. No firearms allowed signs at schools don't protect. In Utah you won't see them at public schools or Universities. Thank goodness for the Western states holding down gun rights for much of the rest of the country.

#85 ·
I am also in Florida and I read in our paper today that lawmakers are trying to get the Stand Your Ground law repealed because of what happened with George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.
When I got my CCW, it took about 6-8 weeks from when I sent it in. There were lots of people trying to get them at that time because of Obama becoming President.
I am very happy that I don't live in NY!
Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.