Most Gun Friendly State - Page 3

Most Gun Friendly State

This is a discussion on Most Gun Friendly State within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Idaho 2 too....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Most Gun Friendly State

Idaho 2 too.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Why aren't more saying Montana? Any gun that is manufactured in the state, and remains in the state is exempt from any federal law.

Only a concealed carry permit is required in town, outside of town it is a true constitutional carry. Everyone here owns a gun, and your looked at funny if you don't (okay maybe all of montana except for the liberal cess pool of Missoula).
    If the Missoula areas wasn't so damn pretty. MT, too me is the most beautiful state of all.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    You DO NOT need a permit to OC in Kentucky or to buy guns. If you want to CC you go to the Sheriff's office and get one. I know - I have one and I OCed before that.

In Our CC class the instructor asked how many gun laws KY has. I answered - none. He told the class that I was right - KY has no gun laws - it's a 2nd amendment state.

The only restrictions are that you cannot be charged with a felony, and convicted, and have a gun and you cannot have one of you're been convicted of spousal abuse.
    I also have one. You can OC without a permit. But you need a CDWL to CC. You must first take the certified course and apply at the county sheriffs office. If Kentucky were a true constitutional carry state, you would not need a permit to CC. It takes some time to get your permit while they do all the background checks in Frankfort. What is your understanding of constitutional carry?
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Kentucky is considering constitutional Carry in a bill introduced in 2011 but it failed to make it out of committee. Rep Harmon introduced another one in 2012 but they have not acted on it yet. Just sayin.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    If the Missoula areas wasn't so damn pretty. MT, too me is the most beautiful state of all.
    Most beautiful state for me is Utah with California Second.

Sadly it also depends upon the city, township, county, etc., you live in in the various states whether it is "friendly".
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Sadly it also depends upon the city, township, county, etc., you live in in the various states whether it is "friendly".
    Speak for WI. Not here.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

"Arizona has weak gun laws that help feed the illegal gun market and allows the sale of guns without background checks, according to the Brady Campaign." from bradycampaign.org.

I can only think they mean if you have your ccw therefore do not need to go thru the background check. Apparently leaving that fine nugget of information makes it sounds worse and more dangerous to their followers. Interesting how leaving out some facts can change the perception of something.
    hinkleid and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azchief View Post
    "Arizona has weak gun laws that help feed the illegal gun market and allows the sale of guns without background checks, according to the Brady Campaign." from bradycampaign.org.

I can only think they mean if you have your ccw therefore do not need to go thru the background check. Apparently leaving that fine nugget of information makes it sounds worse and more dangerous to their followers. Interesting how leaving out some facts can change the perception of something.
    Which I am sure AZ like here performs a state police background check as well as an FBI fingerprint check before issuing CWL.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    (okay maybe all of montana except for the liberal cess pool of Missoula).
    Where else in MT could they put an MLK Blvd?
    hinkleid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Most beautiful state for me is Utah with California Second.
    I like UT too, my grandparents lived there when I was a young one.

Anyone though that visits somewhere like Kalispell or Bigfork, MT would have a hard time leaving.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Philosophically, VT wins - the only place that really has Constitutional carry. No laws on the books EXCEPT one that keeps local/city gov't from infringing. "Shall not be infringed" means just that. Plus (outside of the "cities"), it's one of the few places left where you can not only leave a loaded rifle/shotgun in your pickup rack with your windows open while you're inside the hardware store buying ammo, but expect it to be there when you get back. And, where else in the world would one ever see a guy wearing a Che shirt and Birkies OCing at a Reggae festival?

Second place trophy goes to AZ... almost Constitutional carry also, and bonus points for the common sense of issuing licenses to help your residents (and non-residents) carry elsewhere. OC even starting to gain acceptance in some of the cities.

Of all the places I've lived, however, Alaska was the place nobody blinked at OC, and even though you weren't by law allowed to do so unless you were engaging in certain outdoor activities, in practice just about anything you did out there could be justified as such. New law is almost Constitutional also.

NH is almost there also - took under a week to get my back after dropping $10 and a 1pg hand-written application with the names of 3 friends and my stated purpose of "self defense." But it's still "almost."

Almost may count with horseshoes and large-yield nukes, but not when it comes to The Constitution.

Utah wins no question. Ya we might need a permit but we can carry in resturants that serve alcohol or bars for that matter. We can also carry in schools, no weapon signs mean nothing and open carry is legal so if your weapon gets exposed your still good to go. Other states come close but just don't have as much as utah. What good is constitutional carry if you can't carry in a restaurant that serves booze?

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Utah wins no question. Ya we might need a permit but we can carry in resturants that serve alcohol or bars for that matter. We can also carry in schools, no weapon signs mean nothing and open carry is legal so if your weapon gets exposed your still good to go. Other states come close but just don't have as much as utah. What good is constitutional carry if you can't carry in a restaurant that serves booze?
    Utah does not allow a round to be chambered if OCing without a permit.

The Brady Bunch compiles a chart of the nation and assigns each a value based on their perceived notion of the strength of the state's gun laws. It can be 0-100, with 100 meaning Brady-approved, and 0 meaning Arizona. Just subtract their score from 100 and you can convert it to a gun-friendly score, with 100 being most friendly. Doing this Arizona gets a 100, OK gets a 98, and my state NC is an 84. Find your state and see where you fit in according to the Bunch.

Brady Scores By State

Using the Brady scores (converted to gun-friendly) to settle the arguments above:

AK 100
    AZ 100
    UT 100
    NH 94
    VT 94

So nice try, New Englanders ... you just can't beat the Wild West for gun-friendliness.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links