Most Gun Friendly State - Page 6

Most Gun Friendly State

This is a discussion on Most Gun Friendly State within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; AZ is probably one of the best as far as gun laws, but I do have a problem with it. You have to be 21 ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Most Gun Friendly State

AZ is probably one of the best as far as gun laws, but I do have a problem with it. You have to be 21 to carry there, which left me unarmed on what was probably the only trip I'll take to AZ in A LONG time.

MT is a shall issue state, for the most part is gun friendly (a few counties, like mine, aren't), and you can OC at 14, and CC at 18. We would have had Constitutional Carry, but our dipstick governor vetoed it. Last term in office and he went on a veto rampage.

Arizona

A lot of bad info here about Arizona. First off you only need to be 18 to open carry, not 21. You must be 21 to purchase but a parent can purchase a hand gun for you if your 18. You do not need a permit here for to oc, or cc, or to purchase. Also people keep bragging that Kentucky accepts other states permits. Well not a big deal. There are 38 states that all accept each others. That includes az. Also you can open carry here and you will not. Get looked at funny. If you do then the ppl doing it are tourists. I walked down a busy street here in Phoenix holding a loaded ar15 with out a single scared look or problems from the cops. Because its 100% legal here and no one cares. There's really not much you can't do here. Schools are the only place that your not allowed to carry. And that should never change anyway. Having kids bringing guns to school is a horrible idea. You can carry any place else here and very very rarely do u even see a sign saying no firearms. And even those are posted by owner and in no way can be enforced by police. So as far as being gun friendly? No place like az. Regardless off Alaska or Montana. Im allowed to carry in a metro of 6 million + people not counting the illegals. and that to me is much more important then walking down main street in a town of 5,000. Az firmly believes in the 2nd amendment and will always defend it. And ease of purchase? We have no gun registrations, no ffl required and major gun shows at least once a month where u can literally find anything from a pistol to a full auto machine gun. I love this state. Not to mention the weather is a thousand times nicer then the other states listed lol

My reply about open carry is for a handgun I know long guns you can carry sooner

GA is pretty good with CC and OP carry. the permit's are pretty pricey thought. 80 dollars for a 5 year permit.

sorry i meant CC/OC

Agree with Arizona, hands down but would also through in my vote for New Mexico. I spent my law enforcement career I'm NM and I can say that in spite of being a historically Democratic state they are pro-gun, open carry and shall issue.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Livin the Life!
    Join and Support the NRA

Virginia is probably the friendliest on the east coast.

The Brady bunch gives Florida a 97, but since that is based on 2011 information Florida is actually a 98. Brady gave them a point for some local control of gun laws and that is no longer true (actually was not true at the time either).

most gun friendly

By being friendly I take that to mean most places you can carry a firearm. Utah (sadly) the ONLY state upholding rights to allow guns where our most valued parts of our lives are, schools. Sandy Hook is an example where someone hell bent on evil by shooting kids left them completely at the mercy of the gunman. Sure with out a permit you cannot carry a chambered round but I have never seen or heard from those that do to have ever been stopped and checked. No firearms allowed signs at schools don't protect. In Utah you won't see them at public schools or Universities. Thank goodness for the Western states holding down gun rights for much of the rest of the country.

I am also in Florida and I read in our paper today that lawmakers are trying to get the Stand Your Ground law repealed because of what happened with George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.
    When I got my CCW, it took about 6-8 weeks from when I sent it in. There were lots of people trying to get them at that time because of Obama becoming President.
    I am very happy that I don't live in NY!
    Pat

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links