Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights Under Attack, SCOTUS says OK!

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
The Obamacare ruling is very scary. The government cannot order you to engage in commerce, but can tax you if you don't. The reverse is also true. They can't prevent you from engaging in commerce, but can tax you if you do. A scenario.....noone can prevent you from owning firearms because of the 2d Amendment. But they CAN require you to report the number and types of firearms you own so you can pay an "appropriate" tax.

Your thoughts?

#5 ·
My thoughts? When's the revolution? I'm tired of the bitchin' and whining. I'm ready. I've been ready for years and yet some of you want to sit at home and gripe about what's going down while it went down. My prime days are fading fast. My word less effective. My thoughts? Don't come crying when it's too late. I told you before. Now I'll die for myself and MY principles since none of the rest of you would listen when it was important. Go cry in a corner somewhere and don't let me hear you. Sob until your head explodes. I'll go down with dignity and purpose.......you can save one for yourself now.

very scary
?

What is "scary" these days anyway? I've just about had it with simpletons.

You just get up the gall to tell me I'm out of place here.

#7 ·
My thoughts? When's the revolution? I'm tired of the bitchin' and whining. I'm ready. I've been ready for years and yet some of you want to sit at home and gripe about what's going down while it went down. My prime days are fading fast. My word less effective. My thoughts? Don't come crying when it's too late. I told you before. Now I'll die for myself and MY principles since none of the rest of you would listen when it was important. Go cry in a corner somewhere and don't let me hear you. Sob until your head explodes. I'll go down with dignity and purpose.......you can save one for yourself now.

?

What is "scary" these days anyway? I've just about had it with simpletons.

You just get up the gall to tell me I'm out of place here.

He's right.

#8 ·
Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the Supreme Courts majority opinion on the 'Obama-care' decision,
"Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”
Supreme Court upholds health care law - NBC Politics

There it is....... the SC says if you don't like 'em, vote 'em outta there. Deal with it otherwise.

#9 ·
Yeah, not looking forward to the cry fest. But everything this Admin has done has brought me nothing but 2nd hand prosperity. Well, except last weeks result. I have to buy a passport for my one year old toddler since she is brown and can't speak English or and other language yet. I don't want anyone deporting her so I'm getting her a passport this week. Irritating but not the worse thing in the world. Adapt or die, love it or leave it or create a civil war.

#11 ·
This country's only chance is in November. If we don't get the Liberal/Progressive out of the White House and not in control of our Congress....we will be traveling at warp speed down the "bunny hole". One right today....other rights tomorrow.
None of them are safe unless we, the people, turn it around in November and stay on the butt's of Politicians from this point on, no matter what letter is behind their names. Is our 2nd Amendment Rights safe? Not at this point. Lawyer Politicians and the "Intellectual elites" (not in my opinion, but their own) can find too many "loop holes" to screw us.

#13 ·
Roberts is such a disappointment. I haven't been this disappointed in a person since my first husband.

Unless there is a Liberal/Progressive hit squad holding Roberts children at gun point...there has been no excuse for his poor judgements.

#14 ·
Sure we can vote out the stupid politicians that make these stupid laws, but the SCOTUS is charged with the responsibility of deeming these stupid laws constitutional or not, which can help decide which stupid laws the stupid politicians come up with. This is a shame and part of me wonders if Roberts was bought or threatened for his vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.