Bill of Rights Under Attack, SCOTUS says OK!

This is a discussion on Bill of Rights Under Attack, SCOTUS says OK! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Obamacare ruling is very scary. The government cannot order you to engage in commerce, but can tax you if you don't. The reverse is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Bill of Rights Under Attack, SCOTUS says OK!

The Obamacare ruling is very scary. The government cannot order you to engage in commerce, but can tax you if you don't. The reverse is also true. They can't prevent you from engaging in commerce, but can tax you if you do. A scenario.....noone can prevent you from owning firearms because of the 2d Amendment. But they CAN require you to report the number and types of firearms you own so you can pay an "appropriate" tax.

Your thoughts?

Distinguished Member
    We are so screwed as a nation.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Welcome to the tipping point......

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Dah comrad it will be alright. I am now looking for work overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowJS View Post
    The Obamacare ruling is very scary. The government cannot order you to engage in commerce, but can tax you if you don't. The reverse is also true. They can't prevent you from engaging in commerce, but can tax you if you do. A scenario.....noone can prevent you from owning firearms because of the 2d Amendment. But they CAN require you to report the number and types of firearms you own so you can pay an "appropriate" tax.

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts? When's the revolution? I'm tired of the bitchin' and whining. I'm ready. I've been ready for years and yet some of you want to sit at home and gripe about what's going down while it went down. My prime days are fading fast. My word less effective. My thoughts? Don't come crying when it's too late. I told you before. Now I'll die for myself and MY principles since none of the rest of you would listen when it was important. Go cry in a corner somewhere and don't let me hear you. Sob until your head explodes. I'll go down with dignity and purpose.......you can save one for yourself now.

very scary
    ?

What is "scary" these days anyway? I've just about had it with simpletons.

You just get up the gall to tell me I'm out of place here.

VIP Member
    B.O.H.I.C.A

All part of the N.W.O.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My thoughts? When's the revolution? I'm tired of the bitchin' and whining. I'm ready. I've been ready for years and yet some of you want to sit at home and gripe about what's going down while it went down. My prime days are fading fast. My word less effective. My thoughts? Don't come crying when it's too late. I told you before. Now I'll die for myself and MY principles since none of the rest of you would listen when it was important. Go cry in a corner somewhere and don't let me hear you. Sob until your head explodes. I'll go down with dignity and purpose.......you can save one for yourself now.

?

What is "scary" these days anyway? I've just about had it with simpletons.

You just get up the gall to tell me I'm out of place here.

He's right.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the Supreme Courts majority opinion on the 'Obama-care' decision,
    "Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”
    Supreme Court upholds health care law - NBC Politics

There it is....... the SC says if you don't like 'em, vote 'em outta there. Deal with it otherwise.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Yeah, not looking forward to the cry fest. But everything this Admin has done has brought me nothing but 2nd hand prosperity. Well, except last weeks result. I have to buy a passport for my one year old toddler since she is brown and can't speak English or and other language yet. I don't want anyone deporting her so I'm getting her a passport this week. Irritating but not the worse thing in the world. Adapt or die, love it or leave it or create a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the Supreme Courts majority opinion on the 'Obama-care' decision,

Supreme Court upholds health care law - NBC Politics

There it is....... the SC says if you don't like 'em, vote 'em outta there. Deal with it otherwise.

I thought SCOTUS Justices were appointed for life?

This country's only chance is in November. If we don't get the Liberal/Progressive out of the White House and not in control of our Congress....we will be traveling at warp speed down the "bunny hole". One right today....other rights tomorrow.
    None of them are safe unless we, the people, turn it around in November and stay on the butt's of Politicians from this point on, no matter what letter is behind their names. Is our 2nd Amendment Rights safe? Not at this point. Lawyer Politicians and the "Intellectual elites" (not in my opinion, but their own) can find too many "loop holes" to screw us.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I thought SCOTUS Justices were appointed for life?
    Referenced towards elected officials.

Actually, if one reads the entire ruling, there are some silver linings. First starters, the only people really hurt are those it's supposed to help. And secondly, the ruling allows states to opt out of the bill. Thirdly, those states who do participate will lose alot of Medicade funding.

How is this a good thing one may ask? Well, the way I see it, all the dummies who pushed it thinking they were getting something for free are gonna get screwed, become disgruntled, and hopefully vote him out.
    Spirit51 and carracer like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Roberts is such a disappointment. I haven't been this disappointed in a person since my first husband.

Unless there is a Liberal/Progressive hit squad holding Roberts children at gun point...there has been no excuse for his poor judgements.
    accessbob and carracer like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Sure we can vote out the stupid politicians that make these stupid laws, but the SCOTUS is charged with the responsibility of deeming these stupid laws constitutional or not, which can help decide which stupid laws the stupid politicians come up with. This is a shame and part of me wonders if Roberts was bought or threatened for his vote.
    ErnieNWillis and Spirit51 like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Once they seize healthcare, they got us...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links