UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) - Page 10

UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

This is a discussion on UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by paaiyan If you do the math (divide the number of guns you posted by the number of gun-owning households he posted) it ...

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    If you do the math (divide the number of guns you posted by the number of gun-owning households he posted) it comes out to about 4 guns per gun-owning household. Again, that's an average. I own three, so someone out there has to own 5. It's not really that many when you think about it.

But yes, there are those people out there who own 20+ guns who swing the average to make up for several households that only own one.
    And what is wrong with owning 20 guns? I have over 40 now...but i am a collector LOL Anything to help with the numbers

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    Actually, the number of private owned guns is much higher than that. I will look for the #'s to verify this.

Just saying...

CompareNumber of Privately Owned Firearms
    The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,0001
    Yeah, a lot of those households have multiple guns, and this is only the households that have reported having firearms. I was pretty surprised.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I can say this; I have about 4 times as many guns in my house as I have family members in the house. My safe runneth over.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Same at my household. I have some....hubby has some....we have several and we keep the grand daughter's rifle. That is several weapons and three shooters.

We even have my son in law's German Luger (that his Belgium Grandpapa took off a dead German Officers in WWII in Occupied Belgium).
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Would you like a picture? lol. Paaiyan is right, the average comes out to about 4 guns per household, but there are quite a few people that own a lot more than that.
    Very true! I own three handguns and one shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    And what is wrong with owning 20 guns? I have over 40 now...but i am a collector LOL Anything to help with the numbers
    Oh I wasn't saying it was wrong. If I had that kind of money I'd own my share as well.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For those proclaiming that this is old news and we have always known the U.N.'s wishes to control guns. What the U.N. wants is not the news in the story. What is the story is the current administrations willingness to comply with those wishes. A complete one eighty from past policy.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    For those proclaiming that this is old news and we have always known the U.N.'s wishes to control guns. What the U.N. wants is not the news in the story. What is the story is the current administrations willingness to comply with those wishes. A complete one eighty from past policy.

Michael
    Compy with what ? The stupid thing is not even drafted yet and it appears that a lot of countries have big time reservations about the treaty affecting how they business in their own country....why don't we just take the tin foil hats off and wait till the stupid document is drafted.

Compy with what ? The stupid thing is not even drafted yet and it appears that a lot of countries have big time reservations about the treaty affecting how they business in their own country....why don't we just take the tin foil hats off and wait till the stupid document is drafted.
    We could do that. We could wait until they are further along and better organized. Or, we could constantly remind those in power that we do not like what they are doing.

Then again I suppose we could just pass it so we will be able to see whats in it. No, that would never happen. Who in their right mind would ever think that way?

Michael
    Lotus222 and BigStick like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    United Nations Official Document

Here is the language so far. Page 16 has a record keeeping section that requires records kept of all end-users for 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    We could do that. We could wait until they are further along and better organized. Or, we could constantly remind those in power that we do not like what they are doing.

Then again I suppose we could just pass it so we will be able to see whats in it. No, that would never happen. Who in their right mind would ever think that way?

Michael
    What is the story is the current administrations willingness to comply with those wishes. A complete one eighty from past policy.
    I am refering to your post. I am not saying to not write your Senators Duh.....But what wishes? It would help to know what the stupid thing will say...anyway's I am not concerned because it will not pass 2/3 of the Senate. I don't get excited about things that have not happend yet and that there are NO I repeat NO details on. Oh, that is right...the GOA and NRA are all over this..they don;t have a clue what the language is either. But they will claim victory if it does not affect us....that is what fear mongere's do...set them selves up to be the caped crusaders.

I am refering to your post. I am not saying to not write your Senators Duh.....But what wishes? It would help to know what the stupid thing will say...anyway's I am not concerned because it will not pass 2/3 of the Senate. I don't get excited about things that have not happend yet and that there are NO I repeat NO details on. Oh, that is right...the GOA and NRA are all over this..they don;t have a clue what the language is either. But they will claim victory if it does not affect us....that is what fear mongere's do...set them selves up to be the caped crusaders.
    This could end up like Nancy Pelosi's take on the obamacare bill, you know, "we have to pass it so we can figure out what's in it."
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    This could end up like Nancy Pelosi's take on the obamacare bill, you know, "we have to pass it so we can figure out what's in it."
    I highly doubt that. Only if there is a 2/3 majority of liberal senators...any other thing I would say that is a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    United Nations Official Document

Here is the language so far. Page 16 has a record keeeping section that requires records kept of all end-users for 10 years.
    That was the proposed language back in March. That is what the delegations were commenting on in my linked document in post #115. As you may note, a number of the delegations specifically want sporting arms etc excluded from the treaty and also anything that would interfere with existing legal ownership.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    I'm not a member of any gun organizations, and I don't plan to be. That's just my preference. I don't care what their tactics are for collecting revenue, either (so long as it's within reason and law). What I am concerned about is the fact that our highest military authority is even considering giving the UN the ability to regulate our sovereign nation's authority on how it conducts itself in relation to small arms. I don't care whether we know for a fact that the senate is going to turn it down. It shouldn't get that far in the first place. There is absolutely nothing that this treaty could offer that could make me think otherwise.
    phreddy likes this.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links