UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

This is a discussion on UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A prior treaty holds that a signed treaty is valid until it is voted up or down by the Senate or is renounced by the ...

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 286
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

  1. #241
    VIP Member Array Sig 210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southwestern OK
    Posts
    2,017
    A prior treaty holds that a signed treaty is valid until it is voted up or down by the Senate or is renounced by the president.

    Not true. The video is pure unadulterated trash.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #242
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Look, no disrespect but if you are going to rant please have facts. There is no way the treaty can be signed and ratified on the 27th of July because the Senate has not even scheduled it for debate, let alone a vote.
    If sir, you know something we naysayers don't please post it. Like a schedule for the Senate would be nice.

    Here in lies the problem when folks one either side speak..they don't have the facts.
    Look unless you state that something is going to happen people are NOT going to be up in arms and ready to defend. THere is NO official Senate schedule that I can dig up, but when you do a web search for, Arms Trade Treaty, you get thousands of sites all agreeing on the 27th of July this month as the day that Obama and the Congress are going to sign the treaty if they are going to sign it.

    You see no one thought that there was a hell of a chance in signing the Obamacare bill and they did. What makes you think that they are not going to sign a treaty like this? Faith *****. Yeah I cussed there in a funny way.

    All I am saying is that when the webspace is crawling with this information, whether or not, it will happen, is a sign that something is going to happen. So why not plan for something and then when it doesnt happen we can all rest and say atleast we were ready.

    If a hurricane was coming but no one knew exactly where it would hit, would you not prepare and get food and water and a firearm ready? Probably not but if you didnt and it hit you would be in a lot of hurt.

    All I am saying is do NOT doubt what this administration and this session of congress is capable of doing regardless of the LAW. We all know that they violate the law and pass laws that are unlawful and until it gets ruled unlawful people are victims to tyranny until it is made unlawful. Why does people always have to suffer at the hands of soft tyranny? Because we are too trusting in government and/or too stubborn to admit that they are capable of anything and do NOT care in the least bit about little old citizen subjects.

    With all do respect I agree with your statement about facts but we should all know that with this government there are no such things as fact and fiction, it is all evil and law breaking tyranny and that is evidenced by this adminstrations history and the supreme court is completely under their control.

    But no way was Healthcare going to pass, and if it did (it did), there was no way it would be found constitutional, (it was) and certainly as a taxation for not buying a good or service (it was). It makes me cry at the failure of the supreme court to uphold the values we entrusted and empowered it to hold.
    mprp likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  4. #243
    Member Array Roon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    265
    I guess I don't understand why we are that upset over this. The SCOTUS has ruled many many times that no treaty can supercede the Constitution. The 2nd ammendment will always over rule any Treaty that Obama and his buddies can ratify, so says the SCOTUS.
    DoctorBob likes this.

  5. #244
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Look unless you state that something is going to happen people are NOT going to be up in arms and ready to defend. THere is NO official Senate schedule that I can dig up, but when you do a web search for, Arms Trade Treaty, you get thousands of sites all agreeing on the 27th of July this month as the day that Obama and the Congress are going to sign the treaty if they are going to sign it.
    First of all folks are up in arms about the treaty to begin with. If I need someone to exaggerate the facts or just plain make them up their are many 'reputable' gun organizations I can read. The fact is you did not state a fact and are justifying it by saying iit needs to be done to ceate awareness. Fins me one person on this forum that has not heard about this issue? Most likely none so therefore there is no need to create stir. Dang, how many times do I have to say that.
    Just find one reputable source that says 2/3rd of the senate will ratify the darn thing. I can;t. In fact I can't find any news source on the internet no matter how much tinfoil they wear that says the senate will ratify it. The most likely scenario is POTUS will sign it and the democratic held senate will keep it from a vote therefore making the treaty valid. Then of course there will be court challenges to follow.

    You can reply with all of your other thoughts which some I do agree with. But. The point of my post is to post faacts, not things to get folks arms up! I read things even if I disagree with them. It is hard to trust a post or an article when the author is known to use hyperbole and pass it off as fact. (not you specifiaclly, but any organization that does it).

  6. #245
    Member Array Roon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    First of all folks are up in arms about the treaty to begin with. If I need someone to exaggerate the facts or just plain make them up their are many 'reputable' gun organizations I can read. The fact is you did not state a fact and are justifying it by saying iit needs to be done to ceate awareness. Fins me one person on this forum that has not heard about this issue? Most likely none so therefore there is no need to create stir. Dang, how many times do I have to say that.
    Just find one reputable source that says 2/3rd of the senate will ratify the darn thing. I can;t. In fact I can't find any news source on the internet no matter how much tinfoil they wear that says the senate will ratify it. The most likely scenario is POTUS will sign it and the democratic held senate will keep it from a vote therefore making the treaty valid. Then of course there will be court challenges to follow.

    You can reply with all of your other thoughts which some I do agree with. But. The point of my post is to post faacts, not things to get folks arms up! I read things even if I disagree with them. It is hard to trust a post or an article when the author is known to use hyperbole and pass it off as fact. (not you specifiaclly, but any organization that does it).
    None of that matters anyway. Constitution > Treaties.
    DoctorBob likes this.

  7. #246
    VIP Member Array Sig 210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southwestern OK
    Posts
    2,017
    A prior treaty holds that a signed treaty is valid until it is voted up or down by the Senate or is renounced by the president.
    Show me. Political rants don't count.

  8. #247
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,336
    You all just wanna let it happen. Just let that pres sign that treaty, watch the gutless senate not vote it down, and watch as they take your guns, unlawfully, and you know damn well all of you keyboard commandos are going to grunt and mumble while handing your weapons over to the Army when they come knock at your door. Then after you lost thousands of dollars in fine firearms you are gonna then cry more knowing that you never did a thing to stop it before hand because ........ you all said "They will never ratify this, it cant happen, it wont happen, blah blah blah" but then it will happen sooner or later, whether it is legal or not, then after many years of debating it, maybe a supreme court case, and you might be lucky if the treaty is ruled unconstitutional because our government is completely LOST and the supreme court is completely bought and paid for.

    Remember that our Supreme Court ruled that Black people were not human beings and incapable of being citizens. They also ruled that Obamacare was Constitutional and that congress has the power to tax you for NOT buying someting? BUT NO ThAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN AMERIKA.

    Dont come whining to me when I told you so. History repeats over and over again, and not a single darn person I know of wants to learn from it save for for a few. And it takes more than a few to win a war of information and readiness through knowledge and preparedness.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 26th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    mprp likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  9. #248
    Senior Member Array DoctorBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    July 27th..... the treaty WILL be ratified and signed.

    But wait.... there is no way obamacare could be found Constitutional.... It was (even though it clearly is NOT 100% NOT regardless of what that whack job failure of oath defiling justice roberts sais')

    Let see ... oh it will pass .... it will pass.... This is so much deeper than all you patriotic "it cant and wont happen here" believers. It will!
    EOTWAWKI (end of the world as we know it) tomorrow. Be prepared. Get out your tin foil hats.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    'Guerir quelquefois, soulager souvent, consoler toujours.'

    "Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires." (John Steinbeck)

    Good health actually just means dying at the slowest possible rate.

  10. #249
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    @ Tangoseal: You said this:
    You all just wanna let it happen. Just let that pres sign that treaty, watch the gutless senate not vote it down, and watch as they take your guns, unlawfully, and you know damn well all of you keyboard commandos are going to grunt and mumble while handing your weapons over to the Army when they come knock at your door
    Just curious what you are doing about except being a keyboard commando predicting doomsday. This is what is most likely to happen on 27 July:
    1:The UN agrees on the wording of the Treaty
    2: They vote on it
    3: It goes to the member states who may or may not sign it.
    4: Sometime in the future it will be debated in congress and if allowed to come to a vote will not be ratified. Please show me one reputable source that says 2/3 of the senate will ratify it.

    And if we do not sign or honor the treaty it may still affect us becasue other states will make their export of arms stricter. Not much you can do about that since an individual country can do that anyway. Heck, the US does not export everything due too controls.

    But sir, most folks here give money to Mr. LaPierre and his rantings whether they beleive in them or not. Most write their elected officials. So sir, once again, what else should one do to be proactive?
    DoctorBob and Burns like this.

  11. #250
    VIP Member Array Sig 210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southwestern OK
    Posts
    2,017
    EOTWAWKI (end of the world as we know it) tomorrow. Be prepared. Get out your tin foil hats.
    Yep, pack your stuff and prepare for transportation to a FEMA camp. You will be transported in a huge covered rail car. There are no toilets on those trains; just buckets. The guards at those camps are voluptuous females dressed in boots and black leather. They carry whips, chains and handcuffs.

    My buddy Leroy is 27 years old. After being interned at the FEMA camp northwest of Black Mesa in OK for 6 months he looks to be 60 years old. Leroy is ruined for life.

  12. #251
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Yep, pack your stuff and prepare for transportation to a FEMA camp. You will be transported in a huge covered rail car. There are no toilets on those trains; just buckets. The guards at those camps are voluptuous females dressed in boots and black leather. They carry whips, chains and handcuffs.

    My buddy Leroy is 27 years old. After being interned at the FEMA camp northwest of Black Mesa in OK for 6 months he looks to be 60 years old. Leroy is ruined for life.
    But is he complaining?
    DPro.40 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  13. #252
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,336
    Its fine.. I am leaving this thread. You don't have an open mind and therefore are doomed to fail in your ways. I am staying away from people like that so I can survive when shtf.

    I'm out. ... peace
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  14. #253
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    http://nagr.org/UN_Draft_Treaty.pdf

    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here's the current rough draft of the treaty. Nothing SUPER threatening at the moment, but it does lay the ground work for a national gun registry, which may be threatening enough.

  15. #254
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Its fine.. I am leaving this thread. You don't have an open mind and therefore are doomed to fail in your ways. I am staying away from people like that so I can survive when shtf.

    I'm out. ... peace
    I don't have an open mind! Pleezzz.......

  16. #255
    Distinguished Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast LA Cty
    Posts
    1,972
    Sounds like when the shtf, tangoseal bugs out. Guess it's TS.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ammo prices rising because of treaty
,
did clinton sign the att
,
did hilary sign small arms treaty
,
did hillary clinton sign a treaty july 27
,
did hillary clinton sign the small arms treaty with the un
,

did hillary clinton sign the un small arms treaty

,
freedom from war
,

freedom from war snopes

,
politifact small arms treaty
,

un at&t treaty

,
un small arms treaty forum
,
would reid v. covert deny the small arms treaty
Click on a term to search for related topics.