UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

This is a discussion on UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I heard on the news that Hillary Clinton supported the measure. The UN didn't have anything to do with disarming England or Austrailia. I doubt ...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

I heard on the news that Hillary Clinton supported the measure. The UN didn't have anything to do with disarming England or Austrailia. I doubt it holds any water here either. I wouldn't trust SCOTUS to interpret the Consitituion. This has been a topic of discussion for several years now.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Is this the same U.N. treaty that according to media reports earlier ths week would not ban the sale of any weapons and would not impose any restriction above those already in force against U.S. ammunition manufacturers?
    The same one that means precisely squat unless it is ratified by two thirds of the senate? The same one that legally can not do anything that is not permitted under the constitution?
    The same one a bunch of people are using trying to scare people into writing checks to them so they can stop it?
    Or is this something new?
    ericb327, suntzu and Pistology like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I know which way I hope the November election goes, so this is never an issue.
    Spirit51, DPro.40, Burns and 1 others like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Not again!! Unless something happened the last week I have been on vacation there is not final treaty written yet. Just drafts. Second, the NRA and GOA have been fear mongering again without any substantial information it will impact gun owners in the US. (of course if other countries sign it and do not export to the US it will affect us but that has nothing to do with the US signing it...individual countries can do what they want). It will never pass the Senate and if it does it has been settled by SCOTUS that nothing trumps the Constitution.
    Stop blaming Obama for everything. We can thank the NRA and GOA for the rising price in ammo....they are spreading the fear.
    Stop blaming Obama....he can sign the treaty but it is the Senators that need to ratify it.

And a favorite game of the NRA and the GOA is to build up fear and then throw their capes on when legislation gets defeated claiming if it were not for them we would have been doomed...even though many times legislation was going to die on its own anyway without their involvement.
    AMEN!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Not to be argumentative but I fail to see how you can still hold this opinion given recent developments. I guess I have a very different take on things as I watch current events unfold. I think this regime has proven time and time again that it can get away with whatever it chooses with no repercussions. The only hope we have is to instill a smidgeon of doubt in the hearts of our elected officials by letting them know not only are we are watching, but that we understand the boundaries of their power. Anything less and you have already let the BG get too close and breech your best defense.

I for one appreciate "heads up".
    +1..... Obama thinks he can change any law he wants, including the constitution!! Get out and VOTE!!!!
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Oath of Congress:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    +1..... Obama thinks he can change any law he wants, including the constitution!! Get out and VOTE!!!!
    I won't disagree but that it is not the point in this topic. You can't be blaming Obama for everything. The SENATE ratifies the treaty. I wish folks would start recognizing that although Obama has done shifty things the Congress is allowing it.

And if you or anyone needs a history lesson to see the abuse of powers that our Presidents have wielded you can go back to the first one. Let us not forget about Bush and the Patriot Act. Folks blame Busg but it was congress that passed it.

Already running, elsewhere.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    He can sign it, but it does not take effect until ratified by the Senate. Will they or won't they, only time will tell, but I doubt they will. If O signs it, he can kiss a second term goodbye.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    What the article failed to mention is the treaty must be ratified by the senate. As of last count there were not enough vote to pass it. I admit, we need to keep the pressure on the senate to make sure it doesn't pass.
    oneshot likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Keep buying ammo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catt101 View Post
    Yes, I agree that the link I posted was not the best. However, it did give the responders a point of reference. It was better than me saying 'Hey! What ch'all think 'bout that UN gun thingie'!!!!
    Unfortunately, I do not have the scope of knowledge to figure out what is true or not yet on this issue.
    I was just referencing the treaty and idea itself.

Thanks for your responses and extra links!!!!

Catt

Here is another link, ,, I know some of you rose-colored glasses wearing, world is full of puppies and butterflies kinda guys are gonna blast me for posting it, but fooey,,,

Soros Promotes UN Control Over Gun Ownership Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

From article

In the text of the ATT, the United Nations specifically calls for the passage of a legally binding instrument that will impose international standards for the ownership, trade, and transfer of weapons.

In another section the ATT includes “controls on a comprehensive list of weaponry, including small arms and light weapons.” Predictably, all these controls are couched comfortably in talk of “human rights” and ending senseless killings by rogue regimes.

In order to avoid being labeled a “human rights abuser,” the United States (along with all member states) is ordered by the UN to comply with the ATT. To compel this compliance, the ATT empowers the UN to force Congress to:

• Enact internationally agreed licensing requirements for Americans

• Confiscate and destroy unauthorized firearms of Americans while allowing the U.S. government to keep theirs

• Ban the trade, sale, and private ownership of semi-automatic guns

• Create and mandate an international registry to organize an encompassing gun confiscation in America

On this point, in 2011, the UN’s General Assembly declared “that disarmament, arms control and non-proliferation are essential.” In other words, if world peace, the protection of human rights, and the disarming of violent regimes could be achieved through the confiscation of personal firearms, then so be it.

Make no mistake, however, Soros and his fellow globalist gun controllers don’t have in mind (at least at first) to march blue-helmeted UN soldiers into the homes of Americans with orders to seize their guns and ammunition. Rather, through the passage of binding international treaties and UN resolutions, they will force the national governments of the world to do the dirty work for them.

Sadly, officials of our own federal government, including President Obama, are pushing Congress to sign off on this treaty.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced that the Obama administration is working with the UN to lean on Congress to consent to the ATT.

END OF QUOTE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In other words, if it walks like a gun grabber, talks like a gun grabber, flies like a gun grabber, swims like a gun grabber, and Most Importantly, Bull capitol S with a hits like a gun grabber, it must be a gun grabber.
    The UN always has, and always will be anti gun, inany shape and form.

You knuckleheads who, as HotGuns says, still have you heads in the sand on this one need to colectively look at the whole picture on firearms in this country, and not just individual aspects of it.
    When you piece it together like a puzzle, California and their regs., NJ,MA,Ill./Chicago, NY city, D.C. in the form of what firearms you "may" have, Ammo taxes, No ammo allowed to be shipped to private individuals in CA., and so on and so on.

WAKE UP AMERICA!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

MJK
    Here's the problem: OB will not defer to the senate. He will implement the treaty via BATFE rules and regulations!

If you have any doubts about this then consider what he has done with coal-fired generation in the United States. Congress would not pass his cap and trade scheme so instead he used Lisa Jackson and the EPA to promulgate regulations which have made it next-to-impossible to build new coal-fired power plants. These rules are also expected to result in the retirement of over 25,000 MW of existing generation capacity over the next 10 years. That's 25 large nuclear plants, folks!

The only saving grace is that his time in office is short. But beware...a cornered cat can fight like the dickens. After losing the election he will go on an executive order binge the likes of which we've never seen!

Just my $0.02.
    Caertaker and Hoganbeg like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

@ Oneshot^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I can't view the link in the article that states what is in the Treaty. Anyway, you are mixing up issues. No one is saying that our own government and folks int his country are trying to eliminate our 2A rights. So let us set that asides becasue that is not the topic. The topic is the UN treaty. I still can not find what is in the treaty and again, it is not in final draft form.

Let us stop blaming Obama for everything. The Senate needs to ratify the thing and so far SCOTUS has rules that the Constitution is above a inernational treaty. Now can we expect this SCOTUS to do the same? We don't know.

And if a treaty is signed and we start to do what the treaty says (whatever that is), then the next president can withdraw from the treaty.

Nobody has their heads in the sand. Most of us see very clearly. But I see many only beleive in the worst case. Got news for ya...whether we sign the treaty or not it will affect us becasue other countries will be bound to not export arms and ammo to the US (assuming that is part of the treaty). So brace yourself anyway. As far as fear mongering i would prefer to let Mr. LaPierre (NRZ) and the GOA do that for me. They are very articulate at over dramatizing a situation.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Links