UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) - Page 7

UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

This is a discussion on UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I dont much care WHAT this administration or any other for that matter... SAY . It's what they DO that concerns me. Now matter how ...

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 286
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

  1. #91
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    15,133
    I dont much care WHAT this administration or any other for that matter... SAY.

    It's what they DO that concerns me.



    Now matter how they spin it,or who spins it, it is the camels nose under the tent.

    Anyone that can't see that is a liability to society rather than an asset.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/


  2. #92
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687
    You know......if the American public ever listened to good reason.......Obama wouldn't be in office to start with. Besides....would it matter who was in office at this point since this UN arms deal has been going on for years already (before 2000).
    The media? What do you listen to more? The Pro or the Anti statements? Knowing what we know....why take any of the media at their word? Everyone's got a twist......their own twist. Just like translating the Holy Bible (bear with me all please).
    How is it we the people fear things the government might do when we let what they've already done in undermining the real America go without argument?
    You want to know some of the things that I actually do fear? Those whom wait until the last minute to worry.......those who didn't see what was coming.......those who put more faith in those with political power than they do themselves....etc.
    How can I see my idealistic view of standing shoulder to shoulder with my fellow armed countrymen fighting against tyranny when the guy next to me is fixing to bail out because he heard that our enemy has better weapons and more troops?
    The pen is mightier than the sword? That may be in certain circumstances, but a counter offer is..... live by the sword, die by the sword.
    Take into account this is once again an election year (coming up very soon). Everything seems to swing into anxiety at these times (truth and circumstances evade common sense now). Ammo, firearms, threats to freedoms, shredding the constitution...etc, all come at these times. In essence, it's us questioning ourselves if we really have the ability to do the right thing no matter what the opposition or what we might think will befall us in a negative way due to our inactivity in the past.
    So....what makes the headlines now? It's the UN arms treaty? Does the end of the world this year not bother anyone at this point? 12-21-12. We're now going to be worried about some political agendas when the world as a whole has five months and two and a half weeks left in it's existence?
    What do I fear the most? Being taken by the enemy without firing a shot in my own defense. Dying for a good cause is easy so long as you believe in that cause deep down in your very heart and soul (nothing religious about that by the way).
    Here's a famous quote for all of you to think on....think less of the context and more of the meaning. If you know who said it, just post it before your reply. Promise you won't Google it, then maybe you can stand next to me on the firing line.
    Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong
    They are them and we are America.....each and every one of us. If you've lost something, please find it before we need it. If you cannot find it....then it's just you alone, and we are without you which doesn't exactly make it US anymore. Comprende?
    Spidey2011 and W9HDG like this.

  3. #93
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,105
    Just a couple of snippets from the resolution from January 2010 that set this whole thing up. (The one linked in the info wars story)
    Recalling its commitment to the principles of political independence,
    sovereign equality and territorial integrity of all States, and acknowledging that
    peace and security, development and human rights are the foundations for collective
    security,
    and
    Acknowledging the right of all States to manufacture, import, export, transfer
    and retain conventional arms for self-defence and security needs and in order to
    participate in peace support operations,

    Acknowledging also the right of States to regulate internal transfers of arms
    and national ownership, including through national constitutional protections on
    private ownership, exclusively within their territory,
    So we have these guys writing about what a terrible thing this treaty is while they have never seen it and can not show a single excerpt from it supporting their theory. On the other hand what we do actually have in writing is the resolution that calls for the creation of the treaty containing the above.
    I like how Wolverton wants us to do a gramatical dissection of the other guys blog. Not too long ago I did the same thing to one of his pieces. When I have a little more time perhaps I shall review more of his stories in the same way. I must say that I don't read that Alex Jones stuff very often, but that is because I did some fact checking on the stories the few times I did read it. With basic fact checking the stories I have seen so far have been about 10% fact and 90% fiction.
    torgo1968 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  4. #94
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    It you don't think the Senate, as it sits now, could pass this Treaty, then you are wrong.

    Read this - or at least skim it and read the second half.

    Skinning Cats: Legal Means to Disarm the Second Amendment
    Ok lets say that one party pulls a dirty trick and locks all of the other guys in the bathroom so they can't vote. There must be 51 Senators present for a quorum. If we break it down by party lines the Democrats alone could in theory ratify the treaty assuming that every single one of them agreed to it and showed up. But lets say they do pass it.
    Since that skinning cats article was written we have had two SCOTUS opinions affirming the right to keep and bear arms as an individual right so any treaty entered into by the federal government must respect that right.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  5. #95
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,505
    The U.N has not been successful at anything it has ever tried to do. A complete waste of time.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  6. #96
    Member Array Skysoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    232
    ANYTHING that Has Clinton, Obama and guns in it, around it, or about it and has anthing to do with the UN is wrong and should be fought against to the bitter end. They whole bunch are as anti gun as it is possible to be. We need to send the UN to Syria and vote the leftys out in Nov.
    Eagleks likes this.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    The NRA does not back OB because of his actions antithetical to the second amendment; his position is known on this topic and he is an immediate threat to our right to keep andbear arms as long as he holds office! Romney on the other hand addressed the NRA convention and appears to be friendly toward the 2A. Maybe he isn't perfect but he is 1000x better than the alternative!

    Do not sit this one out! Please vote!
    He's also stated several times in the past that he "doesn't line up with the NRA." He's playing the 2A issue to get votes, and it's working. IMO, our only hope was Ron Paul.

  8. #98
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    Here is a new article from Forbes Magizine about it. I didn't think that Forbes was a "shill" for the NRA.

    U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Forbes
    Eagleks likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  9. #99
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You know......if the American public ever listened to good reason.......Obama wouldn't be in office to start with. Besides....would it matter who was in office at this point since this UN arms deal has been going on for years already (before 2000).
    The media? What do you listen to more? The Pro or the Anti statements? Knowing what we know....why take any of the media at their word? Everyone's got a twist......their own twist. Just like translating the Holy Bible (bear with me all please).
    How is it we the people fear things the government might do when we let what they've already done in undermining the real America go without argument?
    You want to know some of the things that I actually do fear? Those whom wait until the last minute to worry.......those who didn't see what was coming.......those who put more faith in those with political power than they do themselves....etc.
    How can I see my idealistic view of standing shoulder to shoulder with my fellow armed countrymen fighting against tyranny when the guy next to me is fixing to bail out because he heard that our enemy has better weapons and more troops?
    The pen is mightier than the sword? That may be in certain circumstances, but a counter offer is..... live by the sword, die by the sword.
    Take into account this is once again an election year (coming up very soon). Everything seems to swing into anxiety at these times (truth and circumstances evade common sense now). Ammo, firearms, threats to freedoms, shredding the constitution...etc, all come at these times. In essence, it's us questioning ourselves if we really have the ability to do the right thing no matter what the opposition or what we might think will befall us in a negative way due to our inactivity in the past.
    So....what makes the headlines now? It's the UN arms treaty? Does the end of the world this year not bother anyone at this point? 12-21-12. We're now going to be worried about some political agendas when the world as a whole has five months and two and a half weeks left in it's existence?
    What do I fear the most? Being taken by the enemy without firing a shot in my own defense. Dying for a good cause is easy so long as you believe in that cause deep down in your very heart and soul (nothing religious about that by the way).
    Here's a famous quote for all of you to think on....think less of the context and more of the meaning. If you know who said it, just post it before your reply. Promise you won't Google it, then maybe you can stand next to me on the firing line.

    They are them and we are America.....each and every one of us. If you've lost something, please find it before we need it. If you cannot find it....then it's just you alone, and we are without you which doesn't exactly make it US anymore. Comprende?
    Exactly. Did we just surrender to the British because they had better weapons and more men? Nope. IF by some chance this actually gets pushed through (and with our current govt and SCOTUS, I believe it could be), I have no doubt in my mind that it will throw this country into civil war. There are too many like-minded individuals in this country to just sit back and be complacent.

  10. #100
    Member Array torgo1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^So this automatically make Morris inherently evil?^^^^^^
    Where did I say that?!

    I already posted it in another thread thats running, go look it up if you don't believe it,,

    Or you could just keep them Rose Colored Glasses on,,,,,,,,,
    Quit dodging, quote the parts of the treaty that show that it will end up taking our guns away.

  11. #101
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    Where did I say that?!



    Quit dodging, quote the parts of the treaty that show that it will end up taking our guns away.
    Can ANYONE find an actual copy of the treaty? No? Why is that? If it's such a wonderful thing, why not keep the public updated on what's actually in it?
    oneshot likes this.

  12. #102
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Can ANYONE find an actual copy of the treaty? No? Why is that? If it's such a wonderful thing, why not keep the public updated on what's actually in it?
    I don't thinks its finished or drafted yet.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  13. #103
    Member Array torgo1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    If it's such a wonderful thing, why not keep the public updated on what's actually in it?
    I don't think anyone here thinks it's a wonderful thing. But some of us think it's pretty clearly not Armageddon in a blue helmet, and that the credibility of everyone who believes strongly in gun rights is harmed by the hysteria coming from our camp. The U.N. treaty is our "deadly assault rifle" or ".50 caliber terror".

  14. #104
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    I don't think anyone here thinks it's a wonderful thing. But some of us think it's pretty clearly not Armageddon in a blue helmet, and that the credibility of everyone who believes strongly in gun rights is harmed by the hysteria coming from our camp. The U.N. treaty is our "deadly assault rifle" or ".50 caliber terror".
    I wasn't insinuating that you do think it's a good thing. I was referring to the UN's position on the treaty. Surely they have SOME detail of what it is going to include, so why not release them? What is so important to them that they can't tell us about it?

    BTW, I haven't seen one person here talking about blue helmets. I'm simply concerned about the fact that some (most) of my guns will probably be classified as illegal if this happens to be pushed through.

  15. #105
    VIP Member Array mprp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I wasn't insinuating that you do think it's a good thing. I was referring to the UN's position on the treaty. Surely they have SOME detail of what it is going to include, so why not release them? What is so important to them that they can't tell us about it?

    BTW, I haven't seen one person here talking about blue helmets. I'm simply concerned about the fact that some (most) of my guns will probably be classified as illegal if this happens to be pushed through.
    No blue helmets needed. LE will enforce accordingly. Would that not be the first thing to happen?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

    Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ammo prices rising because of treaty
,
did clinton sign the att
,
did hilary sign small arms treaty
,
did hillary clinton sign a treaty july 27
,
did hillary clinton sign the small arms treaty with the un
,

did hillary clinton sign the un small arms treaty

,
freedom from war
,

freedom from war snopes

,
politifact small arms treaty
,

un at&t treaty

,
un small arms treaty forum
,
would reid v. covert deny the small arms treaty
Click on a term to search for related topics.