UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) - Page 9

UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

This is a discussion on UN Arms Treaty (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Point being, the sun will turn into a bran muffin before the senate would ever ratify such a treaty.. Look I'm not an idiot, I ...

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: UN Arms Treaty (MERGED)

Point being, the sun will turn into a bran muffin before the senate would ever ratify such a treaty.. Look I'm not an idiot, I see what the politicians have already done to skirt their oaths to uphold the Constitution, Obamacare for one example, and there are others. I'm just not ready to go screaming into the sunset like Chicken Little before this treaty is even completed. There's so much fear mongering going on by the various groups, "Send us your money and stop this treaty!".. it's nauseating.
    suntzu likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

It's not even drafted yet:

As called for in a resolution adopted by the U.N. General Assembly in 2009, a conference began this week in New York City to draft the treaty's language.

I think this fella thinks pretty well, actually:

They have to do with climate change but shows how the man thinks. He also admits to writing about climate change (and other things) without being an expert on them. He calls himself a researcher.

"The central lie is that we are experiencing a known human-caused climate crisis, a claim based on speculative theories, contrived data and totally unproven modeling predictions. And the evidence? Much is revealed by politically corrupted processes and agenda-driven report conclusions rendered by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which are trumpeted in the media as authoritative gospel.
    I never really call myself a 'scientist.' I’m certainly a researcher, and I certainly write a lot of technical stuff, but, as I make very clear in the preface of my book, I'm not a climate scientist, and I never played one in the movies… . .there’s probably some effect of human impact on everything in our environment. That doesn’t necessarily make it dangerous—and doesn’t even, necessarily, make it bad."
    I think we ought to throw the whole lot of them (UN Delegations) out, quit paying the UN a single penny, sell their UN building, pay any and all delinquent taxes, penalties, fines or whatever any of them owe to any USA jurisdiction, and be rid of the scourge.

A bunch of idiots from first, second and third world dictatorships and worse. Be rid the self-serving pests.

The few actual democracies represented can negotiate with us directly. We should not give a tinkers hoot.
    HotGuns, Spirit51 and johnmed3 like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Although dated a couple days ago this editorial piece appeared in this mornings Investor's Business Daily if anyone is interested.

U.N. Prepares Arms Trade Treaty That Threatens Second Amendment Rights - Investors.com

Maybe THIS treaty ain't "Armageddon" but do you really think this is the end of it?? Or camel's nose under the tent?? Once it is "law" then come all the "fine tuning" regulations. Like playing cards with a cheat; what you see doesn't include the cards up their sleeves!
    Spirit51 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Heres an update that ought to make everyone feel good...
    When the UN wants to negotiate a global arms control deal, it turns to ... Iran | Fox News

A little more than a week after accusing Iran of supplying arms for Syria's bloody crackdown on democracy-minded rebels, the UN has given Tehran a key seat at negotiations for a global arms treaty.
    The stunning appointment by member states attending the UN Conference of the Arms Trade Treaty in New York came last week, and is just the latest example of the world body appointing rogue and repressive regimes to leadership roles. The 15-nation committee to which Iran was appointed hopes to guide what could eventually become the first legally binding global treaty aimed at regulating the international trade of conventional arms.

Read more: When the UN wants to negotiate a global arms control deal, it turns to ... Iran | Fox News

I can see lots of "good" comming from this.
    Rock and Glock and Spirit51 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Iran... Appointed to a committee for creating an arms treaty? I... They... But...

128978407514266869.jpg
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Henry Arms, better start pumpin' 'em out!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Iran is the GREAT SATAN!

Just what we need, a crackpot rogue state in a leadership role. That is as stupid as a bag of rocks.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    47% of American households have at least 1 gun as of a study in 2011.

There are around 149 million households in the US. That means around 70 million households have guns (legally).
    Actually, the number of private owned guns is much higher than that. I will look for the #'s to verify this.

Just saying...

CompareNumber of Privately Owned Firearms
    The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in the United States is 270,000,0001

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    Actually, the number of private owned guns is closer to 279,423,170.

Just saying...
    Number of guns, yes. He was not saying the number of guns, but rather the number of gun-owning households. Many of those own multiple guns, which is where your figure comes from.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That still seems low. If that is the case, there are some guys out there with a load of guns at home!
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 10th, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

If you do the math (divide the number of guns you posted by the number of gun-owning households he posted) it comes out to about 4 guns per gun-owning household. Again, that's an average. I own three, so someone out there has to own 5. It's not really that many when you think about it.

But yes, there are those people out there who own 20+ guns who swing the average to make up for several households that only own one.
    My blog

While we are on the topic of statistics, this link provides just about anything you would want to know about guns.

http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/...6_1_screen.pdf

Here is a Wiki Link on the Treaty,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Trade_Treaty

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    That still seems low. If that is the case, there are some guys out there with a load of guns at home!
    Would you like a picture? lol. Paaiyan is right, the average comes out to about 4 guns per household, but there are quite a few people that own a lot more than that.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links