NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors - Page 2

NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

This is a discussion on NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chevy-SS I understand (and agree) with the intent. But I think his methodology is seriously flawed. If he wants to reduce the ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    I understand (and agree) with the intent. But I think his methodology is seriously flawed. If he wants to reduce the violence, then he should be promoting birth control and responsible parenting.
    That would require acknowledging there is an internal problem...
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

WOW......?!? I see this going bad for everyone.

NJ's just a little too Orwellian for this swamp-boy.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

MJK
    The OP said it best - "pathetic."
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

MJK
    Chevy-SS...the pathway to Hades is paved with good intent! :-)
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0:23
    there is a small group of people in our city that think they can walk around with guns, it is unacceptable. But we can't just wish this will stop, we can't just hope this will stop, we as individuals have to do something about it.
    "small group". Notice he doesn't say criminals? "bad guys" ?

Quote Originally Posted by 0:48
    ..give us the information about an individual who is carrying a gun, and we don't even have to have a conviction. If we arrest that individual and simply get that gun off the streets...

So he mentions several times about people simply carrying a gun and calling,...and it is not until 1:12 that he says "illegal gun" one time.

So anybody seen or known to own a firearm is going to get called in to the police?

As aforementioned,..I don't know if a firearm is "illegal" or not?

Absolutely ridiculous. And downright scary that stuff like this is going on in a "free" country.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    "small group". Notice he doesn't say criminals? "bad guys" ?

So he mentions several times about people simply carrying a gun and calling,...and it is not until 1:12 that he says "illegal gun" one time.

So anybody seen or known to own a firearm is going to get called in to the police?

As aforementioned,..I don't know if a firearm is "illegal" or not?

Absolutely ridiculous. And downright scary that stuff like this is going on in a "free" country.
    He does say illegal guns in the video, this to me implies criminal behavior. I would call LE if I saw or knew a criminal with a weapon. I would not accept money for it though.
    BlueHawk76 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    How does the 'good citizen informant" know if the gun is illegal? So now if someone sees you transport your firearm to the range they call the police and you are stuck with proving your innocence on the side of the road? Or is there no such thing as legal gun ownership in the places that have been named?
    If it is illegal to carry a firearm in that city it would be easy to tell. The laws says that everyone that carries is a criminal, simple.

Michael

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    How many guns can I get for a 1000 bucks ? UMMMMMMMMM Just kidding
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Shades of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union under Stalin! Spy on your neighbor and turn them in! Totalitarian regimes, whether on the "right" or the "left" act this way. Scary to see this in the United States! Very 1984Orwellian!
    accessbob likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

What a stupid idea...well for logical people anyway.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    What town in NJ is this happening?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Born and raised in that crap hole, as soon as I had I say in where I lived, I left.

VIP Member
    He is just a methane explosion in the breeze.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Three points: First, I don't like the mayor's plan. However, secondly, he did say "illegally" and third he said, "illegally carrying" a gun. No one has ever seen me carrying a gun although I carry one every day. Concealed means concealed. Not one neighbor knows that I carry.

The title of this thread says the mayor is offering $1000 for turning in your "gun owning neighbors". That is not what he said. We get upset when "the other side" twists words or misrepresents our statements. We need to be careful to not do the same thing. As I said, I don't like the plan anyway. It reminds me of Hitler's Brown shirts tattling on their neighbors and even their own families. But let's complain for the right reasons and not distort what was actually said.

The Mayor has only asked that the citizens help to enforce the law. No different than had he asked them to report meth cooks, muggings or people driving dangerously on the highway. Our problem is with the Law. Not the Mayor asking people to help enforce that law.

Michael
    ericb327 likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links