NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

This is a discussion on NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by preachertim How many guns can I get for a 1000 bucks ? UMMMMMMMMM Just kidding Just wait until 5 or 6 well ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: NJ Mayor: $1,000 to turn in your gun owning neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    How many guns can I get for a 1000 bucks ? UMMMMMMMMM Just kidding
    Just wait until 5 or 6 well armed BG's crash one of these parties, shoot everyone, and appropriate said property for their own use. How hard would that be? Call me crazy, but if they'll shoot you for you for a pair of shoes, a pile of guns is well worth the effort.
    zonker1986 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Offering money like that to create informants will create a lot of calls for "legal" gun owners, I would think. If people knew they could get a G just for ratting out someone with a gun, why wouldn't they call the police on everyone they see with a gun and hope that they turn out to be a criminal? I'm sure the police will have a lot of better things to do than respond to dozens of "MWAG" calls a day from people looking to make some easy money.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Isn't New Joisey just about due to break off and sink into the ocean? Since everyone in New Joisey now lives in Florida, there would be very little collateral damage.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Joisey,second only to Kommiefornia. California is like granola,what ain`t fruits and nuts is flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by aworldexport View Post

How pathetic this is. It is like i am watching some Soviet era commercial.

Thank God i live in a free state where Liberty is respected and rights are upheld.
    The question is "how long will YOUR OR MY STATE HOLD UP?", With the current trends
    I am betting NOT LONG.
    “A few elitists shouldn't rule the many. ”
    Better to have a 380 in your pocket than a 45 at HOME.
    When seconds count, police are minutes away.

Had my good ol' S&W laying on the coffee table for 2 days now, and I've been watching her real careful like. She still ain't done nothin' illegal. But if she does, pow! I'm calling for my reward. I just can't stand an illegal gun.

Can I turn in a gun I find and get $1000? I might buy a few Hi-Point's and go turn them in. :)
    W9HDG, msgt/ret, CIBMike and 1 others like this.
    --Jason--

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    This thread makes the chip in the back of my neck hurt.
    CIBMike likes this.

Distinguished Member
    This sounds like the KGB. Rat out your neighbor Ivan and get your reward. The effect will not just be illegal firearms, it will impact all who might own firearms. The gestapo(oops,sorry) police will contact lots of law-abiding people too. This guy must be from Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Isn't New Joisey just about due to break off and sink into the ocean? Since everyone in New Joisey now lives in Florida, there would be very little collateral damage.
    Since we're into state bashing lets look at Florida. Looking at a map, Florida hangs down off the main states like a loaded colostomy bag. Stinks like one too. All the bad transient stuff from the states flows down ending up there.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Bullet1234 I agree our time seems to be running out.

Everyday there is another story like this one where i question wether the ideas of Liberal Democrates can sink any lower.And then they do.

Liberals cry and scream over police powers to regulate and outlaw their drugs of choice.A drug bust happens and they yell "Big Brother!!". But when obvious attacks upon our Constitutional rights happen they are no where to be seen.

As for this video and what the Mayor said "We will give a 1,000 cash to anyone who calls our tip line and gives us information about who is carrying a gun,and we dont even have to have a conviction,if we arrest that individual and simply get that gun off the streets"

How do cops get to keep a gun if there is no conviction? I see this as an attempt to garnish any and all firearms a person may have. It wasnt until the little message popped up that i saw the blurry words Illegal guns.

Any law abiding citizen who knows a weapon is being carried illegaly by a felon would call and report them. I would. But this ad seems to be about any and all guns out there. I believe Chicago laws against owning a firearm by law abiding citizens is against the higher law of the Constitution and frankly if i lived there and saw my nice neighbors gun on their coffee table or something i'm NOT going to report them. Period.I'm not going to violate a persons Constitutional rights so i can huphold some local unjust law.

That is how i am taking this Mayors call. I won't rat out honest hard working people who just want to protect their families or businesses.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aworldexport View Post

Any law abiding citizen who knows a weapon is being carried illegally by a felon would call and report them. ...
    That's a tough one. It will get a little easier once the weapon in question is actually on display.

"How do cops get to keep a gun if there is no conviction? I see this as an attempt to garnish any and all firearms a person may have. It wasnt until the little message popped up that i saw the blurry words Illegal guns."

That right there is a huge problem - the Mayor is tipping his hand in planning on confiscating guns with no plans on returning them if no crime was committed.

He only says "illegal" once in the video - that should have been much more clear.

"There's a small group of people that think they can walk around our city with guns" - I'm confused, is he talking about criminals or people that have actually read the Constitution (or at least parts of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Absolutely! Couldn't have said it better tangle! My brother in law lives there in absecon. From what I understand, its impossible to get a permit there without being someone high up or ex police or something. Don't know how true this is but he loves guns and can't carry one so.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    I live in central NJ. We can get gun permits to buy handguns but it is difficult to get CCW permits.

Mayor Booker has a problem in Newark that he needs to resolve....gang members with illegal guns shooting each other and innocent bystanders. I think his approach is fine as long as the ILLEGAL gun owners are the ones who are targeted and NOT the legal gun owners. My 2 cents.
    ericb327 likes this.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    What town in NJ is this happening?
    Newark, Eric.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links